Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Seether's Gameplay Notes

Default Re: Seether's Gameplay Notes

Thanks for the explanation Gigantus. Also thank you guys for making this mod. I enjoyed this game much more than Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Is there anyway to donate to the work? I would much rather donate ten dollars for you guys to work on improving the mod rather than pay $99.99 for another disappointing Koei creation. I can't wait for more missions to be added for all of the other factions.

Civis

Still at it eh guys?
    Good to see. Haven't played in a while for a few reasons. Working a full time job/school also, raising a family and was playing a few other games off and on.
    Originally stopped playing this mod for one reason. I tend to play the majority of my campaigns using auto resolve because I feel it is the fairest option for the computer and makes things more interesting because I actually take losses (Otherwise I can wipe huge armies with tiny ones) Anyway. The way you guys set up the generals in this mod struck me as dynasty warriorish(One officer kills hundreds..) and booooo to that. I literally had a single officer unit (Zhan He(Yue)) Wipe out a huge army of mine in an auto resolve. I ate that one with pride but when that became a reoccurring theme I was turned off of it. Your starting officers out with to many command stars( The Koei famous officers) While the other one star officers get absolutely on.. Please balance that.. I made a recommendation before that you maybe use the autoresolve values from stainless steel. Idk if you ever did but now that ive had time to think I believe officer starting command is the problem. please make an optional patch??
    Last edited by sickNsane; May 27, 2016 at 08:20 PM.

Why is it that you can't recruit spy's as Gongsun Zan?

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

So will this mod not receive any further content (e.g. Sun Clan missions)? It's one of the mods I enjoy the most.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    So will this mod not receive any further content (e.g. Sun Clan missions)? It's one of the mods I enjoy the most.
    I have returned from the grave (3+ year hiatus) specifically to implement missions for the Sun Clan. Expect something relatively soon.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

OP Updated:

26 March 2018 Update

Only... 3 1/2 years since the last update. Not too shabby. Long-story-short: life got in the way, but things now are much, much, much better than ever. I'm not returning to modding, per se, although I am going to get out an update very soon. Essentially this update will have some minor gameplay/UI fixes, possibly a minor graphical upgrade, although the majority of it will be the faction missions for the Sun Clan.

On the topic of faction missions, specifically for the Liu, Cao, and Sun clans, I should make a comment about them. While performing the missions it may be very tempting to conquer settlements (and possibly destroy factions) not specified in the mission you are conducting, I would strongly advise against it. Simple reason is that it can either break the mission script entirely or not allow you to proceed with the next mission. If we use Liu Bei's missions as an example, once you take Xin Ye and have Liu Bei in Xin Ye's region (as instructed in the first mission) the following turn the mission will update, at which point it tells you to make Xin Ye your capital and allow your starting (Xu province) settlements to rebel. As opposed to allowing them to rebel, you can always sell them. Regardless, the next stage of the mission (defeating Jingzhou faction) will not update if you still retain your original starting (Xu province) settlements. Another example would be if you are tasked to conquer settlement A, but instead conquer settlements B, C, and D before capturing settlement A. You could break the script, meaning it will never advance or fire spawns correctly or triggers an incorrect mission, as a followup mission could require settlement C to be captured or a specific faction to be alive. As I said, I know easy targets to expand your kingdom are extremely tempting, but it would be best to refrain from that, and only conquer settlements and destroy factions as specified in your current mission. And finally, ensure that you read the objectives! Each mission will have objectives clearly labeled at the end of the mission text. Read them. Seriously, read them.
    Last edited by Seether; March 26, 2018 at 10:10 PM.

I can't believe you returned +rep

The unfinished business here was nagging at me. Thanks for the +rep

On another note, everything related to the script (images, text, targets, spawns, triggers, etc.) is done. All we need to do now is actually write the script.

bphl98's Avatar Libertus

when will new update come out ?

No date as of now. Gigantus went on vacation, so it will be in a few weeks.

I'm really glad to see that a new update will come for this mod. It's one of my favorites.
    Whend i have the ability to rep people i shall do it! Probably still have few posts.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'll be back at my own computer by the first week of May, shouldn't be too long for an update after that.

Originally I was only looking to get the Sun Clan missions hammered out for the new update, however there has been a TON more done over the past month. A good chunk of content will be added (some re-added) to the patch, along with the cleaning up of a lot of text files. No ETA on the patch yet, but it's looking promising to be this month!

playable rightful Han Emperor

Update:
    I’m about 1/2 done with the Sun Clan script. So I still have to finish that and then do testing. Also have a few UI and text things to finish up as well. I’m expecting to be done by the end of the month, at the very latest, but hopefully sooner. Tomorrow I have a ton of free time and hope to finish the script completely.

If I can offer a little preview tidbit, the regional troop recruitment system (unit prefixes of Hebei, Ba-Shu, etc.) has been removed. While the regional recruitment offered unit stat variations between regions, the issue with it was that you couldn’t replenish troop numbers when in a different region. So if you were in Jingzhou and had Jingzhou troops, went campaigning in Jiangdong and captured settlements, you couldn’t replenish those Jingzhou troops. I liked the idea of the regional troops, but it was impractical when conducting far-reaching campaigns.

Excellent changes

Now that was quick +rep
    Edit: Would +rep if I hadn't given it too frequently lately

UI update for version 1.5 is available for download. Changes a few event pics and adds a faction destroyed video.

Savegame compatible.
    Last edited by Seether; May 17, 2018 at 09:33 AM.

Patch 05b (version 1.5.005) has been released.

If you already installed Patch 05a (version 1.5.000), please download the new patch. It is not savegame compatible. It mainly adds some new buildings for fortified pass and strategic town settlements, as well as fixes an error with the Sun Clan Mission script that did not allow you to finish the mission chain.

I also highly recommend using the Chinese Voices Submod.
    Last edited by Seether; May 21, 2018 at 06:56 PM.