Thread: Unit stats

Default Unit stats

I just decided to try your Mod for MTW2 IBII. I have played IBFD for RTW BI in the past.

The first thing I noticed was the large inflation of the unit stats, like the doubling of melee and missile attack, defense and hitpoints. Why did you choose to do that? This has the effect of virtually nullifying armour upgrades and highly watering down experience improvements.
    For Lawrence, mercy is a passion, for me, it is merely good manners. You may judge which is the more reliable.

Default Re: Unit stats

Also, the armour stat is pretty much arbitrary for a lot of units.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by PatWest View Post
    I just decided to try your Mod for MTW2 IBII. I have played IBFD for RTW BI in the past.

The first thing I noticed was the large inflation of the unit stats, like the doubling of melee and missile attack, defense and hitpoints. Why did you choose to do that? This has the effect of virtually nullifying armour upgrades and highly watering down experience improvements.
    The hit points of many of the units now start at 2 and go as high as 5. The battles last much longer with this method.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Yes, but the easiest way to increase battle length is with the skeleton compensation factor as it's now called. This link will explain my point http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...les&highlight= For some reason this isn't well known. I couldn't find the original thread that worked it all out.
    For Lawrence, mercy is a passion, for me, it is merely good manners. You may judge which is the more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by PatWest View Post
    Yes, but the easiest way to increase battle length is with the skeleton compensation factor as it's now called. This link will explain my point http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...les&highlight= For some reason this isn't well known. I couldn't find the original thread that worked it all out.
    Did not know about that, thanks!

That's skeleton compensation as you said it yourself. It behaves differently compared to hit percentage in Rome. There's this old thread about skeleton compensation factor while trying to fix two handers. If I remember peasants get around 1.68 in skeleton compensation in vanilla Med 2 so it's just not the same. Altering it will produce different combat stats but it's different.
    炸鸡