Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Westeros Total War- New Alpha Test (WIP: Submodders needed)

Default Westeros Total War- New Alpha Test (WIP: Submodders needed)

Hello All.

over the past few days I have been enhancing the current map you are all using for the current alpha version.
    just to note however to say this enhancement will be on the same scale as you are familiar with and the same number of regions however the map will look much more nicer and elegant.
    there are also a few fun stuff I added like navigable rivers and strategic mountain/river passes.
    some of the 2D stuff like strat banners, colors and etc are being introduced as well.
    needless to say this will completely revamp the campaign map you have come to known until now.

since I am doing all this work for the map I believe it is a good opportunity for us to test the economy and battle balance now instead of post 1.0 completion.
    also since the current team is now working hard on the 1.0 release I will be counting on the submodders here to help me with some of the stuff.

I require a team of people who are familiar with the current alpha text files and can help me clean all the unnecessary codes, make new characters, armies, descr_strat, EDU, EDB and etc...
    I also require someone familiar with coding in units and a minimum understanding of photoshop/Gimp, I have prepared workshop files that will facilitate making rosters for all of the factions in a matter of a few hours (modelling or original skins NOT required).

The Beta is here ladies and gentlemen.
    you only need to help build it.
    I am certainly capable of doing everything but because of RL I only have time for the mapping.
    I will post pictures of the new Beta Map later today. cheers!
    Last edited by Toho; June 30, 2013 at 11:56 AM.

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Westeros Total War- Beta Test (WIP: Submodders needed)

I'd be happy to help in some capacity. After Fire and Blood I am basically a jack-of-all-trades.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

This. Is. Awesome

I can't believe we can finally play with the 1.0 map

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    I'd be happy to help in some capacity. After Fire and Blood I am basically a jack-of-all-trades.
    Second that! Vacation starts on monday and I will be happy to give something back to the WTW-Team.
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    This. Is. Awesome

I can't believe we can finally play with the 1.0 map
    this is not the 1.0 map.

but since I made it... it might look like it.

those interested in joining PM me your steam account/user names and the what kind of skills/previous experience you might have.
    I will send you an invite through steam.

gangstamaori's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Westeros Total War- New Alpha Test (WIP: Submodders needed)

Hm, I only have minor modding experience. I can create new armies and characters, and all the different types of texts. I cannot create brand new units and pictures etc. I can really only work with what is already there.

"The disgraced and the disinherited. This is my army. This is our best hope."

here is a little teaser on what is to come.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

So this would be what,? WTW version 0.9?

And I have little to no experience modding but I'm more than willing to learn I'm in vacation so I have plenty of time.

Ask Inarus, I'm pretty good at helping

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    here is a little teaser on what is to come.

Wow Toho. That looks great ^^
    Much like 1.0 actually. Is that the 1.0 UI? the Arryn symbol is different then 0.53

Anyway... some suggestions:

Add to the game some of the 1.0 units so the the units aren't just like Medieval II Vanilla
    If you are not willing to do that as you want the 1.0 release to be big then update the skins of the units with Prophet's awesome New Skins submod and use the Enhanced unit models. Would be nice if you also use the Portrait submod

Oh and if it is in any way possible.... Can you enlarge the map so we can fit more settlements? I mean, I love Badger's concept of adding new settlements but they are just too crowded together, if you enlarge the map and add to the game Badger's settlements (minus some which I find highly un-neccecery, that means deleting all of the Cracklaw Point settlements except 2 and deleting some irelevent settlements like Oldstones) that would make the game a whole lot better. Maybe even not Badger's settlements but the settlements on 1.0, that would be even better

Can you maybe disable the block on building catapult ranges, and perhaps even enlarge settlemets if you reach the population level recuired? I liked that option in KORAH

Will you be willing to use Inarus's castles models for like Dragonstone, SE, the Rock, Pyke, Highgarden, the Eyrie, Winterfell, Harenhall, Riverrun and add the battle model for the Moat and the Marshlands?

Would you use a strat model for every minor house? I mean, if the general is Mallister for example have a Mallister strat model. Even not for all minor houses but just for the important ones

Will you enlarge the map to the 1.0 dimensions, so that it also includes the wall and the lands of always winter? That cpuld be nice, and you could then make 2 new factions
    Last edited by Uriyaca; July 01, 2013 at 04:41 AM.

Great work with the map Toho !! I love the design and hope that your work will go now even faster so close to the goal . And if you really require modders, I could maybe be of some use, I only started modding a month ago, yet I am able to create armys, named characters... and have some little experience with photoshop. So if you would have me you can contact me on Steam at Phipsovic.

Looks awesome Toho.

I'd offer to help, but i don't know how much help i would really be as my modding "experience" is limited to Characters, Traits, Ancillaries, Portraits, Text files etc. I also barely have any time to work on my War of Conquest project as it is, but if you want a Map Preview to show off your work let me know, my subs would have a field day with it and would not take me 30sec to do, 10min max if i did it truly epic.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Uri, I think you should re-read the purpose of this map. As I understood it is same dimensions as the official 1.0 but without the new textures, strat map models etc. The mountains are in the same place so we can test movement between settlements, chokepoints and such.

Many of the settlements in FaB are not confirmed in the lands o ice and fire map package, likely that is why they will not be in 1.0.

corect me if im wrong toho
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

@uriyaca

We don`t want to release the mod piece-meal or something akin to that; This here is merely meant to be a treat and an test for the economy etc. Consider it to be a submod without the 1.0 Units and stuff, but with the 1.0 balancing and a neat map.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    @uriyaca

We don`t want to release the mod piece-meal or something akin to that; This here is merely meant to be a treat and an test for the economy etc. Consider it to be a submod without the 1.0 Units and stuff, but with the 1.0 balancing and a neat map.
    Oh OK, thats nice too

please PM with your past experience and more importantly your steam user name if you don't have one please get it (its free).
    I also need some people who know some basic photoshop skills (like moving an image, rotate it, save, etc). you also need to know how to convert your dds file to a texture.
    Inarus and I have prepared everything. you just got to put them all together and code them in.
    Last edited by Toho; July 01, 2013 at 09:45 AM.

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

And contrary to the belief that "I can't do that", all of that can be learnt in the Medieval II modding workshop, where we modders learnt our skills

Are you guys still working on this map? I sent a PM to Toho but haven't received an answer yet

Quote Originally Posted by guiguy98 View Post
    Are you guys still working on this map? I sent a PM to Toho but haven't received an answer yet
    sorry most text work is already being taken care of.
    I need people that can do skinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    sorry most text work is already being taken care of.
    I need people that can do skinning.
    oh,sorry can't help with that,it's the one thing i can't

when this is going to be released?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast