Thread: Problems installing

Icon9 Problems installing

Hi all,<br><br>I hope this isn't a dumb question!<br><br>I just DLed DTW 1.20, wanting to dive right on in! Unfortunately I'm getting an error message trying to install. It says:<br><br>"Your version of Barbarian Invasion appears to be incorrect. This mod requires RTW-BI patched to 1.6. Click OK to Continue anyway."<br><br>Fact is, I have BI 1.6 (and ALX 1.9) fully installed (I have the DVD edition of RTW which included vanilla RTW, BI and ALX all on 3 DVDs) and I checked my version of BI earlier - 1.6.<br><br>Oddly enough, having tried to run the BI 1.6 patch, it says it can't find the BI EXE, even though it's right there in the folder.. odd.<br><br>So my question is twofold: why am I getting this message, and will there be any problems if I install and play DTW anyway?

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Default Re: Problems installing

DTW determines the correct version by checking the game .pack files. If the md5 check-sum doesn't match, then it's not a supported version.

I'm not sure what might be the issue here though. Perhaps the DVD version has modified .pack files, making them incompatible with DTW?

Maybe so? Thanks, I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Just choose "Continue anyway". I am always installing mods like this and never have any problems.