Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unit Stats Rebalanced

Default Unit Stats Rebalanced

Alrighty, been gone for a long time, but I now have a new and improved version which I really like.
    Changes:

Empire:
    -Halberdiers have armor-piercing which makes them even more useful and will likely last a lot longer and can go toe to toe with heavier units
    -Greatswords no longer have armor piercing. Made them too strong, so I reverted them back to their vanilla stats.
    -Greatswords Bodyguards on the other hand have locked morale and armor piercing, but their numbers have been lowered.
    -All imperial factions have access to Empire Mounted Swordsmen in custom battles. I found out there were skins for each faction so I thought why not? (In my own personal game they are recruitable too, I'll also upload the file to let you do that too)
    -Special Hangunners, like Witch Hunters and such, have platoon firing, but with their small unit sizes it makes sense. Still useful though!
    -Almost all heavy cav have armor piercing (we'll just say AP from now on lol) now. Makes them more deadly and similar in feel to Stainless Steel's cav (note: I did this for other factions' heavy cav too)
    -Adjusted damage stats on Handgunners to actually make them useful in combat. Finally they can get a few kills before the enemy closes in. Also lowered some units' numbers to make up for their increased damage.
    -Almost all ranged units can lay down stakes.
    -Gave almost all Spearmen Spear Wall instead of Shield Wall. Makes them more useful and you'll feel more at ease trusting your cities' defense to them. Ostland Spearmen glitch should be fixed as they can no longer spear wall since it was causing glitches and probably crashing.
    -Adjusted almost all of the Halberdier units' stats to give them a niche. For example: Averland Halberdiers have increased armor, but lowered defense, while Helhunten's Redeemers have higher damage, but lower armor, acting similar to a Forlorn Hope.
    -I really like Halberdiers I'm sorry.

Beastmen
    -Increased all of their numbers! Hooray! More of them to kill! They definitely pose more of a challenge than they used to.
    -Lowered Minotaur stats across the board. Still can wipe out a unit with ease, but will still die a lot easier than vanilla (Did the same with all Monstrous Creatures like them)

Chaos
    -Tried to give some variety and adjusted the different Chaos God Marauders to have traits based on their god, Khornate Marauders have highest damage, Slaanesh are hardest to hit, Nurgle can tank, and Tzeentch are fast.
    -Did the same to other high ranking chaos units to give them a bit more of a niche.

Orks
    -More of them per unit!
    -Not only that, but their cost has been reduced. More WAAAGH for those that like them and more to kill for those that don't

Dwarves
    -Thunderers are hands down the best Handgunners in the game. Not only are they really tough, but their shots can now pass through enemies and hit others behind them! Have the smallest unit size.
    -Other than that, Dwarves are pretty awesome as they are.

Spookies
    -Increased unit size on all Skellingtons, but lowered cost, attack and defense stats across the board a little bit.
    -Did the exact opposite for Wraiths, Vampires and the like. Blood Dragons are even scarier in single combat, but their reduced size balances them somewhat.

Didn't really touch Elves, DEldar, Goblins or Chaos Dorfs, but I may in the future.

Continue to post any comments, questions, and criticism you may have, and I hope you enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TheAlbinoWookiee; December 30, 2018 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Updating

Default Re: For those looking for units to be kinda sorta more balanced... Here ya go! My personal hotfix!

Cool man, glad to see you getting into modding!

Thanks man!
    Last edited by TheAlbinoWookiee; September 16, 2013 at 07:18 PM.

Default Re: AlbinoWookiee's Unit Stats Mod

good job

"I just found out how to change weapon preferability."

How?

Well let's take a look at a line from the export_descr_unit file.
    This line is from the stats for Stirland's Scarlet Guard:

stat_pri 8, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr short_pike, ap
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr no

The bold 1 at the end of each line is the weapon preferability. When a unit has two weapons these decide which weapon the unit prefers to pull out in a fight (obviously anyway lol). Now The problem with Pikemen in vanilla Med2 is that they pull out their secondary weapon too quickly. Which is why they are kinda useless.
    Now I think anyway, after looking at the export_descr_unit file from Baal's Kickstart Mod (highly recommend it, lot's of good fun, I especially like how he brought back the original mini map) I noticed that he has the number 0.001 on the primary weapon's preferability.
    I also know he incorporated Valiant Champion's Improved Pikes Mod, which leads me to believe that a lower number for preferability means that the unit will prefer that weapon more. I still have some tests to do before I can confirm it though.

Update. I don't know how to manipulate weapon preferability.

Is there a download link missing here?

Well , where the hell'd it go?
    Oh well, uno momento lol

Cheers

Senator

what is this platoon firing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    what is this platoon firing?
    Every model in the unit fires their weapons at once. Gives them ridiculous amounts of firepower per volley since the first line doesn't need to kneel for the second line to fire. Also they have faster fire rates as well. Obviously only did it for units with low numbers to at least keep them Balanced(ish) in comparison to other handgunner units.
    If you want to know how to do it visit here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-aid)-Tutorial

Senator

thank you.

No problem m8!

Hi, is this good with Rage of dark Gods?

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Manteuffel View Post
    Hi, is this good with Rage of dark Gods?
    Call of Warhammer and Rage of Dark Gods is the same mod just different names. So yes lol.

Default Re: Unit Stats Rebalanced

You need to change ostland spermen atributes. They can not have phalanx, it makes game to crash

Hey bud he's right Ostland spears with spear wall crashes the game. Please fix cause this is a great little sub-mod...

Hey bro any plans on fixing the spear wall problem???

This crashes the game on start-up for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast