Thread: Mod for Macs

Grumbler's Avatar Foederatus

Default Mod for Macs

Since you are actively working on your Mod is there anyway to have it also work for the Mac? As you may be aware Feral Interactive just released NTW for the Mac and I am sure that it would be desired for those users just getting into the game.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Mod for Macs

You are right, Mac users may be interested. But since I don't have a Mac, I'm not. Now, if a modder with a Mac wants to test it, and he confirms the mod is working fine. If it's not working, I won't do anything to port it. I don't have a Mac, and don't plan to get one. So here again, if a Mac users want to make the necessary adaptations (no idea what they may be), why not.

Thanks for the response. I think the mod will work it's the installation that concerns me. Don't know how to do that but would be willing to give it a shot with some kind of installer.

Patrician Artifex

I don't know what are the specifics for installing a mod for Mac version of NTW, but with Windows, you basically just have to unzip the package in the data folder and edit the user script. I don't see how this wouldn't work on a Mac. Problems may be from compatibility with the version, probably not from installation

It works on the Mac other than the same problems reported by other players. As long as you don't wrap it up with an .exe installer and will allow manual install it should continue to run on a Mac, probably the same as on Windows. Had a CTD on the third turn during a battle with France and Bavaria. As previously reported the sounds are wrong units, wrong language in Battle and wrong Language in Campaign. Opening, closing and saving worked okay but only ran through once.

Patrician Artifex

The sounds should be OK for units in battle if you dont install any other mod, unless a Mac version is handling sounds differently from the PC versions. In campaign, the voices are always in English at the moment.

I made a new data folder which contains only vanilla and MoE. Have a regular user.scripts and the one I use for MoE. I will probably play it a few times over the weekend so is there anything to watch for other than what you posted in your campaign thread?