Thread: Questions about modding RTW:alexander and this mod

Default Questions about modding RTW:alexander and this mod

I've been playing "alexander reborn" 1.1 by Barbarossa82. I think this is an old mod but it worked fine and was so much better than the original vanilla game. Loved it.

Stupid Question- but is Megas Alexandros a different mod to the above?

Can you play as persia, india, greek cities or barbarians?

I've tried many times to mod the game in small ways myself, but it is too complicated and I don't have the patience. Respect to all the people who make these great mods, must take a lot of work. I can just about tweak building effects, but creating new units etc I can't do without problems.

E.g. I want persia to be able to recruit elephant units. I've tried every which way, and the closest I got was giving them Indian Elephants, but these looked a bit out of place with the Indian crew skins. Also the unit card always appeared as a rebel peasant. No ideas... I think I try this mod if it is different from Alexander Reborn.

111289's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Questions about modding RTW:alexander and this mod

exactly how did you get the mod because when I try to download it it says file not found if you could help me that would be much appreciated. now back on topic if you want the elephants without the indian decorations try a skin mod I remember them not being that hard to do if you have the right tools.