Thread: AI not moving

Default AI not moving

In Historical battle, both enemy and allies AI is not doing actions, only on Borodino, and Quate Brass, but only the britsh move, and they don't fire when they see me, is this normal?

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: AI not moving

most battles IIRC are for multiplayer. that may be the reason.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

In custom battles they work, but aggressively, even when they are the defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by john_peter View Post
    In custom battles they work, but aggressively, even when they are the defenders.
    historical battles are heavily scripted: if the AI has no instructions, it does nothing. Custom battles aren't scripted the way historical battles are, and runs entirely on the AI (which is by default aggressive), in addition to (uber-basic) instructions that can be found in descr_formation_ai.txt
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

So the historical battles needs a big rework (or is it re-work?). Well, they are working on NW3 now, so I don't think they will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by john_peter View Post
    So the historical battles needs a big rework (or is it re-work?). Well, they are working on NW3 now, so I don't think they will do it.
    I believe I've made it clear that there isn't a problem, therefore there is nothing to "rework". However, if you want to change it to be single player compatible, there are guides for this at the modding workshop.