Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: >> DBM 1.0: DOWNLOAD LINK + PATCH 1.1 + PATCH 1.2 <<

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: >>> DBM 1.0: DOWNLOAD LINK !!! <<<

try to install part 1 and part 2, and then move the mod. if you're using steam, read the faq thread.
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

Cell7's Avatar Libertus

Wow, great mod! How come I've never heard of this before?! This looks really amazing, great mod banner as well I might add definitely gonna give this a download and an extensive play!

I always get an error message when installing part 2. It says the installing has stopped becasue of terrain file. Any solution to this? I already redownloaded twice.

Quote Originally Posted by junylee16 View Post
    I always get an error message when installing part 2. It says the installing has stopped becasue of terrain file. Any solution to this? I already redownloaded twice.
    I have read the post regarding steam but doesn't seem to help...

1. Thanks for bringing the mod to us English-speaking fellas, despite being an Italic mod.
    2. This Mod is awesome! [Other than the Greek-spawning-armies that wins in < 7 turns, lol] (j/k)
    Marcus Claudius Aurelius

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaymo View Post
    try to install part 1 and part 2, and then move the mod. if you're using steam, read the faq thread.
    I put my Medieval II folder in C:/ drive so I redirected the installation of DBM Part 1 & 2 to C:/Medieval II/mods/
    I changed the destination of the shortcuts as well.

But it's still telling me "Kingdoms.exe has stopped working".

i played it, then conquered rome and when the election starts it crashes to desktop

Quote Originally Posted by powerbits View Post
    i played it, then conquered rome and when the election starts it crashes to desktop
    Gift a city to SPQR
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Post Hoc View Post
    Gift a city to SPQR
    problem is when i start the game he starts immediately with the election... can i go back a few steps?

aljonzc's Avatar Civis

I love the mod guys!

The campaign is awesome! The BAI is good but it would be better if you will use the animations in Stainless Steel...Keep the BOW & ARROW though ^_^
    Sword, 2handed, and the Mace animation is great! and there's many more...

Cazac's Avatar Tiro

I can't get it to work either. The installation runs fine. I installed it in D:Games\Medieval 2. I run Win 7. The game is classically installed, no steam. The error message is "Windows could not find kingdoms.exe". Where do we need to make the installation? You didn't specify that and I can't find the manual.

Would appreciate some help
    Last edited by Cazac; August 09, 2013 at 03:45 PM. Reason: made addition for clarification

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Cazac View Post
    I can't get it to work either. The installation runs fine. I installed it in D:Games\Medieval 2. I run Win 7. The game is classically installed, no steam. The error message is "Windows could not find kingdoms.exe". Where do we need to make the installation? You didn't specify that and I can't find the manual.

Would appreciate some help
    check if DBM folder is in D:/Medieval II/mods/
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

Cazac's Avatar Tiro

No. I've tried installing it in the general Medieval 2 folder so it gets access to kingdoms.exe, I've tried leaving the initial Crogram Files(86x) etc. file, I've tried creating a new folder in mods and it's always the same error message.

Classic Kingdoms used to work, now with DBM installed it enters the game, I can enter the grand campaign but when I select a faction and try to play it pushes me back to the main menu and I can't even play that one anymore.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Unistall everything re-install medieval, then install DBM to D:Games\Medieval 2\mods\dbm. I think you installed to the main Medieval folder overwriting files in the process thus corrupting everything.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Cazac's Avatar Tiro

Yeah, I did that before reading your post. I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled, created my own DBM folder in mods and now it works. It looks really good graphically and the map is quite large, I like it a lot. Though I'm not sure about the overall gameplay. It seems very easy to me. Started with the Greeks, in 10-12 turns I already eliminated Macedon and Ilirium and my treasury is up by 60.000 gold, although I keep pumping my troops and everything is up and running on all fronts. I already have the best troops I can possibly have. I play on normal/normal difficulty, do I have to play it on hard to make it more realistic or something? Idk, I'm used to slowly working my way up to the top and thus far I encountered no resistance on any level.

Yeah, I did that before reading your post. I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled, created my own DBM folder in mods and now it works. It looks really good graphically and the map is quite large, I like it a lot. Though I'm not sure about the overall gameplay. It seems very easy to me. Started with the Greeks, in 10-12 turns I already eliminated Macedon and Ilirium and my treasury is up by 60.000 gold, although I keep pumping my troops and everything is up and running on all fronts. I already have the best troops I can possibly have. I play on normal/normal difficulty, do I have to play it on hard to make it more realistic or something? Idk, I'm used to slowly working my way up to the top and thus far I encountered no resistance on any level.
    There is a general peace with all nations for the first 30 turns. The AI will try to take Rebel settlements, after 30 turns it's all out war. What i do is hamstring myself, i don't attack any nation for the first 30 turns and only take rebel cities like that AI.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

edit: figured out what I needed help with.
    Last edited by Darth_Revan; August 11, 2013 at 01:54 AM.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

No. I've tried installing it in the general Medieval 2 folder so it gets access to kingdoms.exe, I've tried leaving the initial Crogram Files(86x) etc. file, I've tried creating a new folder in mods and it's always the same error message.

Classic Kingdoms used to work, now with DBM installed it enters the game, I can enter the grand campaign but when I select a faction and try to play it pushes me back to the main menu and I can't even play that one anymore.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    I've had the exact same problem, but i've managed to figure out how to fix it.

1) Uninstall Medieval II/Kingdoms from your Hard Drive.

2) Disable UAC http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/

3) Click Start Button and type in search box... regedit.exe and click the link when it appears in results.

4) In Registry tabs click Edit>>Find... Type in 'SEGA' and if any results in the registry on the left lead you to a SEGA Folder? check to see if there is any Medieval II/Kingdoms Folder? If so Delete the SEGA Folder.

5) Restart Windows.

6) Install Medieval II and Kingdoms, create a folder to install it in like C:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II (Kingdoms doesn't seem to like the Program Files (x86) folder)

7) You will HAVE TO MANUALLY create the Folder 'DBM' in the mods folder it'll look like this... C:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II\mods\DBM

8) Once you have made the 'DBM' Folder.. Install Part 1 and 2 of DBM into the DBM Folder.

This should work, it did for me. Hope this helps

i cant get the link nš2 of rapid to start to download.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

@2-D Ron, you dont even have to do that lol, read the very first post in the FAQ thread

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast