Thread: Finances

Default Finances

Hey guys.. i've been a lurker on this forum for a while now, and i have a question..

How can one make any money with Germania, Gauls, Iberians or whatever?
    The only reagions that make big money are the ones around greece and turkey.
    I usually go broke after spending my start money when i'm those factions.
    I build ports and markets and all that, but i still go bankrupt after a while.
    The unitcost are high, but i must have a large army to get new provinces and
    to protect the ones i have.

I need help!!

btw, i use the Terra expugnandae mod

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Default Re: Finances

Moved to Lusted's TE sub-forum.

ah, i played as germania once (very hard) and the best way to boost economy, is beat gual to the northen coast of europe, get trade rights with britain and gaul (ally with gaul) and capture scandanavia, and wait, gather up money till you can support an army, then move south to conquer terretory near Rome, then get trade with them, then money wise you should be good, i had 100k+ with that, just watch out, cause macedonia, rome, dacia, and eventually gaul will kick ur ass, barbarians simply aint got nothing on phalanxes

Zuwxiv's Avatar Bear Claus

Make trading agreements with everyone, and carefully look at your army. Get rid of what you don't need, or use units with lower upkeeps. What difficulty setting are you playing on?

Currently worshipping Necrobrit *********** Thought is Quick
    I'm back for the TWCrack

Thanks for the tips guys.

I'm playing on medium difficulty if i'm the romans, greeks or macedons, and easy if i'm any other faction.

The Iberians economy should be the best of the barabarian factions, especially with all those mines. Once the whole of Iberia is yours there shouldnt be too many problems, even on very hard. As Germany I always try to conquer Britannia after ive taken 2/3 cities in europe, it gains provinces that get you money, removes the threat of being attacked by Britannia, and once conquered will require only a small garrison as the sea will stop you getting attacked.
    Last edited by Tyr; August 29, 2006 at 03:40 AM.
    What do we mean by patriotism in the context of our times? I venture to suggest that what we mean is a sense of national responsibility ... a patriotism which is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

With Germany, you have to build economic buildings for your cities

1. ports
    2. traders

Its importat to get trade rights from everyone.

That should provide you with a good income and a decent army. I suggest allying yourself with Gaul and Scythia, so as not to end up fighting them early on in the game. Let them wear themselves out agaiunst Rome and Macedon.

Your next best move would be to go for Britain. Capturing the four cities in lower England (Camulodudunum, Ictis, Isurium, Deva) will put you in the black for sure. Make sure these cities also have ports and traders.

You are now ready to expand. Lots of choices here, but keep in mind that Macedon, Rome and Iberia are VERY tough on the battlefield.

Good luck

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

attack in the winter, hide in forest during the summer, when fighting civilised peoples.
    when fighting neighbors my experience has been to keep one large army and just make it a highly mobile force responding to enemy attacks and conquering the isolated rebel provinces. kinda like how i play chess, just attack and keep em on their toes. never divide your forces either, and just build low upkeep garrison troops in your cities. That should give you enough money to think big.

Wow, those are all really smart ideas with trading. I sort of had a different way of making money (As Germania) Basically, I've been pillaging the whole of the Italian peninusla for the last few decades and getting revenue that way.VH/VH by the way...