Thread: Changing families

Default Changing families

I don't know whether this is the right place to ask a modding question but I needed some help.

I was trying to change the family trees in SS6.4- I gave HRE Emperor Frederick a new daughter, added a general family for von Tirol & Nurnberg lines (similar to how it has been done in TATW- MOS) & made several other changes in descr_start.

However, the changes didn't take place & not only that, they vanished when I opened the file again.

All my files are set as editable; Is it possible that opening the SS setup file resets the files?

Efstratios's Avatar Libertus
    Where my entity is...in the deepest caverns of Khazad-dûm!

Default Re: Changing families

Only if you press the installation button that begins to extract files for the campaign will alter your family tree file. Opening it won't harm your file,but changing options like Gracul AI or anything else,might change what you have done.

Default Re: Changing families

You made your changes in the wrong place, or are mixing things up. If you made changes in data\campaign\early\etc for example, then you need run SS_setup for the changes to take place. If you make the changes in data\world\etc, then the changes are immediately active, but they'll be wiped out upon running SS_setup.