Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tavern Talk - History, Modding or Discussions

Default Re: Tavern Talk - History, Modding or Discussions

Hey can you add the Principality Of Antioch?? same as it is in Kingdoms Crusades. Thank You.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alexius The UnOrthodox View Post
    Hey can you add the Principality Of Antioch?? same as it is in Kingdoms Crusades. Thank You.
    Please take NO for an answer and stop asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    No. Sorry buddy, already told you last time you asked that I would not incorporate the Pricipality of Antioch into Titanium. Its been so long since the last time you asked I figured you would have learned how to mod by now and do it yourself.

LOL he just doesn't give up

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Well at least he is persistent.

Hey em if you want to be historically accurate, Antioch lasted for more then 100 years the great Prince of Antioch Bohemond from Sicily , and also has some nice uints from kingdom crusades, Imagine taking the world with Antioch.

Imagine playing as the crusader states and giving all your territories to the pope except Antioch. Voila, its the principality of Antioch now

Senator

Hey em if you want to be historically accurate, Antioch lasted for more then 100 years the great Prince of Antioch Bohemond from Sicily , and also has some nice uints from kingdom crusades, Imagine taking the world with Antioch.
    lol you could literally just rename the Crusader States to Antioch.

You are certainly unorthodox...

This is well beyond that point which one begins to ponder if they should learn to mod.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

I see your thing of doing away with Merchants ( I did in my mod about France) be creative with what is left although you change a "strat" characters function: you can change them in other ways ( Ichanged their model and Modified all their text and turned them into Monastic monks for my Monasteries~ not very historic (but fun!) your map is big! so you can do a lot~

I personally think that creating the Pagan Prussian "state" (forget the name) wouldn't be realistic but would provide a check against Poland, Novgorod and Kiev which is pretty necessary. And from what I've been looking at the Lithuanian state didn't exist until the midish 13th century, so from what I see, it's going to be pretty necessary. Based off regular history they held Stettin, Palanga, Riga, Vilnuis, and Hrodna. Pretty sizable realm.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Fat_Eug View Post
    I personally think that creating the Pagan Prussian "state" (forget the name) wouldn't be realistic but would provide a check against Poland, Novgorod and Kiev which is pretty necessary. And from what I've been looking at the Lithuanian state didn't exist until the midish 13th century, so from what I see, it's going to be pretty necessary. Based off regular history they held Stettin, Palanga, Riga, Vilnuis, and Hrodna. Pretty sizable realm.
    Yes the whole purpose of the pre Lithuanian faction is to provide balance in the area.

Chef_Jimmy's Avatar Libertus

might be the wrong place to say or ask or might be a lil off topic... but I'm somewhat "green" at modding, I'm not very familiar with the syntax used in scripting for this game. I mean I can read the script & tell you what it does for the most part, but what I want to know is if you can incorporate C+ or other programming languages into the game or perhaps maybe the launcher & use it to achieve worlds of different options & scenarios. I.E.. boolean statements that check if this is true, then this happens. Programming logic came easy to me in school. Something like setting an integer variable for a factions relations so the AI wants to attack the faction with whom it has the worst relations. If you could have the council of nobles issue missions to attack a faction or settlement based off relations, wouldn't that make the AI more likely to invade or attack it, even if it is a naval incursion? Does the AI get missions? I know different factions will join the crusade, but that's all hard coded stuff isn't it? If the AI got missions, & missions such as sending aid to an ally by attacking a faction they are at war with would be cool.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chef_Jimmy View Post
    might be the wrong place to say or ask or might be a lil off topic... but I'm somewhat "green" at modding, I'm not very familiar with the syntax used in scripting for this game. I mean I can read the script & tell you what it does for the most part, but what I want to know is if you can incorporate C+ or other programming languages into the game or perhaps maybe the launcher & use it to achieve worlds of different options & scenarios. I.E.. boolean statements that check if this is true, then this happens. Programming logic came easy to me in school. Something like setting an integer variable for a factions relations so the AI wants to attack the faction with whom it has the worst relations. If you could have the council of nobles issue missions to attack a faction or settlement based off relations, wouldn't that make the AI more likely to invade or attack it, even if it is a naval incursion? Does the AI get missions? I know different factions will join the crusade, but that's all hard coded stuff isn't it? If the AI got missions, & missions such as sending aid to an ally by attacking a faction they are at war with would be cool.
    It's better if you direct such questions at the Text Editing and Scripting forum.

My little rant: We speak about optimizations, faster turn times etc. Lot's of work had been done and more is to come. Bu the-script-with-the-104-monitor_conditions is still there...

you mean the RBAI script

couldn't many of its "monitor_conditions I_BattleStarted" be replaced by something like "monitor_event BattleConflictPhaseCommenced"?

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    you mean the RBAI script
    couldn't many of its "monitor_conditions I_BattleStarted" be replaced by something like "monitor_event BattleConflictPhaseCommenced"?
    and while loops? I'm just wondering. Or just use it as a "ShowMe" script?
    You feel the difference in end turn times when you remove it, don't you?
    Also, do you remember the 645 monitors that "vanilla" SS6.4 has for the money script? I don't claim that the one we use now (it's similar to the one in Bugfix comp, I've prepared just a "facelift"to it) does the same job, but the former script didn't need that lag to do its job.
    Ok, gsthoed's tavern talk is off for now; I am passing my changes to the EDCT file and the hotseat fix for diplomacy and I 'll put the C_S as a whole into test today.
    Last edited by gsthoed; September 11, 2014 at 02:40 AM.

Liamweed's Avatar Libertus

Hi, how do i change or remove event counters for this mod... my methods iv used for other mods or the game itself have either made no effect or have broken the file

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

I found a really rare depiction of the knights of Calatrava;

The cross symbol on the top of their helmets is the first one of its kind I have ever seen in a manuscript.

King of the Ring here,

What happended to Andy,is the mod still under construction?I did stuff before this for Titanium but i had to leave for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Jester View Post
    King of the Ring here,

What happended to Andy,is the mod still under construction?I did stuff before this for Titanium but i had to leave for a while.
    Andy has family and RL commitments, Melooo182 and, paleologos have done excellent and completed a vast amount of work. Marius Marich has been doing a lot lately as well

Melooo182 is on a short break, still visiting

The Alpha is VERY much playable I've experienced no issues

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast