Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [HS]There is only one King

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

Default [HS]There is only one King

There is only one King
    Fire and Blood 0.8

This will be my last hotseat for quite some time because I am already in enough of them, however I could not resist to make one using my own small modding project which can be found here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-and-Blood-0-8. So all you need is Badger's 0.8 version of Fire and Blood submod which can be found here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-05-13-Release and you can already participate in this game. There will be no limitation of who can join but you should have at least some basic knowledge of hotseating so that our game will run smoothly.
    Another condition to join this game would be that you have enough time to play your turn in 24 hours because we do not wish to be skipping and subbing all the time.

To speed up gameplay, we will be using 'Composite' Factions which means that one player will play as multiple factions with the exception of Stannis and Arryn. The game will be set up so that turns can be played straight. Diplomacy and RP are highly desirable.

Factions;

Rules;

• There are some empty settlements as I wasn't be able to fill them with troops. Enemy forces are not allowed to take them in their first turn while their owners - Tully and Renly should fill them as quickly as they can.
    • You have 24 turns to take your turn, if you don't ask for an extension or don't have appointed a personal sub you will be skipped.
    • It is not allowed to abuse bugs to your or anyones advantage.
    • You are not allowed to encircle a character, just to deny its retreat - This applies to all character types including diplomats, princesses
    • All buildings except baracks can be destroyed in castles, none in cities.
    • Destroying buildings is not allowed in a settlement under siege.
    • Only two forts per region allowed. The minimum number of men in the fort must be equal or greater then 400 men. Cavalry Units/Generals Count as double.
    • You are not allowed to attack a besieging army just to deny the enemy of sacking the settlement.
    • You have to VM/PM the next player after you upload your save.
    • Posting pictures of battle odds, and results is mandatory. You do not have to post the pics if the person you fought against in the battle does not demand pics. All pics must show the attacking and deffending forces. You are advised to delete your finance and minimap
    • The recruitments of spies\assasins and their use is prohibited
    • Armies defeated cannot move next turn Exception: Reinforcing armies in fortification, even if defeated, don't lose movement points. So player 'a' should be allowed to move the army that reinforced another while in a fort and was defeated by 'b'.
      Addendum to the same rule: no sallying out of a fort\castle which has forces which were defeated last turn. This is to make it fair for those who come last at the turn order, because they will not be able to do this
    • No sailing from a blockaded port without first defeating the blockade (land or sea units alike).
    • It is not allowed to accept money or regions from dying/obliterated factions.
    • It is not allowed use a princess to steal a general, unless there is more then 35% of success. (pics must be posted)
    • Settlements gifted should disband all units, except for one to keep public order.
    • One turn peace for everybody.
    • The recruitment of siege equipments (Ballista, Catapults, etc.) and their use is prohibited.
    • Armies which are stationed on a ship in port purely for the purpose of 'hiding' from enemy land forces will not be allowed to attack on the turn they are disembarked. (This only applies when it is essentially bug abuse
    • It is illegal to burn down ports. If your port is blockaded and there are ships inside that port, if you burn down the port the ship is not allowed to move that turn.
    • The admin's decision's need to be respected. Arguing with the admin is not allowed, and if you refuse to respect the admin's ruling you will be kicked out from the Hotseat
    • No giving land or money to dying factions
    • Crossing the Wall is not allowed in this hotseat unless you have successfully besieged and taken a castle along the wall.
    • No blockading an army/settlement/port on turn 1. Nor can you surround a port/settlement/army to deny all avenues of movement..
    • No forting inside enemies land on turn 1
    • No violating another's borders on turn 1 - no armies can end their turn in another's land; exception: Gregor Clegane cannot be attacked by Tully despite he is placed in their land. This is because Tully's turn is before Lannister's and they cannot move him before that.
    Last edited by Matto16; July 08, 2013 at 11:41 PM.
    TATW HS Community Award

Default Re: [HS]There is only one King

Stannis

Cant help to comment on your... lack of time tho
    Last edited by Mithridate; June 30, 2013 at 11:24 AM.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Lannister + Robert
    Last edited by Dr Mac; June 30, 2013 at 12:05 PM.

Hightower + Redwyne

King Renly + Tyrell!

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Can I recommend prefferable different factions per player setting?

1) Stark, Bolton, Darry, Frey and Tully (at the begginning of the WOFK Bolton and Frey still don't have any reason why to betray Stark. So this is basically Robb supporters)
    2) Renly, Tyrell, Redwyne and Hightower (basically Renly supporters)
    3) Martell and Yronwood (Dornish)
    4) Joffrey and Lannister (King Joffrey loyalists)
    5) Stannis and NW (After all, Stannis does help out the NW against the wildlings, so basically if he loses at the south he can just sail north and unite with the rest of his forces)
    5) Free Folk (they are all alone )
    6) Arryn (no reason why this faction would be joint with any other one)
    7) Greyjoy (same here)

Stannis + NW makes sense.

Stark, Bolton, Darry, Frey + Tully would be OP.

Same thing with Renly, Tyrell, Redwyne + Hightower

Dornish goes.

Joffrey's combination goes too.

Free folk + Greyjoy work (to invade the realm of the greenmen/kneelers)

Arryn are good on their own.

Freefolk/Greyjoy for me
    Last edited by invicta; June 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

then I guess you can split it to Stark/Bolton and Tully/Darry/Frey then, if its too OP. not that it matters too much, it just needs to be good Role Wise

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Just a few things: Replace Joffrey with Robert and what about Targaryen?

Edit: I also think it a bit strange that Robert is allied with Tywin, only due to the fact that he is married to Cersei? Surely Lannisters should be solo and the Baratheons should be their own faction (albeit an OP one).

Edit2: In fact the factions all seem based on TWOFK despite the scenario being an alternate setting, so I'm rather confused haha
    Last edited by Dr Mac; June 30, 2013 at 12:07 PM.

Its a submod of a submod. The War of the Five King campaign for Fire and Blood 0.8

As I pointed out we will be using my submod which replace Targaryen invasion with War of the Five Kings Era.

Stannis + NW combination is very good but I don't like idea with Stark/ Bolton and Tully/Darry/Frey, because small factions should be separate as they could always "turn" on their great houses and make things even more interesting. Also for balancing things I propose the following one;

Stark/Tully
    Bolton/Frey/Darry
    TATW HS Community Award

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by the duke dude View Post
    Its a submod of a submod. The War of the Five King campaign for Fire and Blood 0.8
    Ahh apologies, need to read subprint in future. I shall take a look

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Matto16 View Post
    As I pointed out we will be using my submod which replace Targaryen invasion with War of the Five Kings Era.

Stannis + NW combination is very good but I don't like idea with Stark/ Bolton and Tully/Darry/Frey, because small factions should be separate as they could always "turn" on their great houses and make things even more interesting. Also for balancing things I propose the following one;

Stark/Tully
    Bolton/Frey/Darry
    But..... Frey would have no reason at this time being to betray Stark, but being that he is trapped between the north and the Riverlands he will have to attack them. Robb Stark is engaged to one of his daughters at the moment. Their relation is very strong

And Bolton would have no reason to doubt Robb, being that the Ironborn didn't take the north yet and that the battle of the Greenfork isn't lost yet

They would actually be honored and loyal at the moment, that is why they should be allied with their overlords and not fighting them

Also it would be very annoying for Stark to open a northern front against Bolton, dedicating his men against Roose instead of against the Lannisters

Of course they should be allied with their overlords, I am not saying that they will betray them.

What I am trying to say is that it is more interesting that way as Stark and Tully can never know what awaits them, they will have to properly reward their lesser houses and be successful in war to keep them on their side and it will be also interesting for other houses such as Lannisters who could try to persuade Frey or Bolton to join them.

I am not saying that there will be betrayal at all, that is just one option which wouldn't exist if Stark control Bolton and Tully Frey.
    TATW HS Community Award

Can I take House Arryn?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Matto16 View Post
    Of course they should be allied with their overlords, I am not saying that they will betray them.

What I am trying to say is that it is more interesting that way as Stark and Tully can never know what awaits them, they will have to properly reward their lesser houses and be successful in war to keep them on their side and it will be also interesting for other houses such as Lannisters who could try to persuade Frey or Bolton to join them.

I am not saying that there will be betrayal at all, that is just one option which wouldn't exist if Stark control Bolton and Tully Frey.
    Exactly, it isn't realistic....
    Bolton has no border other then Stark. Where can he expand other then attacking Stark? he can keep marching with Stark and doing as he says, but that way he can gain no land. And lands that he does conquer are far away from his capital, as such make much less money then they should

I think that this will cause problems play-wise. It would be simply annoying

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

Bollocks. I was just about to take Arryn. Hmm I supposed Stark King will have to be it. Bring it on Lannister!

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

eh, **** it i'll be martell and yroonwood.

Great, now we need only admin and we can start. It would be nice if there will be one so that I can send him modified descr_strat.
    TATW HS Community Award

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast