Orcs of Gundabad:
    Chieftain Khuzaymah
    Rhun:
    Patokay

Campaign Length: Long

Campaign Difficulty: Hard
    Battle Difficulty: Medium

VICTORY CONDITIONS:
    - Good Side win if it captures: Dol Guldur, Mount Gundabad, Carn Dum, Goblin Town and Moria. Also Mordor must be destroyed, Rhun must be defeated or neutralized and both Orc factions must hold max. two regions.
    - Evil Side win if it captures 75 % of regions on the playable map.
    - Good vs Evil campaign

~ RULES
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    BASIC RULES:
    - You are allowed to reload your saves as many times you want to.
    - Turns must be played within 24 hours or you will be auto-subbed by an admin. If you fail to do your turn more than three times, without notifying anyone, you will be removed from the hotseat.
    - Once you have finished your turn and uploaded the save, please PM and leave a Visitor message for the next person.
    - If you suspect one of the players have broken any rules or cheated, please contact the Admin and ask him to check it.
    - You are not allowed to take any region beyond the white border shown on the map above.

BATTLE RULES:

- Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list. Attacking defeated armies the following turn is allowed.
    - Its ALLOWED to use seige equipment to attack city straight instead of waiting siege equipment to construct.Siege equipment must be shown on a battle proof image.
    - All Player vs Player battles must be auto-resolved. Battles against AI can be played. Note: Screenshots are to be posted as evidence of auto-resolve.(The Odds and Results windows must not be edited in any way. Editing out Map info, Cash, and any Units/Agents/Regions not involved in the attack is fine).
    Composition of the army must not be edited and being visible.
    - No surrounding enemy armies with one stack armies, solely to deny any survivors a retreat. Blocks of landbridge ,bridges or similar, to cut the retreat is allowed
    if not in contact with the enemy army (which means the red zone around the enemy army)
    -No attacking ships inside a port. You cannot leave a blocked port without fighting the enemy ships first.
    -you can build only two forts per region max (it is meant per faction, so if faction A builttwo forts in region 1 ,also faction B can build his fort in the same region).
    -No Heroic Victories, this is because we allow reloading
    -You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile further

SPY RULES:
    - Spies aren't allowed to spread plague.
    - Spies cannot open gates of settlements and forts, but they are allow to spy on enemy territory.

BUILDING RULES:
    - You may not gift a region to another faction if the city is at risk of capture.
    - No destroying of any buildings if city is at risk of capture
    - Any building except military buildings can be destroyed in settlement after you hold it for 3 turns
    - You are not allowed to exterminate a city. You must either sack it or occupy it. This is to prevent huge cities from turning into villages.

NO INVASIONS ALLOWED!
    - You cannot call an Invasion
    - You cannot join an Invasion
    - If an Invasion is called you must ignore it.

Last edited by Matto16; September 10, 2014 at 02:09 AM.
    TATW HS Community Award

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Shadow of the North [3.2 HS] (Invite players only)

Quote Originally Posted by Matto16 View Post

There will be some other modifications in descr_strat which will change factions starting power.
    Mordor will get a full stack in Dol Guldur which would be their only stronghold.
    Rhun will hold only two most northern settlements with half stack in each of them.
    OoG will start a little stronger by adding them some more troops as Dwarves could easily destroy them later.
    I smell an evil blitz. Should be fun.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

I would like to take the Dwarves, if they are still available.

I also had some thoughts about how victory would be decided. It seems to me that even though the dwarves and elves can't ally, there is little incentive for them to fight each other because the good side wins if evil is destroyed. Is that correct?

Why don't we say that only one Alliance can end up winning the game? Since the dwarves and elves can't ally, that would mean that they have to fight each other eventually. Human factions like Dale and Eriador can decide whether to joint the dwarves or the elves, or even create their own alliance to try to win the game. A very ambitious player could even decide to try to win the game himself and take all the glory.

I think there should be an option where two or more factions allied together can conquer the map and win the game together. But you have to change the rules somewhat to give the good factions incentive to fight against each other.
    Last edited by joerock22; June 22, 2013 at 12:44 PM.

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

I dont understand this rule
    3.) all ORC factions will stand unite while Rhun can join Dale of Dwarves only if ORC factions will be loosing

I think you mean that OotMM, OoG and Mordor will have an unbreakable alliance from the start onwards, until maybe they get a lot stronger.
    But Rhun can join dale or dwarves i dont understand that part.

