Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bug Thread

Default Re: Bug Thread

Yep, clean install of RTW/BI w/ 1.6 patch. Will try reinstalling CTW just incase I misdirected anything.

A little more testing, I found what is making me crash. If I have an army with the Kingdom of Jerusalems Foot Knights included, CTD. (That's who I was playing as when trying to do a siege....) I did multiple tests as KoJ vs Damascus (Same enemy army each time). I had 1 of each unit but Foot knights, went fine. Next time picked an "army" of a single foot knight unit, CTD. Several repeats, same results, CTD with foot knight, smooth sailing without them.

Did a bit more fooling around, it is if they are the 1st unit. KoJ's special foot spearmen (Sp..something or other) get the same result. Guess it is trying to tell me a great leader rides a horse.
    Last edited by Baron von Beer; September 06, 2006 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikephoros
    1)6) normans have 3 archers units(bowmen, crossbowmen, brigands), 5 cavs (knights, sergeants, mounted crossbows, scorridori and mounted brigands) and 5 infantry(militia, men at arms, spearmen, axemen, foot knights). Like other factions.
    Must be a bug then!

Thanks Byte...we'll check what we missed and we'll add all the units

@ Baron von Beer: we'll see what's creating the problem and if we solve it we'll create a small patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Beer
    Did a bit more fooling around, it is if they are the 1st unit. KoJ's special foot spearmen (Sp..something or other) get the same result. Guess it is trying to tell me a great leader rides a horse.
    yeah, foot soldiers are just poor beggars ...

AI SUPORT ITALI IN ER STRAGGOL FOR GUD FUD

Stereotypical coward \ pasta-eating \ "family" member italian, who talks with a sexy, weird, accent and can perform a wonderful Mandolino solo, eating a pizza under the shadow of the vesuve, gesturing like a madman...Or am i?

299th modder in the bottom 300!!!
    Take that, east-saint-luis!

Italian generals are messed up for me.

as i already wrote, we messed up a little with file exchange:we put older files in the battlepack. Sorry for that . Please don't mind it.

The very very odd thing is they work for us. And they work for our beta testers too. :hmmm:

the next release will fix it. And if everything goes as it should, it's going to come out next week.

Stereotypical coward \ pasta-eating \ "family" member italian, who talks with a sexy, weird, accent and can perform a wonderful Mandolino solo, eating a pizza under the shadow of the vesuve, gesturing like a madman...Or am i?

I Nike and Drag, i'm italian and i follow u from the italian forum too. I haven't installed the mod yet, bcs i'm waiting the final release...The next pack it's a final release or a patch???
    Than u in advice

the next patch will be some kind of major fix (units, sprites, names, stats...), but the map will be in another one.

Spero quella subito dopo

Tank you so much!

(attendo con ansia...!)

In the latest patch, the new sicilian units dont have unit cards.
    Last edited by Byte; September 13, 2006 at 10:01 PM.

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Hello, after installing the new patch 0.65, I load up the game and it comes to the crusader screen , then it ctd and I had the show_err command on. This is what it says,Script Error in bi/data/export/ decr/ buildings.txt , at line 123, column 36. Unknown unit type specified : jobbagy ? Do u think installing the Preveious patch cause this ? :hmmm:

there had to be something wrong, i knew that!
    my mistake,here is the file i use, it should work.

Because for an extensive patch such as that, you have to update a number of files...usually forgotting a few of them

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Yes! thank you that worked .

my game crashes when i start it! I get the load screen for 3 seconds then it crashes to the desktop!

a beta tester's guide for dummies.

1) use the show_err switch. How?
    create a link to BI in the desktop, right click, proprieties, and in the line with the address, add, after the quotes, show_err. As in here:
    "C:\Program files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err
    2) identify the kind of error.

3) report it.

OR

just read the whole "thecnical problems" and "bugs" threads to find your bug\thecnical problem and maybe fix it.

In your case, i think you should download the patch and the file i linked a few post above.

Any error? do wou use show_err?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikephoros
    1) we didn't fix that! going to do it now
    2) going to fix it
    3) :hmmm:...i didn't notice...
    4)i know italian crossbowmen (balestrieri) and italian heavy crossbowmen (chioggiotti, genovesi, anconetani) cost the same. It's a precise choice. If it's not what you're talking about, pleas tell me what faction and what unit, i'll work on it.For the hungarian knights, it has been already fixed.
    5)we uploaded an older version of the descr_engine, so it's already been fixed. Actually, a lot of the small bugs (like backless shields)are because of that, so don't worry.
    6) normans have 3 archers units(bowmen, crossbowmen, brigands), 5 cavs (knights, sergeants, mounted crossbows, scorridori and mounted brigands) and 5 infantry(militia, men at arms, spearmen, axemen, foot knights). Like other factions.
    7) we won't add it, because we think techtree is fine the way it is the byzantines didn't use crossbows, or have any super-duper distance unit, as far as i know.

for tituslabienus, jst check the "technical problems" thread, and download the bi.zip minipatch attached in the first post.

and as a general advice for you all: read the whole thread, and read the right thread too. this problem has been reported a lot of times, and has been the first to be fixed.
    There is no mini patch for bi on that message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nor anywhere else at technical problems

Now Im Missing Every Artillery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

well, first minipatch is at the beginning of bugs' thread.

Sorry for the problems

Updated patch link. Hopefully working.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast