Thread: A few questions before making a unit pack

Default A few questions before making a unit pack

First of all, how do I upload them to the steam workshop?
    Secondly,is it possible to change the colors of the uniforms. I was thinking of making a China Unit Pack and a Kwantung army skin. I want to use the Imperial Infantry as the base model. To make the uniforms for the soldiers I need to color the Imperial Infantry uniform a khaki-tan color. Is it also possible to swap the 1853 Enfield rifled muskets for the bolt action rifles that the French marines and guard infantry use?
    So
    Kwantung Infantry: They wear modified Imperial Infantry Uniforms and are equipped with bolt action rifles.

Here are the proposed units for the Chinese pack.

Late-Qing Bannermen Infantry: The will be made with ashigaru helmets and attire from various different units. Their main weapon is a Chassepot rifle.

Boxers: The boxers will be dressed mostly in peasant attire. They will be equipped with sword attendant swords.

Manchurian Imperial Infantry: Their attire will be a modified Tosa rifleman skin. They have khaki uniforms and they are equipped with bolt action rifles.

Beiyang Infantry: They also sport modified Tosa rifleman uniforms but its of a darker blue variety. They are also equipped with bolt action rifles.

Ming Infantry: Their armor will be modified Samurai armor. They are equipped with 'glaives'

I also wanted to add a 'Viet Cong' unit using Levy Infantry uniforms and the peasant rice hats and they are equipped with bolt action rifles as well. They are a skirmish unit.

Also, how do I change the statistics for the units? And how do I make the unit cards and the costs for each unit? And how can I make them accessible for campaign, multiplayer, and custom battles? This is my first time so I'm really excited about this project.

Default Re: A few questions before making a unit pack

The Kwantung unit will also have a ridiculously high morale being a ww2 Japanese unit and possible the only ww2 unit in shogun 2 through modding. The Kwantung unit will also have a high accuracy with the advances since the 18th century. Possibly being the most powerful firearm infantry unit in shogun 2 surpassiing elite infantry.

*19th

Here's the statistics for the units:

Kwantung Infantry:
    Morale: 80
    Melee attack: 14
    Melee defense: 10
    Charge Bonus: 20
    Armor: 2
    Reload Skill: 80
    Accuracy: 80
    Ammunition: 40

Qing Bannermen Infantry:

Morale: 10
    Melee Attack: 8
    Melee Defense: 9
    Charge Bonus: 15
    Armor: 3
    Reload Skill: 60
    Accuracy: 55

Boxers:

Morale: 70
    Melee Attack: 30
    Melee Defense: 20
    Charge Bonus:35
    Armor: 2

Manchurian Imperial Infantry:

Melee Attack: 9
    Melee Defense: 7
    Charge Bonus: 10
    Armor: 1
    Reload Skill: 65
    Accuracy: 65

Beiyang Infantry:

Morale: 15
    Melee Attack: 8
    Melee Defense: 6
    Charge Bonus: 17
    Reload Skill: 67
    Accuracy: 75

Ming Infantry:

Melee Attack: 15
    Melee Defense: 13
    Charge Bonus:18
    Armor: 5

Viet Cong:

Morale: 20
    Melee Attack: 7
    Melee Defense: 6
    Charge Bonus: 10
    Reload Skill: 80
    Accuracy: 65

Some of these units should NOT be considered overpowered. Considering the time in history they came from and the technological advances and training that leads to more firepower and more accuracy, they're not really overpowered.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

I suppose you've already know how to use Assembly Kit and PFM, also already read the Tutorials in The Mod Workshop section?
    One practical way to learn is by reverse-engineering other mods, opening them via PFM to see how it works...

To Upload into SteamWorkshop, you have to finish the mod first; Load it to your data folder along with a .jpg with identical name with your mod that will serve as Thumbnail Picture in SteamWorskshop; Run Game as Usual.
    When The Modmanager pops up, double click your mod, a window would appear, then click "Upload to SteamWorkshop" below.

If you still have any questions after reading Modding Tutorials, just ask for it.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    I suppose you've already know how to use Assembly Kit and PFM, also already read the Tutorials in The Mod Workshop section?
    One practical way to learn is by reverse-engineering other mods, opening them via PFM to see how it works...

To Upload into SteamWorkshop, you have to finish the mod first; Load it to your data folder along with a .jpg with identical name with your mod that will serve as Thumbnail Picture in SteamWorskshop; Run Game as Usual.
    When The Modmanager pops up, double click your mod, a window would appear, then click "Upload to SteamWorkshop" below.

If you still have any questions after reading Modding Tutorials, just ask for it.
    I can't upload my .zip folder to the forum because my laptop is kind of a . Anyway, I click on manage attachments and a Firefox window pops up. What should I do?

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Add Files
    Browse (You know your own modding folder, don't you?)
    Upload
    Tick
    Insert Inline
    Done

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    Add Files
    Browse (You know your own modding folder, don't you?)
    Upload
    Tick
    Insert Inline
    Done
    Ok, I've got a .zip folder in another thread right here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ng-help-please I need to know what's wrong with my mod. Thank you.