Thread: If breaktrough happens in modding campaign map, is this mod getting ported to Shogun 2 Total War?

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Default If breaktrough happens in modding campaign map, is this mod getting ported to Shogun 2 Total War?

Reasons why it would be great:
    -Better perfomance
    -Modding tools
    -Steam workshop, tough not sure if this is useful
    -Better graphics WITH better perfomance
    -Fall of Samurai has breech loading animations, gatling guns, Victorian era naval battles...
    -Uses same engine, so i think it would be relatively easy to port everything you have already done to Shogun 2
    -More stuff in campaign, such as upgradable Generals
    -better AI
    -You can toggle button to choose rank firing mode, you can choose kneel fire, and default firing mode could be "mass fire", so we have 3 firing modes choosable in middle of battle!
    -Soldiers don`t shoot if ally is standing in front of you, but still there is friendly fire (cross fire, artillery etc.)
    -Battle map editor

So if breaktrough in modding campaign map happens (long time ago i saw picture with modded campaign map in Shogun 2, it was bugged, clumsy, weird etc., but it was breaktrough, it was modded campaign map! So it definetly is possible, but still in baby steps), i see no reason not to port this mod.

EDIT: Oh, and Shogun 2 has sguare formation and bayonet animations, they just are same as in Napoleon TW so that is why they are not used in Vanilla
    Last edited by TheRomanRuler; July 20, 2013 at 04:55 AM.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: If breaktrough happens in modding campaign map, is this mod getting ported to Shogun 2 Total War?

I have no intention of getting TWS2 because I'm not remotely interested in Japan during any of the eras that game or it's expansions represent, quite apart from the fact that for the purposes of this mod the map is in the wrong place and too small (and progress in opening it up for modding is too limited to be practically useful). Ergo, there is zero chance of this mod being ported to TWS2.

Empire is perfectly fine for this mod, and the ETW campaign brings more of the scale (though not all) that the late 19th Century requires-something that neither TWS2 nor NTW do.

Default Re: If breaktrough happens in modding campaign map, is this mod getting ported to Shogun 2 Total War?

You're missing the point: the key phrase isn't "Shogun 2", but "Breakthrough in Modding Campaign Maps". If we figure out how to mod the campaign map, then the map won't be in Japan, it could be the entire world.

No, I'm not missing the point. The point is that nothing whatsoever would make me buy that game, as I don't buy games merely to spend years turning them into something else :p. (and obviously if I don't get the game then the mod isn't going to transfer to it) This mod will be sticking to ETW for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Tango12345; July 28, 2013 at 03:22 PM.

How about Rome 2?

This mod is even less likely to get moved to that game.

Pazu the Kitsune's Avatar Shopkeeper

http://angryjoeshow.com/2013/09/tota...-a-i-glitches/

Looks like it may be a loooooong time before any kindof 'breakthrough' happens with Rome 2

"If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"

-First lines to the poem "If-" (by Rudyard Kipling)

Quote Originally Posted by Pazu the Kitsune View Post
    http://angryjoeshow.com/2013/09/tota...-a-i-glitches/Looks like it may be a loooooong time before any kindof 'breakthrough' happens with Rome 2
    Yes. I didnt think there would be so many problenlms with it. Ah well. Is theere any estimate on the tools for empire that could allow such advancements in map making

Pazu the Kitsune's Avatar Shopkeeper

Well the chances of tools coming out allowing the complete reworking of the vanilla Empire TW campaign map at this point is so slim that its not even worth consideration....part of the reason why this mod is for Empire Total War is because the Empire campaign map covers a larger area than any of the games that came after....although a global map is possible (and has been done) for Medieval 2, it would be very difficult to accurately represent modern warfare on the M2 engine

Also keep in mind that we are able to add settlements now to the 'empty' regions, like the East Indies, Llano Estacado, etc etc...

For now we are just focused on trying to get this mod released for Empire, not until that time will we even begin to consider making a 'Victoria 2 Total War' for a newer title, and even then, the new title will have to have a completely moddable campaign map, and ideally be a great deal better than how Rome II is looking now.

^^

"If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"

-First lines to the poem "If-" (by Rudyard Kipling)