Thread: Rise of the Scythe (Version 2)!

Default Rise of the Scythe (Version 2)!

Ok so having set up my new computer and getting settled into a new home I have decided to restart this AAR.

Same Rules as before however this time I have decided to utilize the hotseat feature. This means I will control several factions on my own simultaneously. This may cause problems with important battles later in the future however. As such I will take liberties and in the case of important battles (If I am playing as both Starks and Ironborn expecially) act them out in custom battles with unit compositions as close to those in the game as possible. I will still use autoresolve for smaller battles and most others.

This will again focus on the Rise of the Harlaw family under Harras as rulers of the Iron Isles. However with me controlling several factions I will also include some stories from them.

Factions I will control personally.
    -Iron Isles (Obviously)
    -Stark (In order to have them actually cause mayhem and defend the north against wildlings)
    -Hightower (To prevent them from causing terrible mayhem with Martell)
    -Kings Landing Baratheons (To crush Targs fast and fight Ironborn)

New update should be up tommorow once I find a good picture hosting site. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Rise of the Scythe (Version 2)!

Good luck!

STARK

With the landing of the Targaryen forces all over the southern Stormlands the war has begun. With King Robert calling forth all the powers of the seven kingdoms blood would be spilled soon. Eddard, along with his daughters, was in Kings Landing serving as the Kings Hand when it began. Along with Beric Dondarrion he was to take his men and move west were rumour had spread that the local lords would not support the Iron Throne but the Targaryens. It was a decent day out when Eddard departed Kings Landing, perhaps one of the last the kingdom would ever see...

In the far north Robb Stark was charged with heading to the wall to help the Nights Watch defend against Wildlings. Joining him was Jon Umber and Rickard Karstark. They would take several hundred men to help defend the realm. However the Boltons had other plans for the north...

BARATHEON

Now that the Targayens had returned to Westeros King Robert was again readying himself for war. To strengthen the alliance with his brothers he married Lollys Stokeworth to the bastard Edric Storm. With the marraige alliance secure he assembled a great force some 20,000 strong in the Crownlands. Robert, Sir Barristan, The Hound, and Sir Oakheart would lead this force towards Storms End to deal with the enemy directly with the best troops immediately available to the realm. In Stokeworth the King, with the agreement of his small council, left the remainder of the Kingsguard and the bulk of the local levies. They were to form a defensive force in case any lords joined with the invaders and crush them. Berric Dondarrion was to lead a small force west alongside Eddard Stark to crush any local lords that sided with the Targaryens before they could become a serious threat.

HIGHTOWER

As the Lords of Westeros decided their allegiance Oldtown remained passive. Not until the Redwynes broke faith with the Tyrells did they muster the full force of their armies and plan to invade the traitorous island...

IRONBORN

Sir Harras stood on the bow of the longship in silence. His Lord, Balon Greyjoy, had decided to bring the full force of the Ironborn to bear on the Riverlands while the crown was distracted by the Targaryen invasion. Most were unhappy with it. Harras was one of those. In his opinion the Iron Isles should move against the Targaryens and gain favor with the Iron Throne then gobble up the pieces as the realm began to fracture. However he would obey his lord. However he had his own plans in mind. Euron had come up with the idea that he should marry Asha Greyjoy. In this way he would be in the line of succession for leadership of the Iron Isles. Harras was reluctant, but if it meant raising the Ironborn from their past shames he would do it.

The plan of the Ironborn was simple and practical. Take the Riverlands by surprise while they were busy. Harras and Baelor Blacktyde along with Euron Greyjoy were to capture Seaguard with the smallest force. Victarion and Dagmer were to capture the ruins of Oldstones and the surrounding area with the second force while Balon, Aeron, and the Goodbrothers seiged Riverrun. Only time would tell if the plan worked...

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Nice +rep

HIGHTOWER

After marshalling their entire force into Oldtown Lord Leyton Hightower stood and watched his fleet sail. It was making for the Arbor and the Redwynes. They had chosen to side with the newly arrived Targaryens against their King, Robert Baratheon. While the vast majority of the men were simple levies he had sent his sons alongside the city guards of Oldtown and the cream of the Hightowers forces to make landing. If it was achieved and the Redwynes were defeated perhaps the King could even be presuaded to name him Lord of the Reach to replace the buffoon Mace Tyrell who, while proclaiming to be on the Kings side, had yet to marshall any force to face the Targaryen threat.

"SOLID GROUND!" The cry came up from Hightower men everywhere as they finally reached the shores of the Arbor. They had suffered terribly on their journey. The Redwyne fleet caught them in open water and almost managed their destruction. If it were not for the storm rolling in from the north they would have all died at sea. But now here they were on the soft sandy beach... with the city itself in their sites and revenge in their hearts.

IRONBORN

Harras sat patiently. Only a day before he had made Asha Greyjoy his wife and consumated the union. Now his plan could begin. With Rodrik Harlaw back in Ten Towers he was free to slowly instigate the rise of the Scythe and his family name. He and Euron Greyjoy commanded the northernmost force of the Ironmen in the Riverlands. Before them stood Seaguard. The ancient castle that had been built solely to defend against them. Harras would have it taken within a day, or so he hoped.

He and Euron had also received word that Balon moved south and Victarion was about to face down the enemy around Oldstones. If they succeeded the Ironborn would have the Riverlands at their mercy. Then Harras would make a name for himself in more ways than one...