Thread: Please help

Laetus

Default Please help

Hi, this is my firt message.

I'vve intaled the NTW2 and when it try to run apears this error:

Script Error in napoleonic/data/descr_event_images.txt, at line 623, column 1.
    Unknown event string faction_defeated_by_player

Could someone send me these archive (napoleonic/data/descr_event_images.txt) to paste it in the folder, to see if it works or not, or explain me how to repair the problem.

Civitate

Default Re: Please help

Well, maybe you have a corrupted download, or have not installed it correctly, did you remember to read the readme?

Anyways, I have a question as well, will this work over 1.5 with Alexander installed?
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Lord Zimoa's Avatar Slitherine Games
    Citizen

I see no problem. Never tested it, but as NTW2 is also installed in a seperate folder on RTW1.5 it should work fine.

LZoF

Lord Zimoa's Avatar Slitherine Games
    Citizen

Manu

More details please. Make sure you use the right RTW version, you install ok and try downloading from another mirror first.

If you are sure all you did was ok, tell us what version you are installing on, where you directed your install to etc...

LZoF

Quote Originally Posted by MANU
    Script Error in napoleonic/data/descr_event_images.txt, at line 623, column 1.
    Unknown event string faction_defeated_by_player
    Europa Barbarorum has exactly the same error. It's not really clear what it's causing, but it may be causee by a corrupted download/patch (there was much trouble because of a corrupted 1.2 Patch).

In the EB Forum we give the Advice to reinstall all again (RTW, Patch, Mod) and make sure that after each step the Game is still working. If the error still remains after this then try redownloading this mod from another mirror.

I hope this helps
    [/CENTER]

Laetus

Thanks,

I can´t try the game now because I´m not going to be at home for 3 weeks so I´ll try to download it from other mirror, it´s posibly the problem, because I´ve installed the RTW v.1.5 pach.

See you and thanks

Yes, had similar problem...
    That was because my BI become two messy. It's not a corruption of NTW2 most probably.
    I just first had RTW with all patches installed, then Bi installed over it and patches for BI then NTW2, and had the same issue.
    Later did clear install of BI, installed NTW2, then figured out that I had to install the 1.5 patch, which I had installed on top of NTW2, then installed NTW2 over existing one again, but have no problems :-)
    Last edited by ArmanTheHun; September 05, 2006 at 03:48 AM.