Thread: How complete is beta?

Default How complete is beta?

How much of the mod wil be completed in this beta?

I only ask because it seems that most areas have been sorted. You have a beautiful map and it seems most of the units are already in, the unit cards look really good in todays faction preview and I read somewhere that most of the bugs have been dealt with.

Is there anything big you still have to work on or is it mostly just superficial tinkering before a final release?

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

Default Re: How complete is beta?

Well, this won't be a beta, thought there may be some bugs (current version is stable, but last minutes changes without enough test may bring things like typo errors, etc). I will make a more official thread later on. Implementing other features is not sure for all of them, it depends of the feedback, team motivation, availability of modelers, etc. But actually we plan:

Revamped units
    Some models and skins are now very old and they would need some tweaking to look better and more realistic.
    This also includes some modifications of related descriptions and cards.

New units
    We actually plan to have more units, like various Frisians and other germanics.

New generals, officers
    Especially one specific general model for each faction, inspired of a legend character, like if have been done with Arthur (Dyfneint), Urien (Rheged) or Gwalchmai (Gododdin), and maybe some officers or new standard bearers.

Celtic Christianism
    As discussed somewhere else, this was planned to be implemented in the first release but because of various issues isn't. So religion will be an aim for a further release.

New sets of traits and ancillaries
    Probably one new set of traits and ancillaries for each culture.

Music pack
    Something that would really be nice is to have new music tracks fitting our background. Probably "folk" music.

Sprites and lower models
    ATW may actually be laggy on lower computers. Sprites have been done but need more testing before beeing enabled.

Otherwise, things like new buildings, new cards, updated descriptions, more scripts, balancing and bug correcting.

And as a side notes, some various things that may look non-finished in the upcoming release:
    - old models and skins
    - missing cards
    - some typos errors
    - issue with gaelic walls (still have eastern look)
    Last edited by Agraes; September 04, 2006 at 05:08 PM.

What size download are we looking at once it's all done and dusted then?

EDIT: Never mind, just realised this has been answered in another thread.
    Last edited by Soggius Chippius; September 01, 2006 at 09:00 PM.

Numahr's Avatar Foederatus

Greek Fire,

Well you bring great the news The level of completion seems quite advanced and really enough for an enjoying experience... This, the nice screenshots and the original timeframe/thema of your mod make me sure I'll test your MOD

Good luck for the final touch