Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football (World cup edition)

Default Re: Fantasy Football (Barclays Premier League) Kicks off 17/8/13

Well that's the end of October and both Soren and Ash had a cracking month scoring over 200 points in the 3 gameweeks and although Soren had the highest scoring player of gameweek 8 and captained the highest scoring player of gameweek 9 it's Ash who always seems to find the answer and wins the October manager of the month. (Awesome scores guys)

Classic league

Quarter 1 has flown over and unsurprisingly after the month they've had both Ash and Soren are the dominant teams in our classic league with both users finding their way into the top 1% of the overall league which is all you can really ask for in fantasy.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

H2H

Well he's at it again, Ash's reign of terror of the TWC fanatasy leagues looks all set to continue but we've had a little mini split between the top and bottom 6. Me and Q are probably the most forunate to still be amongst it at this stage whilst Soren can be slightly aggreived to be second in the classic league but 7 points adrift in the H2H.

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

Aye, the last few weeks have definitely upped the game. I've had to resort to my wildcard as I could see myself slipping.
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Well I'm beginning a climb upwards now, I'm a bit disappointed I had the 2nd highest total this week and didn't move up, but I clawing my way to mid-table safety slowly but surely so in the long term that is all I need to do.

With the Midas touch of selecting the right captain every gameweek it was always going to be a case of when not if for Soren in the manager of the month stakes. November belongs to him and now that he has the trio of

Suarez - Aguero - Rooney

it may continue for some time (Rooney's one yellow from a ban though.) December finally see's midweek games in the premier league and I'm looking forward to the Christmas congestion list, if you ain't got starters on your bench I'd seriously consider bringing in players which at least play.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

My lack of time to watch football games is really hurting my chances this year. But at least I now got Suarez and Aguero whom I can rotate.

Sörens team look really nasty and Adams team is also very strong. So we might need a significant upset to get them down. But at the moment the worst injury seem to be Leighton Baines whom I am the only coach to have .
    Last edited by Adar; November 26, 2013 at 06:09 AM.

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
    With the Midas touch of selecting the right captain every gameweek it was always going to be a case of when not if for Soren in the manager of the month stakes. November belongs to him and now that he has the trio of

Suarez - Aguero - Rooney

it may continue for some time (Rooney's one yellow from a ban though.) December finally see's midweek games in the premier league and I'm looking forward to the Christmas congestion list, if you ain't got starters on your bench I'd seriously consider bringing in players which at least play.
    I wish I had such skill - I'm constantly making mistakes in choosing a captain. One week I have Aguero, he does nothing, so I give the arm band to Suarez. Then Suarez has a poor one and Aguero gets a load of points.

I've got Giroud, Suarez and Aguero as forwards. I had Suarez as captain last week. Aguero had a better week on the points than Suarez last week. More importantly though I think Swansea will let in a bucket load playing City at the Etihad when they're still recovering from their Europa League game. So that's my thinking on picking Aguero as captain this time round. You watch now....Aguero will get injured five minutes before kick off or he won't start .

Thinking of transferring out Giroud and bringing in Loic Remy. Not sure Giroud is bringing in enough bacon for my liking. Brought in Lampard for "Hatem Ben Afri" on a transfer this week too. Did consider Yohan Kebab but chose not to bring him in.

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

So I forgot about the Crystal Palace v. West Ham game on Tuesday, and wasn't able to change my captain from Aguero to Suarez....

edse's Avatar Domesticus

47 points, whereof 30 from Yaya Touré, not good.

I used my wildcard yesterday to totally rebuild my team, 10 of 15 had to go. Hopefully it will not fail miserably.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

I thought I was really clever when I played Suarez as my captain this week.

Turned out that everyone but the Liverpool fan did the same

classical_hero's Avatar Senator

After a horrible gameweek 13, things are looking so much better. Nearly everyone played Suarez as captain.

Everyone but me, would have thought Hazard would have bossed it against Palace but mistake on my part. Sickening that I would have gotten 100 points if I captained Suarez. Very rare that you break the 3 figure point

Søren's Avatar ܁

Probably the most bonus points I've ever got today, with:

Rooney (3)
    Walcott (3)
    Negredo (3)
    Hazard (2)
    Mannone (2)
    Silva (2)

Ramsey's injury causes an interesting situation though....

