Thread: No Sounds

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Default No Sounds

Trying to see if I can get some help with this. Love this mod and I'm really enjoying it but one thing is really hampering it for me. I've tried installing this mod several times and everytime, there is no sound. Well when I saw no sound, I mean that there is no music and battles are completely silent. Sound still comes up for event pop-ups like Crusades but other than that there is nothing. I've changed the mod folder and the .cfg file but I can't see anything wrong. There is sound when I play vanilla

The only thing I can come up with is that my computer is good enough to play it or something similar but I'm not sure.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: No Sounds

That is most strange.

Which operating system do you have, and are you using the steam version of Medieval II?

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    That is most strange.

Which operating system do you have, and are you using the steam version of Medieval II?
    My OS is Windows 7 and no I'm not using Steam, it's a CD version of Medieval II.

I tried a torrent download I found in one of the threads on this forum and the actual main download links in this forum and they both give the same result

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Trying to see if I can get some help with this. Love this mod and I'm really enjoying it but one thing is really hampering it for me. I've tried installing this mod several times and everytime, there is no sound. Well when I saw no sound, I mean that there is no music and battles are completely silent. Sound still comes up for event pop-ups like Crusades but other than that there is nothing. I've changed the mod folder and the .cfg file but I can't see anything wrong. There is sound when I play vanilla

ccllnply,
    I have your answer. NTW is peculiar in that if the scripting lines are not absolutely correct when you add a new mod rather than crashing to your desktop the game runs but without sound. Yes I know it's very peculiar. However I have learned after wasting countless hours of my life through trial and error that the simple fix is to simply ensure that all the lines are precise on your script. I would strongly recommend that you use Lieut. Chambers mod manager.
    Cut the mod file that you are using from your NTW data folder and paste it to a new folder for safekeeping. Then you can do one of two things, either accepts your script and delete the lines for the mod or the mod manager on click the mod on its box to the left then completely exit from mod manager. Put your mod back into your data file then restart mod manager and click the mod box. This should restore your sound.

The only thing I can come up with is that my computer is good enough to play it or something similar but I'm not sure.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox