Thread: Chat Thread (Read OP)

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Chat Thread (Read OP)

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochus Hierax View Post
    Lol i joined this site when i got banned on the official one
    And i'm honestly , i also joined to voice my opinion about Prometheus rant threads pre-rome II launch, how he turned out to be true about rome II

No discussing other members please.
    ~~Påsan.

@max read this
    http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Of_the_Exile
    I started reading that. Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lуra View Post
    Why is it not fair? How is it not fair? What right do you have to judge the fairness of a story? Do you not understand that an author simply is trying to explain a series of events to you? If anyone, he is the judge to make a situation fair or not. But what you said still seems to puzzle me. Do stories, in your world, have to always end fairly? Do all the participants have to have equal odds? Give me an example of such a story, please.

As well, do you not know that non-fiction is bound to a relative realism? As in, the author makes a world that can have fantastical features or not, but that this one is structures in such a way that nothing seems inconsistent. This is how fantasy works, you have to enter THEIR world (the on of the author) and not impose whatever you think should be real in it.

Would you stop watching Detective Conan just because it's completely impossible to revert someone's age? Or is the fact that the explanation for that occurrence is more in the bound of our reality making you let it pass? But the case is that who cares how Conan got small, that is not the important bit -the how isn't. No, the important bit is what his BEING small implies to the overall story; and that is one of the most successful bits about Conan.

Please, just because you do not like some personal, 'over generalized' aesthetic part of fantasy, doesn't mean you have to hate all of fantasy. DO you know what all of fantasy implies? Do you think it is some insignificant genre? When you take in an art for you have to shed some of your world restrains; let your mind imagine, let your ideas be free.

Sincerly,
    ~Lyra
    Summarizing in one word, that just means I should love fantasy, no?

As I said, I love fantasy characters, fantasy stories, but hate fantasy itself.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

I started reading that. Thanks mate.
    good luck
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Summarizing in one word, that just means I should love fantasy, no?
    It was the reasons that your brushed off fantasy, the reasons you gave, to which I was criticizing.
    I see you seem to like things which don't exit out of your precious, little view of reality. By, Jove! We cannot have people absorbing ether! No, no, no, that is simply unfathomable!

As I said, I love fantasy characters, fantasy stories, but hate fantasy itself.
    Lemme see this, hmmm...
    You love fantasy characters? Okay. You like fantasy stories... maybe that's plot lines? Fantasy stories in general? I'm sorry, but could you expand on tha- wait, but now you say you hate fantasy? Man, what is this!?

Just say you don't like flashy things and cut it with the "I hate Fantasy" -because you are not. You are not hating the whole genre. I'm unsure if you even know how vast the fantasy genre can be.

~Lyra

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Te gustibus non est disputandum, my friends. There is no accounting for TASTE. Let us embrace and give thanks for the many gifts we have received.

pacifism's Avatar see the day
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

How do you guys get rid of malware on your computer? I'm afraid I picked some up in the last three days.
    Read the latest TWC Content and check out the Wiki!
    ---
    Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I freak out and ask irishron or pannonian.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Malwarebytes works wonders
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

pacifism's Avatar see the day
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    I freak out and ask irishron or pannonian.
    I can see it now. "Keep calm and ask irishron" with an Irish flag on top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamat View Post
    Malwarebytes works wonders
    I never tried downloading or installed any anti-malware software because I suspected there might be malware on it.

Yet you seem so sure . . . and my computer is now so slow with random links everywhere. I'll try it.
    Last edited by pacifism; December 22, 2013 at 03:52 PM.
    Read the latest TWC Content and check out the Wiki!
    ---
    Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochus Hierax View Post
    good luck
    It turns out, the plot lines go far deeper than I had ever expected. I am going to read all about the plots right from the beginnings of staff revolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lуra View Post
    It was the reasons that your brushed off fantasy, the reasons you gave, to which I was criticizing.
    I see you seem to like things which don't exit out of your precious, little view of reality. By, Jove! We cannot have people absorbing ether! No, no, no, that is simply unfathomable!

Lemme see this, hmmm...
    You love fantasy characters? Okay. You like fantasy stories... maybe that's plot lines? Fantasy stories in general? I'm sorry, but could you expand on tha- wait, but now you say you hate fantasy? Man, what is this!?

Just say you don't like flashy things and cut it with the "I hate Fantasy" -because you are not. You are not hating the whole genre. I'm unsure if you even know how vast the fantasy genre can be.

~Lyra
    Each to his own, I'd say. But still, fantasy (or especially high fantasy) is something I dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila Praefortis View Post
    How do you guys get rid of malware on your computer? I'm afraid I picked some up in the last three days.
    Have you tried Malwarebytes? It is a great tool.

I too have some malware on my PC, if it can be called that. Sometimes when I click somewhere on any page in my browser, such as clicking 'submit reply' button below my post at TWC, selecting some text on any forum, or even aimlessly clicking to deselect or for the sake of it, suddenly a new page appears displaying prices of mobile phones and Ipads, along with discount.

And apparently it is an Indian site, it's name indicates this.

Malware Bytes = For Malware.
    Microsoft Security Essentials = For Viruses.
    You won't need anything else.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Actually you do. MSE doesn't prevent your computer from getting infected and it sometimes fails to pick up viruses so you'll need some form of fire-wall to go with it.

My advice, spend 50 bucks get a decent anti virus such as kaspersky or bitdefender
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

I use AVG for my antivirus. It is free and has never let me down.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

​I use avast. Just got back from my second day of skiing on Wolf Creek in Colorado

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Unrealism. When I see humans vs supernatural creatures, I hate it, because it is not fair. And a lot more things related to fantasy.

I do love the mysterious fantasy, for example in the anime Detective Conan the protagonist is a teenager but gets shrunken into an elementary school boy by a mysterious drug. That kind of fantasy is much better than a witch appearing and casting spells on someone (with awkward lightening colours and such) and suddenly shrinking him.
    You seems to have a lot of irrational hate in you, or so you say. But I suppose you'll grow out of it or something.

Also that makes no sense at all.

^^ I am dutifully ignoring the post above, because the tone of that post and replying to it would result in a rude argument.

Kaspersky is great if you want something to clean your PC. It uses a lot of RAM when you run it though, at least it did on my PC, so I recommend keeping it in background if you decide to buy it.

Which reminds me, I have to get a new Kaspersky myself. The last one was 2012 and expired a long time ago. Why do antiviruses keep expiring?

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ☩Lord Inquisitor Derpy Hooves☩ View Post
    ​I use avast. Just got back from my second day of skiing on Wolf Creek in Colorado
    Colorado? I got relatives out there. Don't really see much of them, and not because I don't have the time...

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

^^ I am dutifully ignoring the post above, because the tone of that post and replying to it would result in a rude argument.

Do it. Let the hate flow through you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Do it. Let the hate flow through you.
    What I meant by that is that I respect Pasan greatly, just as I do Lyra, Ishan and other members of the Devia, just as I crave to get them as a good friend which I consider them to be. And for that reason, I didn't wish to reply to that post because the contents would require me to be a lot 'informal', and the series of replies and counter-replies would begin an argument, when it will turn somewhat violent.

And also Pasan, Lyra and others, forgive me for my rudeness because it is midnight here and I have been awake for over 24 hours, and will be for a few more. I don't have much idea of what I am typing, and my focus is entirely spread out because at present I am reading a long game manual.

And I am, after all, a teenager. You guys are older and know how to behave, while I just have the same teen uncouthness and 'noobishness'.

Also, that sentence reminds me of Jimmies rustling meme, if I am right it had some kind of gorilla or ape in it.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Make sure to visit GED Derps, see the site servers, give everyone 10000 rep when he is not looking.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

What I meant by that is that I respect Pasan greatly, just as I do Lyra, Ishan and other members of the Devia, just as I crave to get them as a good friend which I consider them to be. And for that reason, I didn't wish to reply to that post because the contents would require me to be a lot 'informal', and the series of replies and counter-replies would begin an argument, when it will turn somewhat violent.

And also Pasan, Lyra and others, forgive me for my rudeness because it is midnight here and I have been awake for over 24 hours, and will be for a few more. I don't have much idea of what I am typing, and my focus is entirely spread out because at present I am reading a long game manual.

And I am, after all, a teenager. You guys are older and know how to behave, while I just have the same teen uncouthness and 'noobishness'.

Also, that sentence reminds me of Jimmies rustling meme, if I am right it had some kind of gorilla or ape in it.
    I'm a teenager and I really don't give a crap when they disagree with me. I was also up for 23 straight hours yesterday.

I haven't been sleeping right the last week.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR