Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Transgender Bathroom Rights Bill Passed By California Lawmakers

Default Transgender Bathroom Rights Bill Passed By California Lawmakers

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...r-rights-bill/

Is the decision right or wrong?

discuss

Default Re: Transgender Bathroom Rights Bill Passed By California Lawmakers

I can't see what's wrong with letting transgender people pick what bathroom they use.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glorious Nationalist View Post

discuss
    The decision is right. If the child has both the gender identity and the guts to say what he is he should be allowed to act on it.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    I can't see what's wrong with letting transgender people pick what bathroom they use.
    The decision is right. If the child has both the gender identity and the guts to say what he is he should be allowed to act on it.
    See, thats the thing, what could an elementary school student possibly know about these kinds of things?

Gatsby's Avatar Punctual Romantic

If I was physically a male but felt as though I was a girl I would know about it, even at that age.
    You'll have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing than an Edinburgh wedding.

Under the patronage of the mighty Dante von Hespburg

Menelik_I's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Republic of Angola, Permitte divis cetera.

discuss
    Depends on the definition of transgender, if it is "I am I man but feel like a girl" then this is just insanity. if you are biologically a man/woman "feeling" like the other sex is just you being a spoiled brat, there are some people who have biological imbalances and do treatments to correct them but these days 50 000$ can get you a sex change so we can't separate the really insane from those who really have a health issue.
    « Le courage est toujours quelque chose de saint, un jugement divin entre deux idées. Défendre notre cause de plus en plus vigoureusement est conforme à la nature humaine. Notre suprême raison d’être est donc de lutter ; on ne possède vraiment que ce qu’on acquiert en combattant. »Ernst Jünger
    La Guerre notre Mère (Der Kampf als inneres Erlebnis), 1922, trad. Jean Dahel, éditions Albin Michel, 1934

See, thats the thing, what could an elementary school student possibly know about these kinds of things?
    Who said this was exclusive to elementary schools?

Guys don't care who uses their toilets, this has always been a question of not upsetting the girls. Or their parents.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Helel's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    If I was physically a male but felt as though I was a girl I would know about it, even at that age.
    So you think it would be alright to administer testosterone blockers and hormones to a 5 year old who "felt like a boy/girl"? If your child told you this, would you begin administering treatment?

Anyhow, I feel that this is a good decision, as long as it applies only to those who have gone all the way with genital reconstruction surgery.

If I had a solid medical consensus telling me that they were better off with the treatment, then yes. Why would I go ahead purely based on my child's word?

The exact age is a grey area to me and I don't really know, but the point is that simply saying "children can't be expected to know such things" is false. If my child approached me with such a serious complaint, of course I would get help and see what course of action needs to be taken. I wouldn't solely rely on their word, but I wouldn't dismiss them.

It depends if their poo or farts stink.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

HAHAHAHA and California once again lives up to its reputation as the Gomorrah of America, a hyper-liberal **** hole if I ever saw one.

I don't think I've ever heard of something more ridiculous than "gender identity". What, chromosomes don't matter anymore? If I started calling myself a bird and trying to act like one do I suddenly grow wings and start flying? Holy hell, for all their talk about their respect for science these progressivists sure are full of it.

wrong

i guess if i put on a wig, a pink dress and make up, i'm able to go to woman's toilet and tell them to **** off and check their privileges if they ever complain

Comes Domesticorum

What happens when a woman who thinks she's a man tries to use a urinal?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze86420 View Post
    HAHAHAHA and California once again lives up to its reputation as the Gomorrah of America, a hyper-liberal **** hole if I ever saw one.

I don't think I've ever heard of something more ridiculous than "gender identity". What, chromosomes don't matter anymore? If I started calling myself a bird and trying to act like one do I suddenly grow wings and start flying? Holy hell, for all their talk about their respect for science these progressivists sure are full of it.
    You do realise that the APA recognises gender identity disorder and that the concept of a gender identity that transcends chromosomes is a widely acknowledged psychiatric concept?

My god what an ignorant and backwards post. People are living in bodies they feel they genuinely don't belong in and you laugh it off like they're ing freaks at a circus just because you set your moral compass in the 7th century.
    Last edited by Gatsby; July 04, 2013 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    They handle it the same way a male with male gender identity does. If a person's got to sit down to use the restroom, they sit down, regardless of their gender identity. There's a reason men's restrooms have toilets as well as urinals genius.
    Last edited by Gaidin; July 04, 2013 at 05:27 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

YuriVII's Avatar Primicerius

Its ****ing stupid. If you have a penis you go to the men's room. If you do not, you got to women's room. It's not very ****ing complicated.

Helel's Avatar Biarchus

If I had a solid medical consensus telling me that they were better off with the treatment, then yes. Why would I go ahead purely based on my child's word?
    Psychological consensus =/= medical consensus. There is no way to examine your child's brain and determine what gender role he or she should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    If she has had genital reconstruction surgery, then she has an artificial penis, complete with a working urethra.

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

You do realise that the APA recognises gender identity disorder and that the concept of a gender identity that transcends chromosomes is a widely acknowledged psychiatric concept?

My god what an ignorant and backwards post. People are living in bodies they feel they genuinely don't belong in and you laugh it off like they're ing freaks at a circus just because you set your moral compass in the 7th century.
    Let me play you a song on my tiny violin: I don't give two ****s what body you think you deserve to be in. As far as I'm concerned you can think you're a table and I wouldn't give two craps. But you're not going into a bathroom assigned to the opposite sex. Clap your hands over your ears and yell all you want, your gender is decided by the chromosomes you carry not what ever the hell is going on in your head. You can take your moral compass and shove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze86420 View Post
    Let me play you a song on my tiny violin: I don't give two ****s what body you think you deserve to be in. As far as I'm concerned you can think you're a table and I wouldn't give two craps. But you're not going into a bathroom assigned to the opposite sex. Clap your hands over your ears and yell all you want, your gender is decided by the chromosomes you carry not what ever the hell is going on in your head. You can take your moral compass and shove it.
    Still think the concept of gender identities is ridiculous? Still think your little transphobic rant trumps people who have cared to actually try to understand the human mind? Don't start acting apathetic because you made a fool of yourself.

And according to California now you can go to the bathroom of the sex you weren't born with. And people like you are taking identical little hissie fits everywhere. Shove that mate.
    Last edited by Gatsby; July 04, 2013 at 05:53 PM.

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast