Thread: Making maps for custom battles using the map editor

Default Making maps for custom battles using the map editor

Is there a well explained way to do this somewhere if so where as I want to make some. I have made one thats just adding:
    Code:
    custom_location		Scottish Highlands 2
    {
    	location		47	155		
    	image			data/menu/custom1.tga
    	sett_locked		yes
    	summer			no
    }
    But thats not making one that by yourself.
    "Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why." - Bernard Baruch
    My Pics

Default Re: Making maps for custom battles using the map editor

Guide to making Custom Battles

Two threads down from this one

No i meant actually using the battle editor it's self like setting where the deployment areas are and so on.
    "Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why." - Bernard Baruch
    My Pics

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

What you said in your first post seemed like you wantedd to know how you got a custom battle location, and that is how you edit it, what you had there. To actually make a historical battle with the battle editor.....i dont know, i have never tried that before. Just use the battle editor and you can figure it out in there.

Wrong forum too

No, he wants the same as me. The Battle Editor does not let you add Armies and deployment zones. I have not seen one post so far on how to 'Fully' be able to use the Battle Editor. At least two icons are greyed out which kills the entire point of the editor. It does not even let you save the map and reload it again the same.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Wow, this baby must have been dugged in deep because I totally missed it. Moved to The Cartographer's Quarters.