Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium - Introduction

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [WIP] Titanium

Added units to preview

Last edited by druzhina345; July 28, 2018 at 12:18 AM.

looks great man really cant wait but i like to make a couple of suggestions , first of all the moors are so underpowered i mean how come they lasted that long in spain (more than 600 years) with these armies , i know they were more infantry based but they are originally arabs and berbers so they had better quality cavalry (in arab cultures knights who were called forsan had high ranks in society) and also they had elite infantry at that time mostly in garanda , their roster is annoying coz it is mostly all militias with exception of christian guard and neglecting many possible units like jews for example or murabiton or even mercs so i hope u consider that in your next release

Quote Originally Posted by LEGIONARY_HAWK View Post
    looks great man really cant wait but i like to make a couple of suggestions , first of all the moors are so underpowered i mean how come they lasted that long in spain (more than 600 years) with these armies , i know they were more infantry based but they are originally arabs and berbers so they had better quality cavalry (in arab cultures knights who were called forsan had high ranks in society) and also they had elite infantry at that time mostly in garanda , their roster is annoying coz it is mostly all militias with exception of christian guard and neglecting many possible units like jews for example or murabiton or even mercs so i hope u consider that in your next release
    I'm pretty sure this compilation is using this as a base: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?405904
    The Moors are far better in there, and therefore this too, in terms of both historical accuracy and unit variety/power.
    I think you'd like HURB on its own, though, because not just the Moors have been overhauled...
    It also is great because HURB has quite a few new factions, one or two have never been put in a mod before, like the Volga Bulgars, and they are in HURB.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Legionary View Post
    I'm pretty sure this compilation is using this as a base: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?405904
    The Moors are far better in there, and therefore this too, in terms of both historical accuracy and unit variety/power.
    I think you'd like HURB on its own, though, because not just the Moors have been overhauled...
    It also is great because HURB has quite a few new factions, one or two have never been put in a mod before, like the Volga Bulgars, and they are in HURB.
    i really hope so coz im living hell with SS campaign with these stupid moorish militias ,right now i can get only one heavy infantry unit which is the best i have though they can't even beat castillian spear millitas , so i guess this submod will be a total game changer
    Last edited by LEGIONARY_HAWK; July 24, 2013 at 03:48 AM.

Dont worry all factions will be improved from vanilla 6.4

EDIT: See bottom post.
    Last edited by warman222; July 25, 2013 at 06:46 PM.

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

I am wondering, what do you guys plan for the kingdom of jerusalem(crusader states), ive been looking for a mod that has a good roster for them and so far ive found bellum crucis 6.3 has the best in my opinion but their map doesnt extend as far east as I would like. This mod does look very cool and I was just curious to know what you had planned for that particular faction unit wise.

I found some pictures of various crusader armour/units on google, the last picture is templar spearmen in service to the KOJ, the url said it came from total war center, someone named pacco made them.

armour/robes of a knight of jerusalem.

Templar foot knight.

Dipiction of crusaders fighting saracens.

Templar spearmen made by Pacco.(I know you plan on making your own units I just thought they looked cool)
    Last edited by Evalation; July 25, 2013 at 05:44 PM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Thank you for the information. I currently have a plethora of books and other information on the different crusader states. They are also my personal favorite faction to play. I dont want to give anything away but it will be much better then SS Crusader States

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Np, im glad you are putting some good research into the crusader kingdom, I think they have an amazing history and some epic units that I believe deserve to be given some justice when making a mod about this era. Not everyone has heard of the hundred years war, or the spanish reconquista, but everyone has heard of the crusades and im glad you plan on working hard to give a accurate representation of this facion

Thank you for your answer, I am content with what you said.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

I'm not sure where to post this, but I was given the assets for King of the Ring's Early(?) German Knights. I looked at them and I improved parts of the texture. I feel that the surcoats and capes looked too... simplistic. I'm still working on them, but let me show you what I have.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Very nice, i like what you have done. I tried to invite you to the mod group so you could post them there but it says your not allowed to join groups.

Indefinitely Banned

good work
    i did the german knights in a hurry,it still had lots of modifications to go on for them but you shortened my work

the one with the Bavarian emblems might look better without any body texture

I actually adjusted it even further so the texture doesn't look as stretched now. Also, I was thinking of adding more emblems by adding some to the axe side. I will be adding more variation in weapons and helms. Are these Early German Knights?

Here's some screens of the improved improved knights and another emblem I added myself.

Improved:

My own Emblem:

Indefinitely Banned

what duchy is that?

That was just a test. I don't think it's based off of anything. Can you answer the questions in my above post? It would really help me with the additions.

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    That was just a test. I don't think it's based off of anything. Can you answer the questions in my above post? It would really help me with the additions.
    Yes those are early german nobles. (If thats the question you want answered)

Okay thanks! I must say I can easily use King of the Ring's original textures as a template for any and all knight units in this mod.

Okay thanks! I must say I can easily use King of the Ring's original textures as a template for any and all knight units in this mod.
    Yes that was the basic plan. Just change textures, helmets, weapons, etc. But he was the only one working on it so it takes time.

Indefinitely Banned

that's exactly what i did for all the western unitsdone by me until now
    feel free to do everything you want

btw,ask which faction will share the same unit template

because german knights,french knights and english ones have differences

i planned to use the german knights model for poland as well
    so if you have time,do some polish textures
    Last edited by King of the Ring; July 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM.