Thread: Alexander and loyalty

Default Alexander and loyalty

Hi everyone. I'm coming close to completing my Roman campaign and I have to say it was probably the best campaign out of my entire rtw experience. I had a lot of set backs and even had to pull out of entire regions. Now I'm close to driving into you Mesopotamia, North Africa and Dacia and a bit of Britain to finish the game. I do wish I could have a rebellious legion or outlaw general go rogue on me. It would add more trouble to my quiet frontiers out west. I have tried loyalty with the Alexander exe many times and had a blast with it. But it always seems to crash on me whenever I finsh a battle or randomly CTD's on end turn. My question is..... has anyone ever completed a campaign with loyalty enabled on Alexander? If so how could I avoid crashes?

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Alexander and loyalty

There is a common ctd problem that occurs when you capture a city on the AI turn (typically when you have a siege going, the AI sallies, they get wiped out, so you get the city). The only way to avoid this type of ctd is to avoid capturing cities under those circumstances; break off the siege, let some of the garrison escape the battle, etc.

I always suspected that this type of ctd was related to loyalty but then occasionally it seemed to happen even with loyalty off. It seems to happen a lot more often with loyalty on though, so recently I have been thinking about dropping the loyalty option entirely.