Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: De Bello Mundi

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: De Bello Mundi

Is it already out?

I got a bug when my Roman city was attacked. The AI destroyed the gate with battering ram, but then the gate magically showed up again and AI was stuck behind it (they couldn't pass it nor destroy it). Screenshot:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by beos777 View Post
    Hey guys. Your mod is fantastic, i enjoy it very much but i would like to express my opinion about some units for some specific factions. Let's start with this, why the Ptolemies don't have companion cavalry/hetairoi and macedon has? You can add also xystophoroi for macedon. Why you dont have hypaspists for macedon,seleucids and ptolemies? Also, why the baktrians dont have cataphracts or hetairoi? That's all. Your mod rocks and i play it with baktria without any ctds and this makes me happy considering that it is first release. Keep up the good work guys. We thank for delivering us a great mod
    1. you just reported a bug with Ptolemaic_Companion_Cavalry. they are present in custom battle, but not in campaign.
    2. - There are many discussions of historian about Hypaspitai. they are units of alexander's army. in our time frame i found a few references. btw, i could insert them in some later patch.
    3. in my research i didn't find reference to baktrian cataphract. And they have a local version of hetairoi, the Bactrian_Sarissophoroi, based on persian cavalrymen.
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Turael View Post
    I got a bug when my Roman city was attacked. The AI destroyed the gate with battering ram, but then the gate magically showed up again and AI was stuck behind it (they couldn't pass it nor destroy it). Screenshot:
    what's the settlement level?
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaymo View Post
    what's the settlement level?
    City - Roman urbs

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

First off all, great mod from the first impression I got, also I fought a siege on Corsica and a battle against rebels. The units are very pretty and a joy to watch. Also I don't know if this have been already noted by someone, but I had a Hebrew Priest spawned on Corsica. SO I have to say this in italian, grande lavoro ragazzi, questo e un capolavoro.

Cheers.

This is what I've been waiting for: A mod that captured Rome very well + integrated the best scripting and polygonal (and even AI?) aspects of M2. Absolutely awesome. I'm incredibly happy for this, this will at the least keep me busy till Rome, if not afterwards.

beos777's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaymo View Post
    1. you just reported a bug with Ptolemaic_Companion_Cavalry. they are present in custom battle, but not in campaign.
    2. - There are many discussions of historian about Hypaspitai. they are units of alexander's army. in our time frame i found a few references. btw, i could insert them in some later patch.
    3. in my research i didn't find reference to baktrian cataphract. And they have a local version of hetairoi, the Bactrian_Sarissophoroi, based on persian cavalrymen.
    About the Hypaspists they did exist mate. The Ptolemies had a royal guard named Basilikon aghma, now about the Seleucids, they had Hypaspists for sure until Antiochus II reign. But after his reign, we know that during Antiochus IV Epiphanes reign when he did the famous reforms and made the daphnae parade, we see that there was corp named Goldenshields, many people believe that it was another phalanx regiment, but the most logical explanation is that it was a royal guard something like hypaspists. Now about Macedon, you have a point here because there is no reference about them in neither pydna nor cynoscephalae.

About the baktrians i noticed the sarissophoroi, it is something that i see it for a first time in a modification and i approve it, but i believe man you should have included the famous baktrian caphracts. I have many sources that they used them on the campaigns or battles. I have also a book here, which describes the famous campaign of Menander in India which says that ''his army was consisted with phalanx regiments,local indians,persians,hetairoi and cataphracts''. Because i am playing with baktria now, you can choose the saka cataphracts which is an aor unit in many of your settlements.

That's all man with all the respect i say these things and express my opinion.

Here are some pics with the GEM mod---not edited

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Am I the only one who prefers this kinda of look? Rome 1 was so colorful.

I prefer Darth mod graphics and artwork for Rome total war but Gem looks good to

Now seriously , why does the Oracle have magic powers ?

Here are some pics using the GEM mod---unedited

More to follow

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Zheng View Post
    Am I the only one who prefers this kinda of look? Rome 1 was so colorful.
    Don't worry, you're not the only one. I like it when things aren't that gloomy, vibrant colors makes things look like they're "alive" or just like an painting with strong colors.
    炸鸡

What is up with Oracles any way, what do they do ?

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Those pictures look great! So that is graphic enhancing mod? Could I make that work in Tsardoms?

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    Those pictures look great! So that is graphic enhancing mod? Could I make that work in Tsardoms?
    Thanks, Not sure

If anyone is interested, i tweaked the EDU to make missiles less effective against frontal attacks. Battles also last a tad bit longer. It's not perfect, but i enjoy it.

Think i found a bug

Cheers,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Post Hoc; July 18, 2013 at 10:07 PM.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    Yes, your friend did already with a former version.

Quote Originally Posted by Post Hoc View Post
    If anyone is interested, i tweaked the EDU to make missiles less effective against frontal attacks. Battles also last a tad bit longer. It's not perfect, but i enjoy it.
    Thanks for the file but it crashes in my campaign.. Don't understand how changing a non-campaign script file could cause that
    Last edited by DavidtheDuke; July 18, 2013 at 10:39 PM.