Thread: Resource: How TATW Generals Gain Dread/ Chivalry in Battle

Mank's Avatar Dormouse of Hader

Default Resource: How TATW Generals Gain Dread/ Chivalry in Battle

Greetings!

If you have ever wondered exactly how Dread and Chivalry are added to your generals after battle then look no further! Here I will provide every major battle Dread and Chivalry trigger in TATW so that you know once and for all how to create the type of general you want.

-- The "Orc" prerequisite includes the factions: Mordor, Isengard, OotMM, and Gundabad

-- The * at the end of some entries indicates that your general must have actually fought in the battle for this trigger to apply

Battle Dread & Battle Chivalry

Dread

-Orc general assaults another enemy general: 5% chance to gain 1 dread
    -Orc general kills 15 or more units in a battle: 30% chance to gain 1 dread*
    -Orc general wins a battle when the odds were in his favor AND kills 50% or more of the weaker army: 70% chance to gain 1 dread
    -Orc general wins a Heroic Victory against a more powerful force AND kills 70% or more of the opposing army: 100% chance to gain 2 dread*

-If any "good" faction general fights another "good" general: 10% chance to gain 1 dread

-Human general wins a battle against another human faction when the odds were in his favor AND kills 50% or more of the weaker army: 70% chance to gain 1 dread
    -Human general wins a Heroic Victory against a more powerful human force AND kills 70% or more of the opposing army: 100% chance to gain 2 dread*

Chivalry

-Gondor general kills 15 or more units in battle: 20% chance to gain 1 chivalry

-Good general wins a battle when the odds were slightly against him: 25% chance to gain 1 chivalry*
    -Good general wins a heroic victory when the odds were greatly against him: 66% chance to gain 1 chivalry*
    -Good general wins an average or greater victory and doesn't kill/capture more than 66% of the enemy army: 33% chance to gain 1 chivalry

Captor Dread & Captor Chivalry

Dread

-If there are 50-150 prisoners and you execute them: 50% chance to gain 1 dread
    -If there are more than 150 prisoners and you execute them: 80% chance to gain 1 dread

-If you exterminate a settlement after conquering it: 50% chance to gain 1 dread

Chivalry

-If there are 50-150 prisoners and you release them: 50% chance to gain 1 chivalry
    -If there are more than 150 prisoners and you release them: 80% chance to gain 1 chivalry

-If you occupy a settlement after conquering it: 50% chance to gain 1 chivalry

Ransom Chivalry

Chivalry

-If you lose a battle and have 50-150 prisoners held at ransom and you pay for them: 40% chance to gain 1 chivalry
    -If you lose a battle and have more than 150 prisoners held at ransom and you pay for them: 70% chance to gain 1 chivalry

** This only applies to the original TATW v3.2 and might not be accurate for versions with added sub-mods **
    Last edited by Mank; July 02, 2013 at 10:18 AM.

Default Re: Resource: How TATW Generals Gain Dread/ Chivalry in Battle

wow, that's interesting. I really didn't know anything about how this "magical", hidden system actually works. Are you sure on the ransom thing though? It seems odd to me that you actually get such a small bonus from releasing the enemies compared to ransoming them. Only a ten percentage points bonus from releasing over ransoming, which comes at such a high cost (all the money you don't get, or the military strength that you have to fight again). This makes releasing appear to be practically useless, even for chivalry-oriented leaders.

Glad you liked it!

I was also pretty shocked at that one too, but yes its accurate. How it stands at the moment it really does makes it look like ransom is the best overall option for chivalry-minded generals.

Yeah I'm very skeptical about the ransom part. I play with MOS and I ransom 99% of the time and I've never gotten CaptorChivalry through ransoming. Or do you gain BattleChivalry through ransoming?
    In it for the rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizad View Post
    Or do you gain BattleChivalry through ransoming?
    It increases the "Ransom Chivalry" trait line.

For the skeptics among you, here's the code for the ransom chivalry

**Note, I belive this only fires IF the enemy army actually pays the ransom

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger prisoners_pay1
        WhenToTest GeneralPrisonersRansomedCaptive

Condition RansomType ransom
              and NumCapturedSoldiers > 50
              and NumCapturedSoldiers < 151

Affects RansomChivalry  1  Chance  40 

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger prisoners_pay2
        WhenToTest GeneralPrisonersRansomedCaptive

Condition RansomType ransom
              and NumCapturedSoldiers > 150

Affects RansomChivalry  1  Chance  70

From Salisians guide:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Noble Commander (RansomChivalry 1)- +1 Chivalry, gained after 1 point of RansomChivalry
    Honourable Commander (RansomChivalry 2)- +2 Chivalry, +1 Troop Morale, upgrade after 2 points of RansomChivalry
    Caring Commander (RansomChivalry 3)- +3 Chivalry, +2 Troop Morale, upgrade after 3 points of RansomChivalry
    Merciful Commander (RansomChivalry 4)- +4 Chivalry, +3 Troop Morale, epithet "the Merciful", upgrade after 4 points of RansomChivalry

RansomChivalry has RansomDread as an antitrait. A general gains a point of RansomChivalry whenever he pays a ransom greater than 1000 for more than 80 soldiers.

Could it be that RansomChivalry is actually when you pay for prisoners?
    In it for the rep.

Ah I imagine that's it. Good clarification and I'll be sure to add that into the above resource.

Thanks for helping to iron that out!