Thread: No fort mod

s.rwitt's Avatar Shamb Conspiracy Member

Default No fort mod

having fun with the mod so far, but I'd have a lot more fun without fort battles. I tried to remove them with this mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...b-Mod-No-Forts), but still have fort battles.

Default Re: No fort mod

Did you use mod manager\manually altered the user script to enable the mod?

Used the mod manager, got some conflicts liated on it with patches of some sort. Not sure what editing the user script means.

i'm not sure if that mod will work with ER.. easiest way how to remove Forts, at least to some degree would be to change the condition in buildings_levels table - just add inFactionCapital() to settlement_fortifications and they will be only buildable in capital city which will reduce them quite a lot.

Anyway, in ER, there is only wooden fort available, which is the least problematic fort of all, which makes siege battles playable.

I'll give that a shot JaM, thank you. The main problem I've been having is the huge range difference between my arty and the guns on the fort, my guns are getting blasted waaaaay before they can get into range and this leaves me no choice but to storm the fort which often results in nearly all of my infantry breaking into rout before I can do much.

I managed to get no fort mod to work in ER4.0 with modmanager but if that's no longer the case, I suppose the basic FAQ might need some updating.

Alternate option I can think of is open the ER main pack file with pack file manager, search for projectile_tables and reduce all fort cannon ranges.

Trying your suggestion now, Mjarr. Got PFM, found "projectiles", but when I open it and select Notepad to do so nothing happens.

there will be an adjustments to Fort artillery in next version. While they will have same range as similar guns of the same caliber, they will be firing slower than field guns. I will also adjust the dispersion and accuracy again, so long range fire wont be so effective against small targets, while field guns should be still able to hit the walls due to being larger target.

s.rwitt once you click the projectiles_tables -> projectiles it should open up on the right side of the window inside the pack file manager user interface, basically looking like this: http://i-g.me/asd/pfmshot.jpg

(Going further right past missile_model you would find all sorts of other things, effective range is the one you are looking for.)

Sometimes you may have to click the menu, click another menu, and the same menu again in order to show the numbers of the columns correctly. In case if it doesn't seem to work like that, are you sure your firewall\S&D\something like that is not blocking runtime access to pack file manager?
    Last edited by Mjarr; July 17, 2013 at 02:31 AM.

I got a message about something being superceded by DBeditor, so downloaded that, but couldn't figure it out either. But it's all good, I did a fresh install and used mod manager to get ER and this one to play nicely so now there are only walls on cities that already have them at game start which I suppose means only capitals. That's fine with me, it'll just require that I siege faction capitals into existence because I'm sure as hell not going to fight a siege battle. Makes it more realistic, I feel. This way I can't just take out France in a single turn by simply taking Paris. I'll have to beat them everywhere else first to give my army time to starve them out.

Looking forward to the next update. Question: Have any of you messed around with this mod at all?

Once I finish - or give up due lack of interest, which one comes first - my current game as France I'm going to give the attrition mod a shot.

Good to hear you got things to work in any case.

Question, is this mod one of those which renames units "14th foot infantry" or "2nd Cav" instead of "Line infantry" or "Dragoons"? Only reason I'm asking is I feel like it was doing so when I first started playing but now everything is "grenadiers", "line infantry", and "dragoons"

Each unit is battalion or squadron, so you will see infantry units to be named by battalion number. In the future i plan to make some adjustments to this system, and bring real regimental names to nations which used it, but its just a plan.