Thread: NPC Faction?

Default NPC Faction?

I was going through the files in Hyrule Total War today and I noticed something odd. In the factions list, there were the usual factions -Hyrule, Ordona, etc.- but there was also a faction that doesn't seem to appear at all.

This faction is apparently the Rito, from the Wind Waker.

VGF254's Avatar Civis

Default Re: NPC Faction?

I think they are planned after the final version of HTW

as far as i remember there is actually no room for another faction, i believe that the aforementioned Rito faction has now become the Ancient Hylian faction

(and the hero of time faction i believe allows heroes to be playable in the mod)
    I shall consume... consume everything

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    as far as i remember there is actually no room for another faction, i believe that the aforementioned Rito faction has now become the Ancient Hylian faction

(and the hero of time faction i believe allows heroes to be playable in the mod)
    No, it's the 'saxons' dummy faction. The Hero of Time faction seems to have something to do with the Link Campaign.

Windrider37's Avatar Centenarius

well, we dont know for sure, we can only hope, they would be a pretty awesome faction. besides, who knows what other faction changes neph has made along with ancient Hylians...they may still be created and usable!
    My Skype and steam name is Windrider37 on both. I love chatting and playing games if someone would like to do either ^.^

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post

1. Gerudo 2. Goron 3. KoH 4. FoT 5. Labrynna Regime 6. Horonians 7. Subrosia 8. Huskus 9. Hero of Time 10. Ancient Hylians 11. Kokiri 12. Ikana 13. Moblins 14. Gohma 15. Ordona 16. Lanayru 17. Church of Majora 18. Occa 19. Forces of Twilight 20. Tokay 21. Lizafos 22. Darknuts 23. Zuna 24. Deku Tribes 25. River Zora 26. Order of the Wizzrobe 27. Stalfos 28. Shiekah 29. Saxons (used for technical reasons)

There is 1 factions slot left, as there are 30 factions slots and the rebels don't take up one of them (unless you count the rebel slot to then it is 31)

I'm pretty sure that the Hero of Time will be the faction used for the Link campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeford View Post
    1. Gerudo 2. Goron 3. KoH 4. FoT 5. Labrynna Regime 6. Horonians 7. Subrosia 8. Huskus 9. Hero of Time 10. Ancient Hylians 11. Kokiri 12. Ikana 13. Moblins 14. Gohma 15. Ordona 16. Lanayru 17. Church of Majora 18. Occa 19. Forces of Twilight 20. Tokay 21. Lizafos 22. Darknuts 23. Zuna 24. Deku Tribes 25. River Zora 26. Order of the Wizzrobe 27. Stalfos 28. Shiekah 29. Saxons (used for technical reasons)

There is 1 factions slot left, as there are 30 factions slots and the rebels don't take up one of them (unless you count the rebel slot to then it is 31)
    You forgot the Zora.

Quote Originally Posted by HTD View Post
    No, it's the 'saxons' dummy faction. The Hero of Time faction seems to have something to do with the Link Campaign.
    The "Link campaign" has been scrapped in favor of "Hyrule Historia" and the "Hero of Time faction" turned into the Ancient Hylians.

So unless the plans change again, the Rito should still show up. Eventually.

I hope the Rito get their own island in the sea.
    Even if only as rebels or hireable mercenaries. It could be like the Subrosian event where you eventually get access to their territory after a certain turn amount.

Current plans are for them to only appear in custom battles.

Current plans have been changed in the past.
    And I don't think it would be TOO hard to add territory and mercenary recruitment.

You're ramming an open city gate with me, I'd be delighted with their addition in the campaign. It's Nephalim you have to persuade

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    ramming an open city gate

Quote Originally Posted by Encablossa View Post
    I hope the Rito get their own island in the sea.
    Even if only as rebels or hireable mercenaries. It could be like the Subrosian event where you eventually get access to their territory after a certain turn amount.
    If they were their own island in the sea, you'd never be able to get to them. Because, you know, ships are not going into this mod. At all.

Nearly certain landmasses don't actually have to be touching. I remember seeing a thread in the mod workshop for a way to walk over open water by having land tiles diagonally from one another(or something to that effect). This can be seen in Third Age on the islands west of Pelargir, or near the bottom of the High Elves territory.
    Heck, even the Tokay settlement is reached by walking over water. This can be extended to those useless islands east of Ikana, bypassing the need for ships.
    Here's an example.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Serkol, I like that analogy. Dragus, I laughed.