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post

Sörens team look really nasty
    Nasty that team looks downright filthy, jumping into the top 6,000 in the world is also some achievement. Luckily enough we've still a few strong contenders left in the division to keep you honest.

Ramsey may be a problem as your bench is so weak and letting him go now may make it very difficult to resign him, luckily enough the January WC is just around the corner so you may be able to sit on him until we know exactly how long he's out for. (Possibly 3 GW's)

edse's Avatar Domesticus

My opponent in the official cup made 6 transfers and thus had a -20 points penalty. Is the cup important?

Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    My opponent in the official cup made 6 transfers and thus had a -20 points penalty. Is the cup important?
    I don't think so, in fact I think it's probably harder to win the cup outright than it is to win the overall classic league as you'll have to win a head to head every week up until the competition ends in GW 38.

This week is shaping up to be an absolute disaster. After today's games I have only 3 points, and three of my starting XI did not play including my captain and vice captain. And to think I had the second highest number of points for December (Behind Sören's wander team of course). Think I'll definitely be dropping a few places. Shocker!!!
    Last edited by Azog 150; December 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azog 150 View Post
    This week is shaping up to be an absolute disaster. After today's games I have only 3 points, and three of my starting XI did not play including my captain and vice captain. And to think I had the second highest number of points for December (Behind Sören's wander team of course). Think I'll definitely be dropping a few places. Shocker!!!
    The league average today was 8 so you should be OK.

Although your big hitters were all rested they all should return next GW. This may be a blessing in disguise. My (C) only took 4 today. Silva.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
    The league average today was 8 so you should be OK.

Although your big hitters were all rested they all should return next GW. This may be a blessing in disguise. My (C) only took 4 today. Silva.

True, although I was planning on this team continuing to get me points until the January Wildcard when I can shuffle some things around. Still, I only dropped one place so it could of been worse- it looks like a lot of people had a fairly poor week.

I think it's safe to post up MOM for December, I buggered up at the end of November and posted it a GW early and although Imb tried his hardest to put egg on my face the same result (thankfully) still stood. It may be a different month but it's the same winner with a team heavily influenced by the Arsenal (Bringing in both Mertesacker and Walcott have been good moves this month), so yeah well played Soren.

Lots of teams have had a cracking quarter thanks mainly to the efforts of king Luis Suarez with 8 teams averaging over 60 points for the last 10 games, and we've a fair few teams in the division who should still have their eye on the prize come May. It's also great seeing so many teams heavily involved and competitive in so many different classic leagues which is a great way to keep motivated to carry on playing till the end of the season. I've little hope personally in any league this season but my money league pays out monthly so I'll always have that little carrot to chase.

Classic league

1 Søren FC 1,232
    2 I <3 Luis Garcia 1,185
    3 Gripen FC 1,144
    4 The Aigburth Supreme 1,136
    5 Bjørns svinefylking 1,127
    6 Middx Minutemen 1,080

H2H

1 I <3 Luis Garcia 46
    2 Søren FC 42
    3 Gripen FC 40
    4 Q's Victory 35
    5 Obiwan Kenobinil 33

The January WC has now kicked in and players must use this before the deadline of the 1st of February at 11.30 am, this month and possibly the league could be heavily decided by a well played WC. I'm going to have to hold my hands up and concede the league already, I've missed to many bus opportunity's and having very little offensive coverage from Man City have put an end to any hope's I've had this season, I'm pretty sure both Q and MurfMurf are Geordies though so I'll settle if I can turn both of these over in the classic league come May.

We all must of had many highs and lows this season anyone want to offer any of those,

Highlight

Signing Adebayor in GW 17

Lowlight

Selling Coleman aka Gary Lineker in GW 12

Søren's Avatar ܁

Nice write-up again Charlatan, it definitely adds something to the competition having these updates. Mignolet has probably been the biggest failure of my season so far, I kept faith with him for far too long, up to Gameweek 17, during which time he picked up only 5 clean sheets, 3 of them coming in the first 3 games. I hate taking transfer point hits for defensive players, but in his case it would have been worthwhile. Despite that my overall transfer policy has worked well, last year I took too many hits that didn't pay off, whereas this year holding back and only taking 3 has made a big difference.

This season things are a lot more interesting. Last Christmas a template team of five big midfielders enabled by Fellaini & Michu made everything a bit dull, whereas now it seems like there will be more opportunities to catch up with varied teams of attacking players.