Louis XVI's Avatar Campidoctor

Default [HS] Rise and Fall of the Kingdoms

Rise and Fall of the Kingdoms, by Knight of the Rivers

King of Rivers and Hills by Dux

Map:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Preface:

The Knight of the Rivers:
    Hello, I got bored and since Murica's birthday is in two days, and mine is in three.... **** it i'll open another hotseat.

A few oldbloods are in this hotseat don't join if you think you are going to get steamrolled.... don't.

This is a redemption hotseat, I have to increase my score against guy and see how long I survive as Bolton... I think songs was.... 16?

As for the RPing, I don't care, once every ten turn is perfectly fine!

Lore:

This mod will be set in the time of the petty Andal and First-men kings of Westeros. Over 1000 years before Aegon the Conqueror's Landing.
    You'll have:
    - The last First-men King of the Riverlands fighting a desperate battle versus the surrounding Andal Kingdoms. The King of River and Hills is desperately fighting to keep his faith, his customs and his people alive.
    - The Boltons and Starks fighting over dominion of the North.
    - Yronwood, Dayne and Martell battling over Dorne.
    - House Hoare leading a Golden age of the Ironborn, the ironmen could rightfully claim that "wherever men can smell salt water or hear the crash of waves," his writ ran.
    - The Lannisters, Stormkings and Gardeners expanding everywhere as they are trying to become the most powerful kingdom of the continent.

This can only mean one thing, TOTAL WAR in Westeros!

Winning Conditions:

1. Become the King of Westeros by conquering all of it or having other Lords/Kings pledging fealty to you. Every Lord/king must pleadge fealty to you in order to win this Hotseat. Only one House can win!

Admin of the Hotseat: Louis XVI

~~~~~Factions~~~~~

Kingdom of the Rock~ Dux
    Kingdom of the Reach
    ~ Bcman3
    Kingdom of the Dreadfort~
    TheBlackWolf
    Kingdom within the Red Mountains (and Dorne) ~ The Knight Of The Rivers
    Kingdom of the North~ The Guy With No Imagination

Kingdom of the Mountain and the Vale~ The Forgotten
    Kingdom of the Iron Isles~
    Arrow2daknee
    Kingdom of the Stormlands~ Lord AcidRocker
    Kingdom of Rivers and Hills~ complete noob

Subbers and stand ins:

~~ HOT SEAT RULES ~~

Hotseat Constitution
    (
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?589858-Hotseat-Constitution-Rules-Discussion-and-known-bugs):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    No Killing of Princesses and Diplomats
    1. You have 24 turns to take your turn, if you don't ask for an extension or don't have appointed a personal sub you will be skipped.
    2. It is not allowed to abuse bugs to your or anyones advantage. These are the known bugs:

• The naval fort bug: No using ships to bypass a fort or a settlements Zone of Control.
    • Spam siege bug: Besieging a fort or a settlement with a force far superior in it, in order to either prevent that army from reinforcing or in order to cut down a settlements income is not allowed.
    • Fort watchtower bug: Constructing watchtowers in order to prevent forting is not allowed. You can construct watchtowers, but you will be asked to replay if it is obvious the reason why the watchtower has been built is to prevent forting
    • Heroic victory bug: No Heroic victories at all. If you get a heroic victory you must reload until you get a different result, and if you cannot get a different result then you will not be allowed to play the battle.
    • Ambush fort bug: No luring men in ambush position into ZoC of forts\settlement's as such robbing them of their movement points.
    • Siege reinforcement bug: when the army is adjacent to a fort or a settlements that has been put under siege it cannot reinforce armies adjacent to him which he should have been able to reinforce on normal occasions. Attacking an army which the siege reinforcements bug applies to is not allowed
    • Navy inside ports attacked bug: no using this bug to attack ships which are inside ports.
    • Yoyo armies\forts bug: no attacking an army which the bug has been used on mutliple times. You can see when this bug accures, as the enemy army enters the fort and then leaves it:Spoiler Alert, click show to read:

3. You are not allowed to encircle an army, just to deny its retreat.
    4. Destroying buildings is not allowed in these 3 situations:

1. If the settlement is under siege
    2. A far superior army is one turn away from the settlement. *exception: if it is turn one it is allowed
    3. You have not yet held that settlement for 3 turns *exception: does not apply on turn 1-3 on home regions

5. You can have 4 forts per region and every fort has to be garrisoned by a minimal of 4 units. The minimum number of men in the fort must be equal or greater then 300 men, Cavalry counts as double (only on Huge settings)
    6. You are not allowed to attack a besieging army just to deny the enemy of sacking the settlement.
    7. You have to VM/PM the next player after you upload your save.
    8. Posting pictures of battle odds, and results is mandatory. You do not have to post the pics if the person you fought against in the battle does not demand pics. All pics must show the attacking and deffending forces. You are advised to delete your finance and minimap
    9. The recruitments of spies\assasins and their use is prohibited
    10. Armies defeated by a player (b) that comes after the original player (a)'s turn cannot move next turn, so if Tyrell defeats a Lannister army that army cannot move next turn. - Exception: Reinforcing armies in fortification, even if defeated, don't lose movement points. So player 'a' should be allowed to move the army that reinforced another while in a fort and was defeated by 'b'.
    Addendum to the same rule: no sallying out of a fort\castle which has forces which were defeated last turn. This is to make it fair for those who come last at the turn order, because they will not be able to do this
    11. No sailing from a blockaded port without first defeating the blockade (land or sea units alike).
    12. It is not allowed to accept money or regions from dying/obliterated factions.
    13. It is not allowed use a princess to steal a general, unless there is more then 35% of success. (pics must be posted)
    14. Settlements gifted should disband all units, except for one to keep public order.
    15. One turn peace for everyone *exception: a faction who is before you in the turn order placed units in your territory. Example: Lannister can't attack Tully in turn 1. Tully can attack Lannister if he placed his troops in his territory.
    An hostile act who breaks the 1 turn peace rule is one of the following:

• Attacking an army\force of another player
    • Blockading a port
    • Besieging a settlement

16. The recruitment of siege equipment and their use is prohibited.
    17. It is illegale to place armies or any kind of land forces (Archers, Infantry, Cavalry) onto ports which are inside ports. This is to prevent players from hiding their men inside the port, where they are untouchable
    18. It is illegale to burn down ports in order to get around rule 11- if your port is blockaded and there are ships inside that port, if you burn down the port the ship is not allowed to move that turn.
    19. In case someone preforms a trick\move which isn't forbidden by the rules that the admin does not like, that action (if it should be allowed or not) goes to a vote and if more then half the players agree then that rule will become valid next turn
    20. The admin's decision's need to be respected. Arguing with the admin is not allowed, and if you refuse to respect the admin's ruling you will be kicked out from the Hotseat

IF any problems arise regarding rules or player moves the admins and a council of player will make a final ruling.

~~~~Campaign Information~~~~~

Campaign Length: Long

Campaign Difficulty: Hard

Battle Difficulty: Hard

Manage All Cities: Yes

Password: Yes

Map Updates: We will have map updates every 10 turn to see the progress. Every map update will have a 5 turn delay!

Last edited by Louis XVI; July 19, 2013 at 07:22 AM.

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

Default Re: Rise and Fall of the Kingdoms

So.... pretty!

If Knight of the Rivers plays both Martell and Yronwood it would make sense to make a new descr strat with a new turn order

Quote Originally Posted by The Knight Of The Rivers View Post
    So.... pretty!
    yeah I was asked to use this offical format for all hotseats, I guess its looks tidy enough

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Good job with the new topic.

Oh btw: Gangstermaori left, Arrow took Hoare and I have taken Lannister.

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [HS] Rise and Fall of the Kingdoms

I offered to give up my spot in favour of immortals so that a new player could tske my spot. However I will stay if required :-)

I am quite looking forward the Bolton RPing :-D

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Louis XVI View Post
    If Knight of the Rivers plays both Martell and Yronwood it would make sense to make a new descr strat with a new turn order

yeah I was asked to use this offical format for all hotseats, I guess its looks tidy enough
    I think it would be better if you just do the same thing as we have done in LS, just join Dorne under one faction, prefferable Yronwood as they hae better units and generals. So just give Yronwood all of Martell's settlements, some more starting forces, and walla!

Shouldn't be too hard, only some descr_strat editing actually

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Just FYI Martell cannot display the Yronwood name. Not sure about the other way around.

Stark does not have this problem with subsuming Bolton.

Ok I played around with the descr_strat, never did that before but I think I did everything right.

Dorne is united under house Yronwood, house Martel loyally holds eastern Dorne for their king!
    Beware kings of Westeros for Dorne is no easy prey, they have strong armies and a plenty of gold.

Lannister up!

RFOK_Lannister_1.rar

Good luck everyone, with playing and RPing!!!!!!
    Last edited by Louis XVI; July 08, 2013 at 06:57 AM.

gangstamaori's Avatar Miles

I hate unified Dorne. Been a pain in my ass from day 1 in Middle Aged Korah

"The disgraced and the disinherited. This is my army. This is our best hope."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ok I played around with the descr_strat, never did that before but I think I did everything right.

Dorne is united under house Yronwood, house Martel loyally holds eastern Dorne for their king!
    Beware kings of Westeros for Dorne is no easy prey, they have strong armies and a plenty of gold.

Lannister up!

RFOK_Lannister_1.rar

Good luck everyone, with playing and RPing!!!!!!
    Wouldn't it be just much better to join all of Dorne under Yronwood flag? its a pain in the ass co-operating two factions...

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

And so it begins!

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    Wouldn't it be just much better to join all of Dorne under Yronwood flag?
    I did...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

No, I mean that Yronwood actually holds all of Dorne and there are no Martells. Not just giving both factions to Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    No, I mean that Yronwood actually holds all of Dorne and there are no Martells. Not just giving both factions to Knight.
    I did...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

You wrote: "house Martell loyally holds eastern Dorne for their king"

So.... I'm confused

I did not exterminate the Martells, I just added them to the Yronwood faction (I did remove some of them though together with their Royal regalia and traits)

Everything looks correct.

Turn order is a bit strange though

Quote Originally Posted by complete noob:( View Post
    Everything looks correct.

Turn order is a bit strange though
    The Knight of the Rivers turn order was used, I just deleted the Martell faction

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I did not exterminate the Martells, I just added them to the Yronwood faction (I did remove some of them though together with their Royal regalia and traits)
    Oh haha, I get it know

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

Ya, my turn order is a bit strange, it was made for a duel faction KORAH.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast