Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: >> BUGS REPORT DBM 1.0<<

Default always get defeat imminent message

For some reason whenever I play the campaign it always gives me a defeat imminent message and a few turns later the rebels win. Any idea how to fix this?

Default Re: always get defeat imminent message

I don't know why this is happening to you, I never had this. I know a way how to fix it, but you will need to start a new campaign. You need to edit the file descr_win_conditions.txt in the corresponding campaign folder (for example ..\MTW2\mods\DBM\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\worldwide_campaign_MEDIUM). In this file you see the win conditions (duh) for all factions. You can add new win conditions for every faction, for example if you add Latium as region to be conquered to a faction, to win they have to hold Roma and the required number of regions.

But the slaves already have a pretty steep win condition, hold 100 regions and Rome in short campaign, and 200 regions in long campaign, so the problem must be somewhere else I guess. If nothing else helps you might have to reinstall the mod, or at least delete the bin files in \Data\Text (they will be regenerated when you start a new campaign).

Under the benevolent guidance of jimkatalanos

Quote Originally Posted by Furin View Post
    and 200 regions in long campaign, so the problem must be somewhere else I guess.
    Isn't there 199 regions limit? Maybe it creates some overflow bug...

Default Re: Illyrian Bug Crash !

I have killed off the Illyrian faction multiple times in my campaigns and it never happened to me...
    Strange, it could be the city they occupy that causes the crash. Who knows ?

Default Re: >> BUGS REPORT<<

Is there any fix for the annoying slinger sound ?

Or can somebody at least show me how to turn it off , it makes the battles almost unplayable .

I really do not know, I never had the rebel faction win the campaign like you describe it. I just read what's written in the the text file.

It looks like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    slave
    hold_regions 
    take_regions 200
    short_campaign hold_regions 
    take_regions 100

make it look like this and see if it fixes your problem:
    Code:
    slave
    hold_regions 
    take_regions 200
    short_campaign hold_regions Latium 
    take_regions 100

Edit: Which means as long as Rome is not a rebel city they can't win, so take Rome for yourself and you should be ok. Every other region works too, take the capital of your desired faction for example.

I really do not know, I never had the rebel faction win the campaign like you describe it. I just read what's written in the the text file.

It looks like this:
    Code:
    slave
    hold_regions 
    take_regions 200
    short_campaign hold_regions 
    take_regions 100

make it look like this and see if it fixes your problem:
    Code:
    slave
    hold_regions 
    take_regions 200
    short_campaign hold_regions Latium 
    take_regions 100
    Thanks! I did that and now it works perfect.

Ok cool, I just noticed though that forgot to put Latium in the first part (2nd line) of the code though so for having both short and long campaign be affected you will need to add it there as well. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Before I stripped out most of the code from the campaign script I had constant crashes with the mod, now after only leaving a bare minimum of code in it I have played like 4 campaigns to over turn 150-200, crash free. So whatever is causing the crashes has most likely to do with some scripts running and will hopefully be fixed in the next patch.

Edit: But to make that certain, even before I modded the mod I could kill off the Illyrians without a reproduce able crash, only killing off the SPQR produced that kind of error.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaheman View Post
    I've been noticing things similar to the above post. Roman troops don't seem to listen to commands very well, especially when sieging and storming the walls it seems. They get stuck on siege towers often. Horse units attack the unit closer to them instead of the one you click on. I've been able to reproduce these enough to know it isn't just my mind playing tricks on me. Mostly response issues and units getting stuck. Hopefully this hasn't been a redundant gripe. Great mod folks, thanks a lot for all your work.
    That happens because the battle.config.xml is not working so well for the unit size the mod offers. What I did was go into my other favorite mod "3rd. age" and copy over the parts concerning siege to this mod, makes sieges a lot more dynamic and no units get stuck. The downside is that defenders joining the fight from below will destroy your units if they are able to sandwich them ,so you need to plan around that.

Here is the code if you want to try it, but make a backup of the file first in case you don't like it...

Code:
    <movement>
             <ladders>
          <!-- should run be the default? -->
          <default-run>1</default-run>
          <!-- start distance for the blockout region -->
          <entry-blockout-inner>0.0</entry-blockout-inner>
          <!-- end distance for the blockout region -->
          <entry-blockout-outer>25.0</entry-blockout-outer>
          <!-- limit on number of soldiers in the blockout region -->
          <number-in-blockout>1</number-in-blockout>
          <!-- distance soldiers should stop at if the entrance is blocked (in metres squared) -->
          <stand-off-distance>81.0</stand-off-distance>
          <!-- distance within which soldiers will step onto the line (in metres squared) -->
          <step-on-distance>25.0</step-on-distance>
          <!-- queue length limit before movement will be stopped (in number of soldiers -->
          <maximum-queue-length>16</maximum-queue-length>
          <!-- distance soldiers should stop at if the queue is too long (in metres squared) -->
          <long-queue-stand-off-distance>400</long-queue-stand-off-distance>
          <!-- when the entrance to a line is blocked all of the soldiers are stopped. -->
          <!-- once the entrance is clear then the first x soldiers will be restarted moving. x is set below -->
          <restart-threshold>6</restart-threshold>
          <!-- when the entrance to a line is block any soldiers beyond this position in the queue will be halted. -->
          <halt-threshold>-1</halt-threshold>
          <!-- do the soldiers have to enter in a precise order? -->
          <precise-order>0</precise-order>
            </ladders>
            <siege-tower-ladders>
          <entry-blockout-outer>30.0</entry-blockout-outer>
          <number-in-blockout>5</number-in-blockout>
          <!-- distance soldiers should stop at if the entrance is blocked (in metres squared) -->
          <stand-off-distance>15.0</stand-off-distance>
          <!-- distance within which soldiers will step onto the line (in metres squared) -->
          <step-on-distance>10.0</step-on-distance>
          <!-- queue length limit before movement will be stopped (in number of soldiers -->
          <maximum-queue-length>16</maximum-queue-length>
          <!-- distance soldiers should stop at if the queue is too long (in metres squared) -->
          <long-queue-stand-off-distance>40.0</long-queue-stand-off-distance>
          <!-- when the entrance to a line is blocked all of the soldiers are stopped. -->
          <!-- once the entrance is clear then the first x soldiers will be restarted moving. x is set below -->
          <restart-threshold>7</restart-threshold>
          <!-- when the entrance to a line is block any soldiers beyond this position in the queue will be halted. -->
          <halt-threshold>-1</halt-threshold>
            </siege-tower-ladders>
             <corridors>
          <entry-blockout-outer>30.0</entry-blockout-outer>
          <number-in-blockout>32</number-in-blockout>
          <stand-off-distance>15.0</stand-off-distance>
          <step-on-distance>25.0</step-on-distance>
          <maximum-queue-length>64</maximum-queue-length>
          <long-queue-stand-off-distance>20.0</long-queue-stand-off-distance>
          <restart-threshold>24</restart-threshold>
          <halt-threshold>24</halt-threshold>
        </corridors>
        </movement>

Before I stripped out most of the code from the campaign script I had constant crashes with the mod, now after only leaving a bare minimum of code in it I have played like 4 campaigns to over turn 150-200, crash free. So whatever is causing the crashes has most likely to do with some scripts running and will hopefully be fixed in the next patch.

Edit: But to make that certain, even before I modded the mod I could kill off the Illyrians without a reproduce able crash, only killing off the SPQR produced that kind of error.
    I guess that's just the randomness of problems you encounter with mods, some people get problems that the majority do not get. I too have had crashes but lately the crashes are gone and now there is just lag in the battle map and campaign map, it's not so bad that it ruins the play experience it's just annoying. Hopefully a future patch will fix these annoying problems if not I myself may have to take a crack at the scripts myself and hope I can get it to work better.

Hello, playing as Rome I had a CTD at the end of turn 558 AUC. I haven't modded any files and have no additional sub-mods installed. Here is the system log:
    Attached Files Attached Files

I just wanted to let you know that I was able to reload the save game and this time I got through the end of turn without a CTD. In fact, I've played several more turns without any trouble. I'm enjoying this mod and I would like to thank you for it.

slingers, when launching their rocks, the sound of bows loosing arrows is heard instead of a slingshot sorta sound.

Default Campaign Crash

I started a campaign with gaul and after 2 turns it crashes and keeps crashing(Unspecified error) during the end turn any times i try to play it again, i tried 3 times with 2 different gaul campaigns and both of them crashed at turn 2. I tested a few other factions and they all can get past turn 2, would anyone have any ideas on what would be happening to cause the crash? The system log only says "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit." Any ideas?

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Campaign Crash

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-social View Post
    I started a campaign with gaul and after 2 turns it crashes and keeps crashing(Unspecified error) during the end turn any times i try to play it again, i tried 3 times with 2 different gaul campaigns and both of them crashed at turn 2. I tested a few other factions and they all can get past turn 2, would anyone have any ideas on what would be happening to cause the crash? The system log only says "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit." Any ideas?
    have you set the log to debug level?
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

Sorry if this has already been reported! And maybe it's not a bug but a feature...
    If there's a bellum called, Rome against Carthage, the city of Qart-hadast, and you watch it as an "outsider", meaning you are not Rome nor Carthago. The roman army besieges the city, end turn, the siege seems to be successful, you receive the "successful bellum" message, the black smoke is emerging from Qart-hadast suggesting it was exterminated; the strange thing is, the city remains Carthaginian, in Carthago's ownership, and the roman army is just standing next to it.
    The expected behaviour would be, I guess, as in the "main"/vanilla game, successful crusade for example, the successful crusading army captures the city.

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

The edu needs to be rebalanced, badly. You guys should have standard unit sizes, and not have ultra roman units after reforms.

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Default BUGS :)

Why is everything incredibly beautiful also incredibly broken ?
    1. Almost all of the peltastae and missile units are bugged, by that i mean that only 20% of the units in the group actualy fire a projectile, the rest just play the animation but don't fire anything.
    2. In most of the towns units can walk right trough some parts of buildings and get stuck in open space as if something is there.
    3. Towers from towns sometimes dont fire at all, sometimes only fire inside the town, sometimes only outside the town.
    4. Siege ladders, 50% of the times i use ladders the units don't climb up automatically.

Hope they get fixed in the next patch, it's a great mod so far, actually it's the best out there :/

Regarding the game itself "medieval 2" it's a great game, but it is biased as f&^%, it drives me nuts to see that i need to shoot 1000 missiles into even the weakest enemy unit to kill it, while their missile troops take down my max upgraded and experienced best troops with 1 single shot. Not to mention generals, mine seem to die quite easy while the enemy one acts like robocop, surrounded by 1400 units that are constantly hitting him and he still fights for 5 minutes ...come on ... really ? I play on medium difficulty, but i think i will switch to easy, im getting very tired of this , it's very obvious that the guys who balanced the game "medieval 2 kingdoms" where either completely lazy or incredibly stupid.

Default DBM slow and keeps crashing?

title says it

the DBM mod has crazy slow loading screens of like 30 mins gameplay is fine and smooth till for some reason everytime i get into the castle and i rush the centre area and the fight starts it suddenly crashes and says

medieval 2 has enoucntered and unspecified error and will now exit

im on steam btw

i can play third age mod just fine without any problems whatsoever
    atm i cant afford a pc thatll run rome 2 but since im in love with the roman era i could really use this mod ( playing rome 1 is not a option )

im a pc noob when it comes to the technical side and was wondering is there anything i can do to make it playable?