Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mundus Magnus Elite

Default Re: Mundus Magnus Elite {v1.2 Now Released!} UPDATED 7/31/13

NEWS:

I have finally come to a conclusion on the faction list!

There will be four new factions after I release the next version:
    Illyria - Replacing Thrace
    Bactria - Replacing Scipii
    Saba - Replacing Senate
    Mauryans - Replacing Brutii

I have been working on the Roman Roster, and I successfully created a new unit, Equites Extraordinarii. Also, many Roman units have been edited.

I plan on balancing out unit rosters, adding in units, giving more units to the Rebels, and adding new mercenaries. Then I will release the last four roman faction version of MM Elite!

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Good Job!

Well.. I have reached a dilemma with the faction list..

Originally I thought a 270BC start date would be perfect while adding in Bactria, Saba, and the Mauryans.

After sleeping on it, and then waking up and thinking, I don't feel comfortable with the Mauryans, and my gut is telling me to add Epirus instead.

Reasoning:
    Mauryans are cool yes, they add in a new culture with a new unit roster, new names, new temples, etc.. BUT they would not be represented well on the map! After sifting through XGM threads and researching, the Mauryans were most powerful in eastern India, where there capital was located, and their main enemies were in India. With the map of Mundus Magnus I can only represent their most western territories and that does not justify the power that they were. PLUS, there is no 'indian' culture in RTW and to make one would take too much effort that to me is not worth it. Also, consider that Bactria is just to the north, and they have room to expand south to become an Indo-Greek Kingdom.
    Now, as for Epirus, I know EVERY mod seems to have them, and yes they are a copy of Macedon almost, but with Pyrrhus? Why not have them in? It offers an exciting campaign for both Epirus and Roman players. The map was set up to intentionally include Epirus as they would own Ambracia, Corcyra, Tarentum, Croton and Syracuse. That also takes two settlements away from the Greeks to make them more balanced.

So, there you have it Epirus instead of the Mauryans.

I think that the Mauryans would make MM intereting, and selucid more of a challenging experience

I really think the Mauryan Empire would be good and interesting, but i guess you are right, RTW is based around the European wars, and i guess Epirus would be more reasonable, so with Epirus and all that would it be called 1.3? Great job look foward to it

I cant load battles with praetorian calavry, it gives me error message.

It's possible for arcani to remain in game? I know they're unhistorical but still interesting unit to use. (also, this is mod is not full historical conversion after all)

Ah thank you Crustis for pointing that out, that is something that I had forgotten to fix!

Simply go to descr_model_battle and look for the praetorian cavalry model.
    Then put 'MM/' before 'data' for each 'model_flexi' entry.
    Then it should work!

Also, I know this mod is not an entire history book, but there are some things that I rather not see in the game, Arcani being one of them.
    The Romans will get another kind of specialty unit, Antesignani, they were an elite skirmisher unit after the Marian reforms.

@KleenClothMaurya

I agree, the Mauryans would be an interesting faction, but because the map cuts off and Epirus is too important I had to keep them out.

Have tried - same error.

Okay delete the 'MM/' from the last two model_flexi entries. Just tested and it works

Alright, this time it works, thanks.
    I thought to play as gauls (in 1.6 version it was very easy), but now... Iberians from west, Britons from north, Germans from north-east, 3 romans factions from south, not far away Greece factions, Ancyra is сompletely surrounded (better just leave it from start with Numantia) - that's too rough.

Well I don't wanna make it easy on you guys, but if it is impossible I might change it. I want every faction to be challenging to play as.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Moved from 'WIPs, Ideas and Proposals'

I think yo should make a poll on what faction would you like in MM, and select your candidates, and see wich one gets most votes and maybe that would let you decide wich factions you want

The factions are now completely set.

Default Re: About MM, News & Updates (General Discussion)

Huh, its far from impossible. I'm currently playing as gauls and cant see any problems. I think you better return Ancyra to rebels, there is no point to keep it for gauls. It's completely surrounded (which makes gauls ownership rather weird) and far away from capital - it gives only expenses. I guess any player will just leave it from start. Parthia and Dacia could be tweaked though. Dacians AI doing nothing and parthians cant do anything to seleucids, they cant even capture single city.

Also, this water ways give some problems. Here - If i will attack this romans near Messana, reinforcements will arive and game will freeze on battle screen, because it cant put this reinforcements on water (battlefield looks like peninsula, north and east are consumed by water. Reinforcements should arrive from east).
    And this damn egyptians sent 6 stacks to attack Greece instead of at fighting seleucids. Easy to beat them, but behaviour itself is just weird.

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Dacians AI
    This is a problem I've encountered in a previous MM version. It seems like some campaigns they decide to expand, and others they choose not to. This has happened with Thrace too, it's pot luck by the looks of it.
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

That is one issue with the landbridges. Try to avoid battles on very small islands and land bridges because the game will freeze on you.
    As for Dacia and Parthia, I will try and make them expand more.
    Thrace will become Illyria and Dacia will become Getai, so that might fix things.
    I also plan on making the Parthians start off with a horde and seeing how they do.

How many regions you put in Baktria and India?

Nothing has changed with the map yet.

Are you going to make your own units for the new factions such as Baktria and Epirus or are you going to borrow some from other mods?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast