Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: >> BUGS REPORT DBM 1.0<<

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: >> BUGS REPORT<<

No, I have done the same thing. The units will come but you cant build massive army right away, unless you edit that script to...as I have

Haikka's Avatar Foederatus

How long will i have to wait before i can get more units? or what do i have to edit to get them right away and build mt Legions

Default Skirmish Mode and Withdraw Grayed Out

I'm playing as Carthage and my battle tactics heavily depend on reliable Skirmish tactics by my light infantry, unfortunately in every battle the Skirmish Mode button is grayed out. Also the withdrawal button seldom works, is this a bug or a game feature? If its a game feature could someone direct me to the .ini file where I can change this? Thank you for the great overall mod experience.

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Skirmish Mode and Withdraw Grayed Out

Quote Originally Posted by Satrid View Post
    I'm playing as Carthage and my battle tactics heavily depend on reliable Skirmish tactics by my light infantry, unfortunately in every battle the Skirmish Mode button is grayed out. Also the withdrawal button seldom works, is this a bug or a game feature? If its a game feature could someone direct me to the .ini file where I can change this? Thank you for the great overall mod experience.
    what ligth infantry are you using?
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

Read the last page of the FAQ. I also edited that script to get units sooner

Massive thanks for the answers to solve my problem: Thumbsdow

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Thought I would give Carthage a try but found that although I can recruit Scorpions (called Persian Scorpions)they cause a CTD before a battle. I see also that the Ballista have a Persian crew, is that right!? shouldn't the engineers for Carthage be Greeks?

Playing as the Numidians most of the faction's music is from Kingdoms: Americas Campaign. All I hear is native american music. I will fix this myself but definitely something that needs fixing for the next version.

The AI turns takes 10 minutes to go on ....

It doesnt take that long for me, maybe you should try to lower your settings. They only take a bout 1:33 for a complete turn

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    It doesnt take that long for me, maybe you should try to lower your settings. They only take a bout 1:33 for a complete turn
    Ok i will try that i think .. but still 1:33 mnts is alot ,its the biggest time i ever saw in a TW mod or game.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

After turn 50, some factions which are not even at war with others are starting to shrink and loose their settlements to the rebels. Well, in my campaign at least. It makes a very changing campaign map but many factions just don't expand.
    Maybe AI factions have troubles to maintain order in their cities. I don't know if we can call that a bug.
    Also, I had two AI factions which were destroyed by the end of their family tree. All this before turn 56. DBM's aristocrats seems to have a problem with reproduction...
    Last edited by Yerevan; August 18, 2013 at 07:27 PM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    Thought I would give Carthage a try but found that although I can recruit Scorpions (called Persian Scorpions)they cause a CTD before a battle. I see also that the Ballista have a Persian crew, is that right!? shouldn't the engineers for Carthage be Greeks?
    So the crash I'm experiencing could be because of the Balista. Worth trying out but cant now because I'm in the middle of the campaign on SS

Well it looks like I mistook 'Light Infantry' for 'Skirmishers' noob mistake With regards to the problems I had Withdrawing it seems that I cant recreate the problem so all is well, sorry my mistake

Just to make sure though is it ONLY units that are called 'Skirmishers' that I can skirmish with? I was trying to use slingers and cetratti for that role since their arent alot of Skirmisher units for Carthage aside from Libyan Jav

I have noticed that the AI has trouble keeping their cities, even the ones they start with.

It seems to be a problem mainly for the eastern and far eastern nations.

I've had the Saka (and soon, the Huns) go extinct because all their cities rebelled.

What is causing this?

Squalor?

Differing culture problems (wouldnt explain their home territories revolting though)?

the kings purse/waste script?

I think it could be just a matter of getting one of the sub mods to get rid of one of the above, but i dont really know which.

"reliable Skirmish tactics"

You've picked the wrong game for that.

If a unit has used up all its movement points on the campaign map, it won't be able to withdraw from battles.

Slingers should definitely be Skirmisher-type. I don't know what "cetratti" are. You can go to the EDU and give them "skirmisher" class. Also make sure they don't have "cannot_skirmish" as an attribute.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by kahnage View Post
    I have noticed that the AI has trouble keeping their cities, even the ones they start with.

I've had the Saka (and soon, the Huns) go extinct because all their cities rebelled.

Good question. I'd like to kow too, cause it really affect in a badly way the strategical interest of my campaign. However, I'm not sure eliminating squalor is the option because as Rhaymo wrote it balance demography.

As Rome, I just need to wait for the AI faction's settlement to rebel, and take them without declaring war to the other factions.

The AI factions seems to do the same, as very few of them had to declare war to another in order to expand.

I'm at turn 59 and Bactria is announced to have almost reached the victory conditions. That, it achieved only by taking all the provinces that Saka lost to the rebels.
    I just can't do nothing cause I'm on the other side of the map.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

skirmishing units are javelinmen, archers and slingers. cetrati aren't a skirmishing unit.
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Yerevan View Post
    Good question. I'd like to kow too, cause it really affect in a badly way the strategical interest of my campaign. However, I'm not sure eliminating squalor is the option because as Rhaymo wrote it balance demography.

As Rome, I just need to wait for the AI faction's settlement to rebel, and take them without declaring war to the other factions.

The AI factions seems to do the same, as very few of them had to declare war to another in order to expand.

I'm at turn 59 and Bactria is announced to have almost reached the victory conditions. That, it achieved only by taking all the provinces that Saka lost to the rebels.
    I just can't do nothing cause I'm on the other side of the map.
    It cant be culture as the AI is losing its original settlements (which, as far as i know, have mostly their own culture.

So it either has to be too much squalor or the AI running out of money due to the kings purse/waste script and not being able to build settlement improvements to increase happiness.

The nations mostly effected tend to be the Steppe nations, India and the Seleucid Empire. I have also seen the Sabaens and the Nubians(Kushites) struggling to keep the settlements near the horn of africa and the eastern most provinces in Arabia (I play with the fog off).