View Poll Results: Which faction will you play as?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Athens

78 35.94%
  • Sparta

79 36.41%
  • Epirus

60 27.65%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Three Greek States, One game.

Default Re: Three Greek States, One game.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus041 View Post
    Well that's disappointing.
    Uhh...why?
    Be on alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in Love. (1 Corinthians 16:13)

Some of the people on this thread post stuff like "Athens and Sparta were not as strong during the time period of rome 2, or they're not going to be much of a challenge or just boring." Well I say that's bs. I say if I wanna play as Sparta and dominate the world, then dang it I'm going to conquer the world. I mean really?? This is Total War!!!!. I might be new at this total war thing but I'm going to play as Sparta and I'm going to conquer the whole map, and do it again as Athens. Why? Because I can

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2571 View Post
    Some of the people on this thread post stuff like "Athens and Sparta were not as strong during the time period of rome 2, or they're not going to be much of a challenge or just boring." Well I say that's bs. I say if I wanna play as Sparta and dominate the world, then dang it I'm going to conquer the world. I mean really?? This is Total War!!!!. I might be new at this total war thing but I'm going to play as Sparta and I'm going to conquer the whole map, and do it again as Athens. Why? Because I can
    Preach.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Why? Because I can

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    Shouldn't be too hard...what is that 3 or 4 extra regions?
    At first. Then I'll expand further, obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Durnaug View Post
    This is Thucydides considered opinion.

This is Donald Kagan's considered opinion.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Sparta send Athenian troops home when they arrived to aid Sparta? That alone was tantamount to war and tensions were already high in the region.
    Quote Originally Posted by Durnaug View Post
    Aye. I've read speculation that the whole "black soup" story was another concoction (literal and metaphorical) to fool the visitor to Sparta.

It seems they even evinced the same sort of humour at the state level, using their army as the punchline! They had the Athenian representatives begging them for 10 days to march against the Persians; just when the exasperated Athenians had had enough, the Spartans calmly announced that the army was already on the march. And it was.
    Hey, in a few documentaries, historians have actually tried the "black soup" concoction. It really was as terrible as the ancients said it was. If you think about it, the black soup has a lot of nutrition and is probably very healthy. It was probably cheap to make as well.
    My major disappointment though is that there aren't more regions in Greece to represent the struggles that went on there throughout the early to mid game. No Aetolian league...no Boetia...no Achean league...just sad
    I don't think this is as game breaking as some make it out to be but the leagues should have made the cut. You could have had the Aetolian and Achean Leagues as well as Sparta and Athens. It would have been intense. I guess game balance takes precedence, though.
    And here I was hoping for a Peloponnesian war expansion
    Am I the only one that wants a Classical Greece expansion/scenario? Dozens (if not hundreds) of tiny city-state regions would be epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel*Faith View Post
    Actually they didn't, and there's strong evidence supporting that they did not.
    Interesting. Many, many historians claim the opposite. It would be interesting if we could finally lay it to rest.

FOR SPARTAAAAA!!!!!!!!
    Legend states we are descended from Hercules himself....

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Epirus sounds fun. Having a neutral military and navy. I would say Sparta, but they supposedly have economical disadvantages.

Quote Originally Posted by The Useless Member View Post
    Epirus sounds fun. Having a neutral military and navy. I would say Sparta, but they supposedly have economical disadvantages.
    Who needs economy when u have spears???

Athens and Sparta are battling it out, while Epirus watches and laughs with the gods from behind.

This is quite a deadly battle.

Barbarian Nobility's Avatar Tribunus
    South Australia - Land of the Bogan and home of the serial killer

I think there's been some misinterpreting of my posts within this thread. I merely stated the reasons why I voted for Epirus over Athens and Sparta, ive never stated that those factions should have never been included within the game or made playable, such as the Seleucid fanboy rage over the fact they werent included innitially in the playable factions and I heard stated over and over and over again that they believe the Iceni should be pulled and replaced with the Seleucids.

I think all the factions should be made playable and I agree whole heartedly that you should be able to play every factions irrespective of plausibility of conquest, because TW games are about re-writting history.

Also LONG LIVE PYRRUS!!! HERACLEAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

For me having Epirus made up for the lack of Seleucids somewhat. Obviously still want them in, but I get Pyrrhus so I can't complain to much.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567