Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bug Thread

Default Bug Thread

Here please post everything strange you see as MESSED UP SKINS/MODELS, and EVERY OTHER KIND OF BUG and CRASH

For the installation problem post in the TECHNICAL PROBLEMS thread ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...96#post1181896 )

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

Default Re: Bug Thread

when i try to start the game it ctds back to the desktop saying this...

Last edited by The Black Reaper; September 03, 2006 at 03:48 AM.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

i made a mistake...i put a wrong file..anyway put the this file i give you into your RTW/bi/data folder and it should work

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

oh ok... inserted and in the custom battles menu the names are still the same as the normal BI factions

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

WTF....sorry but i forget to put some new files in the download....i prepared the pack yesterday...and yesterday was Saturday and i had to exit with friends...so pardon me

anyway here it is the corrected file...extract it in your main rtw folder

Amazing work guys, one small thing, the county of edessa is still called Vandals in the custom game army selection. When you select them it says county of edessa but the text popup says vandals.

Ok we'll fix it soon

and thanks for the good comment

Game crashes on startup screen with this:

Error: Filename doesn't exist : data/animations/SG 01 idle 01.cas

What did I do wrong?

I get an issue saying "Filename doesnt exist: data/model_engine/saracen_ballista.CAS

I copied some random file and put it in, and then the trebuech is missing.

Nevermind. It seems like it didn't copy over from RAr. I'll reinstall it.

Now it's crashing without a message. This is for 1.6, right?
    Last edited by Ahiga; September 03, 2006 at 02:31 PM.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga
    This is for 1.6, right?
    Confirmed, yes
    Otherwise you get that ballista ctd

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Quote Originally Posted by Byte
    Amazing work guys, one small thing, the county of edessa is still called Vandals in the custom game army selection. When you select them it says county of edessa but the text popup says vandals.
    Same thing with the slavs, i can see how you missed it, there is anothe descr entry at the bottom of the txt.
    Also, shouldnt the Byzantines have Trapezountan archers? They only got psiloi.

Trapezountan archers are a MTW invention

Give them another missile unit to fit in the techtree.

Matthæus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

some graphic bugs

all k.o.jerusalem inf. units have messed up shadows

and black army shields from behind are partialy transparent

Last edited by Matthæus; September 04, 2006 at 07:23 AM.

remember that some of the files that need to be fixed have already been, just check the download thread.

and if you're not doing it right now, use the show_err switch to show the error.
    Last edited by Nikephoros; September 04, 2006 at 08:23 AM.

AI SUPORT ITALI IN ER STRAGGOL FOR GUD FUD

Stereotypical coward \ pasta-eating \ "family" member italian, who talks with a sexy, weird, accent and can perform a wonderful Mandolino solo, eating a pizza under the shadow of the vesuve, gesturing like a madman...Or am i?

299th modder in the bottom 300!!!
    Take that, east-saint-luis!

Some bugs:
    -Hungary doesnt have siege engines.
    -The small faction icons on the end of battle report are vanilla BI.
    -Some banner carriers like the saracens dont have alpha channels so you can see the black square over them.
    -Im sure you know this but some units have basically the same stats and cost. Like archers and arbalesters cost the same. Also for hungary the feudal knights are something like 300 and the dragon knights are about 2000, but the feudal knights are only 2-3 charge points behind the dragon knights.
    -The catapult model grows larger when you zoom out and the trebuchet model shrinks a lot when you zoom out.
    And some suggestions
    -The norman roster is half the size of the other factions, maybe some cheap troops to fill the gaps?
    -Byzantines need another level of archers, did they use crossbows?

Nice work once again.

I'm also getting

"Filename doesnt exist: data/model_engine/saracen_ballista.CAS

Any idea what I did wrong?

1) we didn't fix that! going to do it now
    2) going to fix it
    3) :hmmm:...i didn't notice...
    4)i know italian crossbowmen (balestrieri) and italian heavy crossbowmen (chioggiotti, genovesi, anconetani) cost the same. It's a precise choice. If it's not what you're talking about, pleas tell me what faction and what unit, i'll work on it.For the hungarian knights, it has been already fixed.
    5)we uploaded an older version of the descr_engine, so it's already been fixed. Actually, a lot of the small bugs (like backless shields)are because of that, so don't worry.
    6) normans have 3 archers units(bowmen, crossbowmen, brigands), 5 cavs (knights, sergeants, mounted crossbows, scorridori and mounted brigands) and 5 infantry(militia, men at arms, spearmen, axemen, foot knights). Like other factions.
    7) we won't add it, because we think techtree is fine the way it is the byzantines didn't use crossbows, or have any super-duper distance unit, as far as i know.

for tituslabienus, jst check the "technical problems" thread, and download the bi.zip minipatch attached in the first post.

and as a general advice for you all: read the whole thread, and read the right thread too. this problem has been reported a lot of times, and has been the first to be fixed.

AI SUPORT ITALI IN ER STRAGGOL FOR GUD FUD

Stereotypical coward \ pasta-eating \ "family" member italian, who talks with a sexy, weird, accent and can perform a wonderful Mandolino solo, eating a pizza under the shadow of the vesuve, gesturing like a madman...Or am i?

299th modder in the bottom 300!!!
    Take that, east-saint-luis!

I get a crash 100% of the time when setting a city/stone walls for the map. Haven't tried wood walls, etc. Used "Muslim", "Catholic", & "Carthaginian". Each time as soon as the bar loads for the battle, CTD.

Are settlements/siege battles no yet implemented?

they aren't implemented,a nd it's because of this that they should work 100%...i played a lot of siege battles...and it works fine

yours is a very strange problem..was your version an unmodded one?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast