Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Creatures of the Forest

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

Default The Creatures of the Forest

A Wolf stalks a Lion, the Lion attacks the Stag... The Kracken rises while the Sun and Falcon watches them all.
    The forest that is Westeros has erupted into war, who will come out on top?

This is a semi-private hotseat, if we need players I will allow experienced player in.

Admin~ Mithridate

Factions

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

House Lannister~ Matto16
    House Tyrell~ Louis XVI
    House Stark~ The Guy With No Imagination
    House Arryn~ Invicta
    House Greyjoy~ Bcman3
    House Renly~ The Knight of the Rivers
    House Joffrey~ Complete Noob
    House Tully~ xXAmonXx
    House Stannis~ Lord AcidRocker
    House Martell~ Vozd

Rules

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1. You have 24 turns to take your turn, if you don't ask for an extension or don't have appointed a personal sub you will be skipped.
    2. It is not allowed to abuse bugs to your or anyones advantage. These are the known bugs:

• The naval fort bug: No using ships to bypass a fort or a settlements Zone of Control.
    • Spam siege bug: Besieging a fort or a settlement with a force far superior in it, in order to either prevent that army from reinforcing or in order to cut down a settlements income is not allowed.
    • Fort watchtower bug: Constructing watchtowers in order to prevent forting is not allowed. You can construct watchtowers, but you will be asked to replay if it is obvious the reason why the watchtower has been built is to prevent forting
    • Heroic victory bug: No Heroic victories at all. If you get a heroic victory you must reload until you get a different result, and if you cannot get a different result then you will not be allowed to play the battle.
    • Ambush fort bug: No luring men in ambush position into ZoC of forts\settlement's as such robbing them of their movement points.
    • Siege reinforcement bug: when the army is adjacent to a fort or a settlements that has been put under siege it cannot reinforce armies adjacent to him which he should have been able to reinforce on normal occasions. Attacking an army which the siege reinforcements bug applies to is not allowed
    • Navy inside ports attacked bug: no using this bug to attack ships which are inside ports.
    • Yoyo armies\forts bug: no attacking an army which the bug has been used on mutliple times. You can see when this bug accures, as the enemy army enters the fort and then leaves it:Spoiler Alert, click show to read:

3. You are not allowed to encircle an army, just to deny its retreat.
    4. Destroying buildings is not allowed in these 3 situations:

1. If the settlement is under siege
    2. A far superior army is one turn away from the settlement. *exception: if it is turn one it is allowed
    3. You have not yet held that settlement for 3 turns *exception: does not apply on turn 1-3 on home regions

5. You can have 4 forts per region and every fort has to be garrisoned by a minimal of 4 units. The minimum number of men in the fort must be equal or greater then 300 men, Cavalry counts as double (only on Huge settings)
    6. You are not allowed to attack a besieging army just to deny the enemy of sacking the settlement.
    7. You have to VM/PM the next player after you upload your save.
    8. Posting pictures of battle odds, and results is mandatory. You do not have to post the pics if the person you fought against in the battle does not demand pics. All pics must show the attacking and deffending forces. You are advised to delete your finance and minimap
    9. The recruitments of spies\assasins and their use is prohibited
    10. Armies defeated by a player (b) that comes after the original player (a)'s turn cannot move next turn, so if Tyrell defeats a Lannister army that army cannot move next turn. - Exception: Reinforcing armies in fortification, even if defeated, don't lose movement points. So player 'a' should be allowed to move the army that reinforced another while in a fort and was defeated by 'b'.
    Addendum to the same rule: no sallying out of a fort\castle which has forces which were defeated last turn. This is to make it fair for those who come last at the turn order, because they will not be able to do this
    11. No sailing from a blockaded port without first defeating the blockade (land or sea units alike).
    12. It is not allowed to accept money or regions from dying/obliterated factions.
    13. It is not allowed use a princess to steal a general, unless there is more then 35% of success. (pics must be posted)
    14. Settlements gifted should disband all units, except for one to keep public order.
    15. One turn peace for everyone *exception: a faction who is before you in the turn order placed units in your territory. Example: Lannister can't attack Tully in turn 1. Tully can attack Lannister if he placed his troops in his territory.
    An hostile act who breaks the 1 turn peace rule is one of the following:

• Attacking an army\force of another player
    • Blockading a port
    • Besieging a settlement

16. The recruitment of siege equipment and their use is prohibited.
    17. It is illegale to place armies or any kind of land forces (Archers, Infantry, Cavalry) onto ports which are inside ports. This is to prevent players from hiding their men inside the port, where they are untouchable
    18. It is illegale to burn down ports in order to get around rule 11- if your port is blockaded and there are ships inside that port, if you burn down the port the ship is not allowed to move that turn.
    19. In case someone preforms a trick\move which isn't forbidden by the rules that the admin does not like, that action (if it should be allowed or not) goes to a vote and if more then half the players agree then that rule will become valid next turn
    20. The admin's decision's need to be respected. Arguing with the admin is not allowed, and if you refuse to respect the admin's ruling you will be kicked out from the Hotseat
    Last edited by Riverknight; June 25, 2013 at 03:23 PM.

Default Re: The Creatures of the Forest

I would take Arryn if needed
    Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Yup thats perfect!!! Now we just need a stannis the mannis!

Are you going to be invading the stormlands??? :0

Lord AcidRocker's Avatar Senator

Stannis

Great. Get this baby started.

If this starts now I may not be able to play first turn (which is crucial for joff). I joined under the assumption te hotseat would start around a week into July (as the initial pm implied, when I'd be home). If this starts now and my turn comes within the next 5 days, I'd need an extension or just a new player (don't want to have anyone sub me as turn 1 is the only chance to safely set up defenses)

Dang, if not for acid i would have joined as Stannis^^
    Ill admin for you, I assume you want Youngbloods and the regular turn order?
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

GL fellas

Acidrocker, you have been greatly missed my friend.... long time no see

Miss you as well and miss everyone on the forums!

Noob, would you be ok with mith subbing you?

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord AcidRocker View Post
    Miss you as well and miss everyone on the forums!
    Great to have you back! I miss the times we fought together.

Quote Originally Posted by The Knight Of The Rivers View Post
    Noob, would you be ok with mith subbing you?
    If needed, I'd be fine with it

ok, well, if it does come to that then I suppose Mith can sub if he is able to.

Are we using .53? Or a submod?

vozd's Avatar Vicarius

One idea:

I think that if spear is every Dornishman weapon of choice they should be better then any other spear unit in the game.
    For example, Armoured Spearmen have 4 attack and 14 defence, but Dornish Spearmen have 4 attack and 12 defence.
    Give them better attack and more defensive skills. 6a 13d would be perfect, since they are still less armoured then other Westeros sprear unit, but have better punch!
    Dornish Swordsmen need improvement also. Now they have 5a 13d, which is too little. I would give them 6a 14d.
    That makes them less armoured then Stark Men-at-Arms, but give them chance to stand against Armoured Swordsmen and A/Spearmen of other houses.

Please everybody tell what you think about this!

It'd be somewhat interesting do see if they do better, but I'm not sure it is worth it to create an entire separate mod folder/remember to switch out the EDU every turn

vozd's Avatar Vicarius

I thought that only first save must have edited descr.stat to have this. If this isn't the case, then nevermind.

But I think that in all Westeros mods Martells are very crippled and they must be tweaked.

Descr strat just determines the location of starting armies/agents and ownership of settlements along with a few other things. EDU determines soldier stats.

Quote Originally Posted by vozd View Post
    I thought that only first save must have edited descr.stat to have this. If this isn't the case, then nevermind.

But I think that in all Westeros mods Martells are very crippled and they must be tweaked.
    If you prefer Arryn , I can swap with Martell.
    Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by complete noob:( View Post
    Descr strat just determines the location of starting armies/agents and ownership of settlements along with a few other things. EDU determines soldier stats.
    So that means that players can modify soldier stats and cheat? How can be that prevented?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast