Thread: How to switch clans Sashimono

Default How to switch clans Sashimono

I've been fiddling around with modding Shogun 2 and in I recently found where the Sashimono files are. Is it possible to switch the Sashimono between clans. Say now the Tokugawa have the Imagawa Sashimono? Any help would be much appreciated.

Xorte-Renshe's Avatar Civis

Default Re: How to switch clans Sashimono

It is definitely possible to switch (or create a new) sashimono for clans.
    However, I'm not entirely sure which file it was that did it, as I changed quite a few before checking back when I was creating a new mon for a clan. Since you say you found which files are for the sashimono, I'd take it you would know the answer, haha.
    I'm guessing it's the "models2.pack\variantmodels\mons\<clan name>\texture_colour_mask.dds" and ">\>\>\>\texture_diffuse.dds", as there was a bit of a discrepancy with the mon I created for those files, and I think it showed up on the shashimono in-game, though it was such a small error that it was hard to tell.
    If those are the right files, then you can simply extract the files/folders using PFM of the two clans you want to switch, then re-name the <clan name> folders to each other, and make a mod with them.

If those are not the right files, see below:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The other files I guess it could be are in the "models.pack\rigidmodels\flags\textures" folder titled "banners.<'tai' and 'dds'>" and "mon_stratbanner_<clan name>_diffuse.dds". With the mon_stratbanner, it's as simple as doing the same thing as the texture_colour_mask or texture_diffuse files. Just extract the files from the clans you want and change the <clan names> to each other.
    As for the banners files, there are two ways. The first is opening up the .dds files in photoshop, finding the mons and banners for the clans you want to swap, and then "layer via copy" the specific flags, and positioning them over each other, resaving the document(s) as .dds under the "DXT1 ARGB 4 bpp | 1 bit alpha" option. The second way is to take the banners.tai file and look for the two clans you want to switch. Then, just replace their names with each other's. And boom, they now use each other's banners without having to have moved them. That's probably the easier way. Never tried that second way before, since I was creating a new one from scratch. But in theory, it should work.

Thanks to Uanime5 for the inspiration with his "how to create a clan" tutorial. Still having problems with that, hah.
    Last edited by Xorte-Renshe; July 14, 2013 at 04:03 AM.

Thanks for replying it really helped. Here have some rep in reward.

Yeah, open the file banners.tai and switch the numbers around.

For example,

Togukawa is mon_stratbanner_tokugawa_diffuse.tga banners2.dds, 2, 2D, 0.750000, 0.250000, 0.000000, 0.250000, 0.250000
    Imagawa is mon_stratbanner_imagawa_diffuse.tga banners0.dds, 0, 2D, 0.500000, 0.500000, 0.000000, 0.250000, 0.250000

Switch them around so that,

Tokugawa is mon_stratbanner_tokugawa_diffuse.tga banners0.dds, 0, 2D, 0.500000, 0.500000, 0.000000, 0.250000, 0.250000
    Imagawa is mon_stratbanner_imagawa_diffuse.tga banners0.dds, 0, 2D, 0.500000, 0.500000, 0.000000, 0.250000, 0.250000

Also, make sure that they are in the correct order.