Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football (World cup edition)

Default Re: Fantasy Football (Barclays Premier League) Kicks off 17/8/13

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    That is probably the most surprising selection of a striker i can think of.
    It's either going to be my masterstroke or my burden of the weekend, either way I couldn't resist as it makes the first GW that little more exciting. Mon Torres

My biggest mistake was including Mertesacker and Wilshere. Should probably have anticipated this, and bought them around february instead.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

Er, I've forgotten most of my team However, in a mark of faith with Arsene, I think I picked very few Arsenal players, I may have picked Van Persie and Lambert though so that should be good, and I can't recall if I went Cleverly or Welbeck, was one or the other.. Can't check from this laptop so I'll have a look earlier - er later even. I know I have some expensive defenders which is a mistake.
    Last edited by Ybbon; August 17, 2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: muppet

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

I'm pleased with how this week is going. I've 58 points at the moment and sitting top at least temporarily. Benteke, RVP and Mignolet have brought in good bacon. Hoping Hatem Ben Afri does some business Monday.

The biggest mistake was putting in three Arsenal players. Podolski didn't even start, nothing there from Walcott and Mertesacker.

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

I'm top now for the time being at least Nice to see another toon fan in second as well Q!

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

I have Aguero, Kompany and Toure in so waiting for tonight to finish, any Bar-codes let me know how they are playing
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Murfmurf View Post
    I'm top now for the time being at least Nice to see another toon fan in second as well Q!
    I believe good sir that you have replaced by the mighty Hammers......................................................
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

edse's Avatar Domesticus

And Poor Q has -4 on the bench that I believe will be entering the pitch .

If only Chelsea can keep Aston Villa from scoring tomorrow I should get 18 more points, and a goal or two by Ivanovic wouldn't be too bad either .

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

Had a very poor first week. I rushed my team and made it the day before the season. As such I have just taken a 16 point hit to make 5 transfers (didn't want to use my wildcard just yet) so hopefully it will pay off.
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Quote Originally Posted by Azog 150 View Post
    Had a very poor first week. I rushed my team and made it the day before the season. As such I have just taken a 16 point hit to make 5 transfers (didn't want to use my wildcard just yet) so hopefully it will pay off.
    Gah!!!

You should have posted before doing that mate, by the looks of it if Luiz doesn't play tomorrow (He still may) you'll have 21 points coming in off your bench which would put your points tally into the 60's which is a good return for GW 1. Hope the transfers work out. If your ever unsure about anything in fantasy just post up here and I'm sure one of us would try to give advice to help win your money league. (We would probably stop if you went top of our classic league though.)

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Yeah I dropped to third - the last few games of the weekend did not go well for me. The red card Steve Taylor got was not a brilliant start. I had him on the bench, but not as first sub. In the starting 11, I had Kolarov (who didn't play). Because I've got three at the back and Santon didn't play either, should I be expecting Taylor to be subbed in for a -4 points hit?

Looks like an excellent week for hammered. Nice one sah!

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Unfortunately Q Taylor will come in as he's your first starting Defender. Some times you don't know whether to laugh or cry when your subs are rotated but in. Still your +60 with 2 players still to play which is a cracking start.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

I actually think that substitutes with 0 or negative points won't come on to the field. At least it worked like that a season ago.

I got both Coutinho and Dzeko who got awesome reviews but didn't do well in a FPL perspective

So I will get 42pts plus whatever Lukaku and Hazard (C) brings in.

In my experience it is however far better to not go on a knee jerk spree at the start of a season. Some players hit off brilliantly in the first few games and then rapidly decline.

Administrator Emeritus

56 points so upper-mid which I'll take. I didn't get a chance to drop Cazorla Arteta either so had him in which can't have helped. Got him on the bench now so should be a bit better. Shame I had Cleverly not Welbeck, oh well, got van Persie as Captain and Lambert as well for goals.
    Last edited by Ybbon; August 22, 2013 at 02:58 AM. Reason: correction

You'd have thought Ash would be tired of the No.1 spot after last season but no once again he's off to another flyer, I'm just going to have to hope he doesn't disappear off into the sunset again. Lots of +60 good scores in the division though.

I'll take 66 points as a good start but I'm hoping my midfield picks up as my GK outscored all four of them put together this week and I'll hope from now on that neither Torres or Lukaku will ever be mentioned again. Roll on GW 2.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

It looks like my long term planning is paying off now.

At least until Hazard runs amok against United while Jovetic and Negrado play instead of Silva and Dzeko .

edse's Avatar Domesticus

Disaster 20 points with only Ivanovic left to play.

Edit: Delete
    Last edited by Azog 150; September 01, 2013 at 09:57 AM.

Administrator Emeritus

Sturridge must be a good player to have right now. I think I need to tinker after the game, see who I have who can get shuffled on.

Yep, he's definitely done me some good. Got him as captain.