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

nooooooooooooooooooooooo,,,,, I just replied with dwarves via PM DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain Khuzaymah View Post
    I dont understand this rule
    3.) all ORC factions will stand unite while Rhun can join Dale of Dwarves only if ORC factions will be loosing

I think you mean that OotMM, OoG and Mordor will have an unbreakable alliance from the start onwards, until maybe they get a lot stronger.
    But Rhun can join dale or dwarves i dont understand that part.

It is quite clear. Rhun will stand with ORC factions from the beginning, fight with them and be on their side. HOWEVER if they will be loosing Rhun can breake that alliance and join Dwarves or Dale if they will accept that of course.

Joerock and Arrow you should decide which one will take Dwarves.
    TATW HS Community Award

Ahh that way, well the sentence says rhun can join dale or dwarves only if orc factions will be losing, so when OotMM, OoG and Mordor are getting hammered

Maybe you coould create a picture of the playable map, just like the one in YB.

And what about OoG, OotMM and Mordor, must they have a perm alliance? Or is there a point in the game where they could turn against each other?
    Last edited by Chieftain Khuzaymah; June 22, 2013 at 12:53 PM.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Matto16 View Post
    Joerock and Arrow you should decide which one will take Dwarves.
    I'm trying to play factions I've never played before, so if I posted first I would like to take the Dwarves. Sorry, Arrow. You could be Silvans and take your revenge upon me?

I want Silvans than.

It is agreed then, joerock will have dwarves and Arrow Silvans. Maybe that way I can get revenge for beating my Rohan stacks in YB

Map and everything will be created, we still have more than a week before this hotseat starts.
    Orc factions have a permanent alliance so that we won't make things even more complicated.
    TATW HS Community Award

IT is kind of unfair how Mordor gets a stack at the start and the elves get their vanilla start (which sucks) it would be hard for me to expand with 5 units while you are trying to do the same thing with a stack, not to mention what the OOG are going to throw at me.

Also are you going to upload a map showing the boundaries of the map?

We are full now - Patokay will take Rhun and JWANT Eriador. This week I will upload a map and add rules so that we can begin next week.
    TATW HS Community Award

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow2daknee View Post
    IT is kind of unfair how Mordor gets a stack at the start and the elves get their vanilla start (which sucks) it would be hard for me to expand with 5 units while you are trying to do the same thing with a stack, not to mention what the OOG are going to throw at me.

Also are you going to upload a map showing the boundaries of the map?
    Hmm, I feel what you are saying, if Mordor has a full starting stack at Dol Guldur it can walk straight to Lorien and take Caras Galadhon and Cerin Amroth. Though I just checked, if you can bring your forces from the north together with the ones from Lorien, you will be able to form a full stack with the starting units and the ones you can make.

I am OoG, I haven't really made any plans yet, but I am surrounded by Dwarves and Eriador in the west and Dwarves and Dale in the east. I really doubt Elves would be main concern of OoG...

Though I hear what you are sayin about the full stack of Mordor. I think a full stack for Mordor is fair, since it has only 1 starting settlement and not much recruitment opportunities therefor, but maybe a rule that he may not proceed to Lorien within x turns?

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

i am playing high elves chieftain be afraid be very afraid ...

Huh? I'll have no pointy-ear outscoring me!

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow2daknee View Post
    Yeah a full stack might be a bit too much for turn 1, Silvans cannot possibly defend Lothlorien with 5 units and a Mordor full stack led by a nazgul 5 turns away. I think 15 units is more than enough, maybe even 12 considering Mordor's superior AR.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    Yeah a full stack might be a bit too much for turn 1, Silvans cannot possibly defend Lothlorien with 5 units and a Mordor full stack led by a nazgul 5 turns away. I think 15 units is more than enough, maybe even 12 considering Mordor's superior AR.
    You are right about that. Since Dol Guldur is Mordor's only settlement I think 15 units is the best because some units will remain there to guard it. Sending all my units to Lothlorien wouldn't be so good as I have to watch on Silvans and Dale in the north which can expand quite fast. Also recruitment opportunities are very limited because of lack of orc culture in elven lands.
    TATW HS Community Award

Not only elven culture, also the forrest vegetation will significantly reduce your capability to recruit units...

JWANT's Avatar Senator

i'm good with Eriador. I will suggest that victory conditions based on the various alliances-allowed scenarios be determined and written in the description of the hotseat.

For example:
    "elves and dwarves won't be able to make alliance unless evil forces conquer majority of the North"

Will "majority" be defined or is it left up to admin's descretion?

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

make it a percentage of the settlements i the map maybe?

Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast