Thread: missing unit names

Foederatus

Default missing unit names

Hi folks,
    I am new to the forums and have read thru most everything I found on modding with the official assembly kit. I have been playing TW games for years but I am new to modding and practicing a lot lately. Naturally I also run into problems that are beyond me every now and then.
    I have added custom units to Shogun 2 and edited, what seems like, every relevant files (some 12 or so) and my mew units load fine and everything is doing okay - except one little thing. The shiny new custom units dont load with a name. When I click on their "info panel" ingame, the stats are there but the custom name is blank. When I edited the tables I edited them on advise of Tweaks (gave me a list of files I also have to edit when I added a new unit in "unit_tables" but apperantly I missed a table where the custom names should be entered.
    Can you advise?

Default Re: missing unit names

It seems like you forgot to import the units.loc table. Check this tutorial to see how to edit that table:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...k-File-Manager

Just like what that tutorial says, I recommend that you rename units.loc to something like units_new.loc. That way, you can just have the entries for your custom units instead of being forced to keep the whole table.

Default Re: missing unit names

I also forgot to say that units.loc is located inside local_en.pack, not data.pack.