Thread: Windows 7 Compatibility

Default Windows 7 Compatibility

I have played this mod with great pleasure since 2006. I have recently been forced to move to a new hard disk and a new version of Windows 7. I can re-install NTW from Steam but it does not work. I can remember having some problems with DX9 when I first moved to Windows 7 and other problems I cannot now remember but I did get NTW and the mod to run. I have tried but failed miserably this time to even get NTW to run. I am now on my second new install of Windows 7 and I am about to re-download NTW. Has anyone successfully got NTW to run on a clean install of Win 7? If so can anyone direct me to a reliable document which tells me how to do it? I am desperate. Any help would be very gratefully received.

Default Re: Windows 7 Compatibility

Not sure what the issue is you are experiencing. I run NTW/NTW3 on windows 7 with no issues. I din not do anything special just got my new pc and installed all my programs one at a time and all worked.

Thanks for the reply. The problem has gone away. This was the first time I had ever installed the game from scratch using Steam. I had always used disks since before steam days. I was amazed to find that when I re-installed this time using steam it automatically downloaded DX9 and CC+ the first time I played the game and the game runs. So the problem was a bad download.

Good to hear that you found a solution. Well then maybe we'll see you drop by our team speak server or tonight in the MP lobby. )