Thread: Inaccessible zones.

Default Inaccessible zones.

Hello.
    This is about Siwa's oasis, and Buraidah, I know questions been asked before about it, but the thing is, can I edit the game text files to allow me to enter the desert?
    I'm kind of OCD, and a huge hole in the middle of my Empire isn't really nice. :I
    Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Inaccessible zones.

....\Medieval II Total War\mods\whateveryourmodfolderiscalled\data\world\maps\base

You want to edit the map_ground_types.tga You'll need gimp/PS.

It's important that you DO NOT CHANGE ANY OF THE COLORS(expect with those already on the map(CTD if you do)! Find the area you want to access and replace it with a color you know will be accessible. Each color represents a ground texture so if it is desert are you are making accessible you should replace it with another dessert texture or it will look weird, a big long path of grass throught the desert lol.

I think the area you are talking about will be a little trickier to make it look nic. The inaccessible is the Grey and black I think is the same texture just accessible.

Good Luck!

Awesome, I'll give it a shot, thanks a lot. :3

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

It is accessible actually. I did it once.

All you have to do is patiently find your way bit by bit. Will take time but will pay-off. And if you are concerned finding the way again, simply build watchtowers along the way.

So, uh, I did this, and still doesn't work, also I did export and save it.
    What am I doing wrong, here?

Sorry, I couldn't tell how to edit the last post, here.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

You have to remove map.rwm file. The game will recreate it with the changes made by you.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Can you elaborate further, please? I'm not very good with computers.

So I removed the rmw file, and the area's accessible, now, but there's purple lines everywhere, I've done exactly how you suggested, I used a tool to copy the black area then used a brush to cover the grey one.http://i.imgur.com/4qczLCO.pngThis is the map right now.Although I couldn't screencap the game, I took a picture from my phone, here's the link.http://imgur.com/cD7HGjg