Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Fall of Rome

Default The Fall of Rome

The reason y I put up this thread, is because this has happen in the past. When MTW 2 comes out, will people still play RTW, I have seen in the past that people playing a great game and when a new one comes out everyone abandons the original even though RTW is not the first game in the total war series. I don't want people to abandon RTW in masses. This is a great game, now MTW 2 is going to be great. But I will still be playing RTW, Now does any one agree with me. Post your opinion and say if your going to continue playing RTW.

Thank you to ALL.
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Default Re: The Fall of Rome

Right now I will. RTR anyone. It depends on how well they make MTW2. But I will probably play RTW untill they release a Rome mod for MTW2
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Well, the original versions of games are a lot more boring than the mods, like RTR, and there`s gonna be a while before a great and complete mod is out for MTW 2 after its released.

Im sure people will be playing RTR for a long time still! Im sure I will.
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus
    Right now I will. RTR anyone. It depends on how well they make MTW2. But I will probably play RTW untill they release a Rome mod for MTW2
    I think there are 2 in the making. One for the BI time frame and one which claims will be a sort of rtr for M2TW. Plus EB might want to try and convert their mod to the engine of M2TW. It all depends on the engine of M2TW.

I know i won't be giving up on RTW any time soon especially with RTR 7.0 coming.

no matter what i will play RTR 7.0 !! but when i get boored of it then i will go play 24/7 in a day medieval 2 total war

It depends on how the battles are in MTW2. If they are arcadish like they were in vanilla RTW, where you barely have enough time to flank with your cavalry, then I'm sticking with RTR. But if they slow the battles down to what they were in the original MTW then I might just play that for a while. Plus they are promising a much improved Diplomacy in MTW2 so that might be worth checking out.

I'll probably be picking it up the day it comes out, but whether or not I play it depends on how it fits with what I said above.

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

I will continue to play without a doubt.

The ancient era fascinates me far more than the medieval, and I know a whole lot more about it. Once an ancient mod was made for M2TW I might convert, but not before, but I'll certainly enjoy playing it nevertheless.

I don't think the difference between M2TW and RTW will be anywhere near as great as between RTW & MTW/STW.

RTW probably not, RTR quire probably yes. Depends how good MTW2 actually is. If its so groundbreaking that returning to RTR feels bad then it may well be that I wont find the time to play the ladder. But most probably RTR will keep me interested even after MTW2 since I too am more interested in the Ancient era than the Medieval times. But it'd be great to see a classical age mod or add-on for MTW2 with decent phalanxes.

I'll continue playing RTW until some good mods come for MTW2

Judging by the past, I will most likely play MTW2 a few times than get bored because of all the cheesy units like cannon elephants. I will then go back to RTRPE until MTR comes out.
    -Voice of the Celtic warriors in EB 1 and writer of the original tutorial on sound and music editing for RTW.

I doubt I will get it till the day MTR is created... dont think I could play a game like RTW anymore without the changes RTR made. (If you know what I mean.)

Also I doubt people will leave in masses as not everyone will have a system that can cope with MTW 2 and I am sure not all RTW fans of the medieval setting and will stay due to the fact RTW has the time period they prefer.

Even when the day comes that I do get it, I am sure I will still be dipping into RTRPE every now and then for some fun.

I agree, without RTR or those kind of mods, I wound't play RTW that much. now that 7.o is coming out I will play that probaly more than MTW 2. I enjoy playing civilations based back in ancient times.

Really? I just enjoy kicking people's ***** with my legionaries.
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Yea man. It's so awesome. But don't get me wrong the medieval time frame was awesome. But ancient times was WAY WAY better

It depends what mood I'm in I guess. But coo units wise RTRPE over MTW2 any time.
    -Albert Camus

hell yea.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Well, probably not playing M2TW until I get a new pc... Even with my 6 y/o rig I have is quite a struggle to play RTR

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

damn 6 years old. That's old man.

its not really the fall of rome, more like the fall of RTW, quite a few people are making RTR modws for MTW so thsese forums will still be up and running

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast