Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official ICENI praising thread :)

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Official ICENI praising thread :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post
    That video gave me cancer...
    Then watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoVRUUqNqkE

Spartacus, u traitor..! Mediteranian factions do kick more butt, thats a fact, not to menition uhm,...
    Parthia

Mamertine's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by DogSoldierSPQR View Post
    Nope, your comment is not accurate.
    Yes it is. Are you claiming people on these forums don't say what I wrote about the Iceni?

If Paulinus's legion was defeated, that would've have been the end of Roman occupation in Britain. Forget the picts, they didn't burn down any cities, they didn't massacre Roman civilians and families and burn down the capital, the Iceni did.
    And if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle. There were dozens of revolts against Rome and countless civilians massacred on both sides. The Iceni were just another tribe that failed and are famous for doing so. The only people that really know about Boudicca are the British and Americans. Most other countries never heard of the Iceni or Boudicca. The Iceni never successfully held off Rome, brought about any reforms, or even held out for that long, tbh. If Boudicca was a man, the Iceni would be a footnote in the history books.

The picts were resisting and it was hard to get to them in their highland areas, but no way in hell did they have an impact on the Romans like the Iceni did.
    There is no way in hell? The Iceni were slaughtered after ambushing a legion or two by huge numbers and killing civilians. The Picts were one of the few tribes to ever halt Roman expansion. Good argument.

Fanboy? You do know there is SPQR in my name...and we are talking about the Iceni?
    If I was going by your avatar I would also come to a completely different conclusion. I am basing that on your words (not your name or avatar) and actions by you being overly defensive and sensitive to a question I answered. Even your tone right now is coming off as hostile.

@Serkelet Selucids are irrelevant in this conversation.
    Seleucids in this instance are relevant since you used the Iceni (Britain) being in Rome 1 as a valid point for including them in Rome 2. Serkelet simply countered using the same reason you did.
    When Hiero returned to besiege their base (Messana) in 265 BC the Mamertines called for help from a nearby fleet from Carthage, which occupied the harbor of Messana. Seeing this, the Syracuse forces retired, not wishing to confront Carthaginian forces. Uncomfortable under the Cathaginian "protection," the Mamertines now appealed to Rome to be allowed into the protection of the Roman people. At first, the Romans did not wish to come to the aid of soldiers who had unjustly stolen a city from its rightful possessors. However, unwilling to see Carthaginian power spread further over Sicily and get too close to Italy, Rome responded by entering into an alliance with the Mamertines. In response, Syracuse allied itself with Carthage, imploring their protection. With Rome and Carthage brought into conflict, the Syracuse/Mamertine conflict escalated into the First Punic War.

I say the Iceni will be awesome. We'll take what we know:

1) They can burn buildings. Therefore, they should have the passive ability to simply burn everything around them during a siege. Imagine a unit of Iceni Swordaxeslingerbowchariotmen walking down a wide Roman road, like badasses, as the buildings around them ignite and explode. And they don't even flinch. Awesome.

2) To balance this overpowered trait, however, they have -100% combat efficiency when they're fighting in any type of valley, gorge, or near a highway. Bad memories and all that.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Praevanid View Post
    walking down a wide Roman road, like badasses, as the buildings around them ignite and explode. And they don't even flinch.
    That's hot.

biohazardcake's Avatar Tiro

I think they add variety and a interesting unit roster so they might of been brought in for the multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamertine View Post
    Because the Iceni was a small and insignificant tribe at the time of the game and was only relevant hundreds of years later but CA decided to put them in as a British faction because they are a British company and/or people have heard of Queen Boudicca. I could go into more detail, but that is the gist. Because of these reasons many here consider them a fake faction or are in for marketing reasons. The same argument has also been made about the Suebi for largely the same reasons (with the exception of CA not also being a German company) only replace Boudicca with Teutoberg.
    Hey Mamertine We should 1v1 in MP Campaign I'll play Iceni you can be whoever and just like Loenidas I'll share some good Iceni culture with you

[CONTENTBOX][/CONTENTBOX]

Troll Face

Intel i5 3570K (4.2Ghz @ 1.215v); ASUS Z87 Gryphon; 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro; GTX 780; Corsair AX760i; Noctua NH-U12S; Samsung 840 Pro 256GB; WD Black 1TB; Windows 7

The Great Montrose's Avatar Senator

There is no way in hell? The Iceni were slaughtered after ambushing a legion or two by huge numbers and killing civilians. The Picts were one of the few tribes to ever halt Roman expansion. Good argument.

Should really refer to them as the caledonii or caledonian confederation but that doesnt really matter. In AD 180 they took part in an invasion of Britannia, breached Hadrian's Wall and were not brought under control for several years and the Romans were eventually forced to sign peace treaites with them. Cassius Dio also records that the Caledonians inflicted 50,000 Roman casualties due to attrition and unconventional tactics such as guerrilla warfare.

I'd say they were a big deal, probably more important than the Iceni.
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post
    That video gave me cancer...
    Skin cancer?

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Cvetko View Post
    Then watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoVRUUqNqkE

Spartacus, u traitor..! Mediteranian factions do kick more butt, thats a fact, not to menition uhm,...
    Parthia
    This guy is a lovable fruitcake
    Thanks for the rep earlier

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Praevanid View Post
    I say the Iceni will be awesome. We'll take what we know:

1) They can burn buildings. Therefore, they should have the passive ability to simply burn everything around them during a siege. Imagine a unit of Iceni Swordaxeslingerbowchariotmen walking down a wide Roman road, like badasses, as the buildings around them ignite and explode. And they don't even flinch. Awesome.

2) To balance this overpowered trait, however, they have -100% combat efficiency when they're fighting in any type of valley, gorge, or near a highway. Bad memories and all that.
    Amen to that, we call it balance bro only through balance can they WUB Pontos, Macedon, Sparta, Athens, Epirus, Egypt and Seleucids, only thru balance

Semisalis

If CA added the Iceni because they're both British, why not add an American faction because I'm American?

Utter BS, I'll not be buying the game because of this.

"Utter BS, I'll not be buying the game because of this."

Yes, you will.

Iceni differ from other barbaric tribes by having chariots and many good light infantry and skirmichers. + an interesting starting location which may interest a good number of players. It just plays differently and belongs in this game.

During Caesar's invasion of Britain, the Britons were able to muster 2000-4000 chariots. This was a huge force, equal to the Egyptian chariot corp in the battle of Kadesh. That alone attested how powerful the Britons were. I don't know why people tend to think Briton was a fodder faction.

Quote Originally Posted by RGA View Post
    During Caesar's invasion of Britain, the Britons were able to muster 2000-4000 chariots. This was a huge force, equal to the Egyptian chariot corp in the battle of Kadesh. That alone attested how powerful the Britons were. I don't know why people tend to think Briton was a fodder faction.
    True, and that was only one a few British tribes in what is now the south of England under a "confederacy" led by Cassivellaunus.

Akrotatos's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by RGA View Post
    According to Ceasar that is.....
    Gems of TWC:

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    News flash but groups like al-Qaeda or Taliban are not Islamist.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cvetko View Post

So ICENI, no kidding, kid; 6. Iceni are a good choice for an in game faction, among all barbarian factions I think Im gonna preffer the Iceni most of all, because they have a good island setting, 7. CELTIC CHARIOTS, and ofcourse a mild blue colour code just as blue as Kim Kardashiens beutifull eyes

And, they are close to 1. stonehenge, have 2. Boudica, 3. a woman as their special character, so... Probably 4. nice ships too, 5. britania rooles the wawes and all that, 6. so they are a perfect choice by CA for an unique barberien faction.
    1. Not interested
    2. So?
    3. Wee feminists in antiquity, how intriguing!
    4. They will be able to swim or row in small boats, nothing major.
    5. Not at this time they don't
    6. No, they aren't
    7. Chariots were awful in RTW and I doubt they will be much better in R2.

There is no point in arguing among ourselves people.Peace.Just relax and watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ega3dbE6b08

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jsully16 View Post
    If CA added the Iceni because they're both British, why not add an American faction because I'm American?

Utter BS, I'll not be buying the game because of this.
    What?

in as a British faction because they are a British company and/or people have heard of Queen Boudicca. I could go into more detail, but that is the gist. Because of these reasons many here consider them a fake faction or are in for marketing reasons. The same argument has also been made about the Suebi for largely the same reasons (with the exception of CA not also being a German company) only replace Boudicca with Teutoberg.
    That's BS and you know it.

Factions from Rome I: Britons, Germanics, Romans, Carthage, etc...
    The Iceni are the replacement for the Rome I Britons as much as The Suebi are the replacement for the Germanics of Rome I. Arverni are the Gauls, The three Greek City States the Greek faction from Rome I.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Quote Originally Posted by bdd458 View Post
    ...The three Greek City States the Greek faction from Rome I.
    The playable Hellenic city-states so far are four,not three.Epirus,Macedon,Athens and Sparta.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast