Thread: DRAGONDAWN: NO PERMISSION TO USE IN PART OR WHOLLY AS A SETTING

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

Icon4 DRAGONDAWN: NO PERMISSION TO USE IN PART OR WHOLLY AS A SETTING

We've had quite a few people asking if they can have lore, or do writing and a lot of other things about the setting, so I'd best update this situation:

Anyone outside the team is NOT given permission to:

Use models or textures from the mod, in part or wholly, and conceptually without exact permission.

Use Storyline or 'Lore' or names and details from the setting or mod

Use the setting for anything at all outside this forum or away from TWC, including maps (ingame or 2d art)

The only exception is in making videos of a battle or other game based output

Whilst a mechanism cannot be Copyright, a setting or idea can be, and is.

-------------

Sorry to have to make so plainly obvious - I'm not trying to be rude, and I feel like an idiot. It's not because of the nice people here, but there have been many attempts to gain permission to do this, that and everything. The answer is no, you can't. Write to me if you would like to help - that's entirely different - but blatant attempts to gain rights to huge amounts of work for dubious means will not be accepted.

Anyone given any form of permission has had their 'rights' rescinded, from 7th July 2013. This is due to the behaviour of a few people, but this is written under advice. Breach of Copyright will be pursued.
    Last edited by Shankbot de Bodemloze; March 19, 2014 at 04:26 PM.