Thread: political system is pretty rough

Default political system is pretty rough

so I keep getting attacked by mexico and several of his south American buddies. Seeing as no one in the game really wants to even speak with you politically, and you have no real ability to play the political game shouldn't other factions be a bit more neutral in a game about the American civil war? why did you guys default the US as having all the allies and the south gets none and people want to invade her? shouldn't this be the opposite? france was always closer to aligning with the south then the north for instance and at least a trade deal with that one faction would be real nice seeing as the US has several trade deals. not a huge problem but ive had this happen the last 6 times ive taken ground and have the US loses a few battles and its really annoying. Would also be nice if the other factions didn't hit you up with deals to trade half your country for 5 cents every turn as well. overall love the mod tho, good times.

Default Re: political system is pretty rough

I am not a total expert but as faar as i know it is hard to influence diplomatic stuff in etw in modding. It is not impossible and there are probably tricks to force the other nations to a much more neutral behavior. Point is that both USA and CSA have huge territorial advantage over the other nations. Which the other nations don't appreciate so they will try to invade and gain territory for themselves. The whole ETW Diplomatic systems seams still being quit untouched thats why the other nations are aggressive. But as you also noticeable Britain is not really aggressive that probably because they already have quit a big territory. So you would need to lower the negative effects for expansion to a minimum in order to have more peace with the other nations.
    The whole trade me your region for *** is also due to the factor that you have much biger terretory than the others do which makes them jealous xd so they try to get it .. if not peacefully then with invading fleet. But don't worrie besides france and spain the fleets can easaly be destroyed by your Steamship Fleet. (Something i haven't changed yet is that the smaller nations still don't have steamhips only small ones. But Spain has Galleons which are a real threat!)

Edit it is getting better with the new version
    Last edited by [NC]Master; July 20, 2013 at 07:57 AM.

ya ive got far too many opponents every time for a military defense to be feasible. They just keep coming from every direction and i cant afford that many armies all over the place. Ships work, but i just cant afford that many of them. and ive been attacked by Britain at least 3 different play throughs, ive gotten attacked by france twice. Everyone else has attacked me about every time. I cant bribe all of them and still fight my war, i cant give away all my territory, theres no tech to trade, and ya they all default to hating the guts out of you. Im simply getting gang banged, and its harder to deal with then the union consistently. cant wait for the new version, looks like a lot of work has been done for sure, but ya im spinning my wheels every time currently. Any idea when the updates are going to come out?

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

No idea. When they're done.
    Making diplomacy more sane is one of our top priorities but also one of the most hardcoded things. If nothing else will work, we'll just take all navy away from minors, so you'll only have to worry about immediate neighbours.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

bk2-modder's Avatar Libertus

Figured where the diplomacy is stored in the startpos, but it may take a while to perfect unless I use easyesf because my current editor doesn't show what the values and numbers mean.

well thank you for the responses btw, and realize this isn't the easiest thing to mess with in the world but appreciate the efforts and the reply's either way.