Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tavern Talk - History, Modding or Discussions

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Tavern Talk - History, Modding or Discussions

It would seem that people are becoming rather interested in Titanium;

Last edited by +Marius+; December 06, 2015 at 04:55 AM.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post
    It would seem that people are becoming rather interested in Titanium;

When was that?
    I don't remember ever seeing that many people browsing our stuff.

A day ago, late at night, it capped at 60ish I believe and people kept coming for some time.
    I did not post it until now because I thought it to be a bit pompous and braggy.
    But today I woke up and thought it would be a far to good of a morale booster

Makes sense, it's why i finally signed up on the forum

Edit; nevermind, figured it out.
    Last edited by +Marius+; December 07, 2015 at 10:17 PM.

I like so much this mod! The speed of turns is incredibly fast. I have just one question: there's a patch or something that allows me to reduce the time to recruit new units? And something that reduce the necessary time for new buildings?

No, but you can modify that yourself if you want.
    The file that needs tweaking is the export_descr_buildings.txt in the Titanium data folder.

Hey I'm curious what tweaks everyone makes to their Titanium mod, current release. Also, what effect it has on their campaign, and for the AI as well.

One comment that seems to always surface is the slow replenishment rates and many turns to recruit units.
    I don't mind the current replenishment rates as I feel it gives more value to those units when they are available

The value I do change however is the starting recruitment pool for units.
    Exempting what I feel are unique units, (such as Varangian Gaurd), I set this value to 1. This way when you start a game you can recruit one unit of each type, in every settlement. Additionally, when you upgrade a building line such as a barracks, your pools are again replenished. So if you strategize investment in infantry recruitment, you have access to recruitable troops upon completion of construction , rather than waiting an additional 20 turns or whatever.

For the AI I am finding them much more capable in game, as their economic bonuses allow them to recruit at least a few of every top line unit available to them with existing facilities, making them more difficult to battle against, and increase their rates of success conquering rebel settlements.
    Additionally some factions (Poland is one I noticed back in the alpha release, I haven't checked the bets yet, Georgia was another) have extremely few units in their barracks that have starting recruitment pools compared to other factions. This allows even AI factions such as Obotrites to easily overwhelm them with attrition style campaigns, and for a player they are no contest.

The change doesn't allow spamming of high end troops as once you recruit the unit once, regular replenishment rates are reestablished (until the facility is upgraded again), but it seems to give the AI an edge especially in the early game, and although as the player you may not be able to afford recruiting all the best units available in the pool, at least it gives you more factors to consider when strategizing

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The value I do change however is the starting recruitment pool for units.
    Exempting what I feel are unique units, (such as Varangian Gaurd), I set this value to 1. This way when you start a game you can recruit one unit of each type, in every settlement. Additionally, when you upgrade a building line such as a barracks, your pools are again replenished. So if you strategize investment in infantry recruitment, you have access to recruitable troops upon completion of construction , rather than waiting an additional 20 turns or whatever.
    I like this, indeed one could argue that some training/preparation was being done while the building was being built/upgraded

Hey I'm curious what tweaks everyone makes to their Titanium mod, current release. Also, what effect it has on their campaign, and for the AI as well.
    I'm testing the BETA - so not changing anything.
    Once there is a stable release I can think of quite a few things I'd want to change - like the size of the Byzantine units - seem too big - esp if you're playing as Hungary.
    They seem invulnerable to archers too - except from the rear.

Well, I said before I like large units for all factions, for example I would set most basic spear men and all pike men at maximum, with the most elite spear men near maximum.
    I like the large cavalry units of SS for the BE.
    I would also make it the standard size for the basic horse archers of steppe factions and factions with steppe warfare traditions like the Turks and the Magyars (Hungarians).
    Stat wise I would also increase their replenishment rate and reduce their upkeep costs.

I'm watching you...

These two tw videos are also interesting;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq_jtod16lo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnsB9oM-xGk

though, there is some criticism in the comments about a few statements.

Nice links, people, welcome back Mel!

Another interesting article about the later Varangian Guard and apparently an Anglo-Saxon colony formed in Crimea by exiles of Britain after Norman Conquest.
    https://www.caitlingreen.org/2015/05...black-sea.html

Haven't read it yet but could be a excuse to include Anglo-Saxon Mercs in the Crimean Peninsula during 12th-13th C

Always nice to see you return in the forum Melooo, don't be a stranger.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Indeed, your return would be very welcome, Melool! Come back and make Titanium great again - it's great but needs work on stability.

Hello just passing by dropping a link for "Bardcore music", modern music converted to medieval style tunes hehe
    check it out

https://soundcloud.com/constantinerx

You can thank me later hehe...

Hello folks, I hope the forum is still alive?! I downloaded first SS6.4, tried a few turns and then read that Titanium mod is sort of the “unofficial sequel” to SS6.4. So I also downloaded it, but when I started it and wanted to check the units of the various factions, I saw no guns, no gothic knights for HRE and some other nice units missing. I then checked the EDU, and I saw all these units are missing in it. Did I make a mistake in the installation, and Titanium draws on those units from the EDU of SS6.4, or are these units removed for good? That would make me stop playing Titanium and use SS6.4, tbh…

Would be nice to get a reply, thanks in advance!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast