Thread: wanted to delete some units .....

Default wanted to delete some units .....

hello helpers,

i wanted to ask where i has to be for deleting Units.
    i do have some new units and wanted to place them with there one sprite and cas.
    But afther 2 units that are working and placed in descr_model_battle i get a error
    that the limited is reach, so i wanted to delete like the peasants, sreaming lady's
    etc etc... for good...
    but i don't now how and where... :hmmm:

if you have the time and a answer, i would be happy if you would help me..

Default Re: wanted to delete some units .....

Heres how to more or less completely remove them from the game:
    1) Open up your descr_model_battle.txt file and find the unit you wish to delete (highlight the text next to the line 'type and press ctrl+c)
    2) Delete this entire section of text
    3) Open up your export_descr_units.txt file and find the unit you just deleted from the dmb. (Use ctrl+f and then paste in what you copied earlier to easily find these - if multiple entries come up you must delete those as well)
    4) Once you have this, delete this section of text (make sure it is the same unit you removed from the dmb)
    5) Open up export_descr_units_enums.txt and remove this units entry (an easy way to do this is to copy the line in the edu called 'dictionary' before you delete it. Then you can press ctrl+f to search, enter in the dictionary line, press enter, and it will take you right to it). There will be three lines here you have to delete, all one on top of the other.
    6) Open up export_units.txt (in the folder called 'text') and using the same method as step 5 find the dictionary entry for this unit. Then delete this section (also delete the dashed line underneath it)
    7) Open up export_descr_buildings.txt and find this unit's entry (again, cross reference this with its edu entry) and delete it. There will most likely be multiple entries (about 3-4 on average) so make sure you delete them all.
    8) Now go into the following folder: world -> maps -> campaign -> imperial campaign
    9) Open up your descr_strat folder, press ctrl+f to search, and search here for your unit (using I believe the line 'type' from the edu). This is to ensure that you dont get a random CTD upon starting a campaign.

I think this came out as a little longer and a little more confusing than I intended. If you have questions just post here

well Publius it is a long way to go, so have a little bit rest and so for now i understand it all.
    But there is always a but from people like me.

i did found out that it is a problem like this.
    i wanted to play THRACE with new units
    only the old units are most off them from the Greek
    for exsample when i wanted to delete the Archer ( greek_archer ) from the THRACE (see Units card Thrace )
    and in export_descr_units.txt i look for Greek_archer and see that there is no ownership of the THRACE
    so i could not delete him, if i do, i have the problem that the greek has also no greek_archer and the macedon
    and who nows more.

but with your help and advice i will loke down in your .txt files descr_model_battle.txt export_descr_units.txt
    export_descr_units_enums.txt export_units.txt (in the folder called 'text') export_descr_buildings.txt
    folder: world -> maps -> campaign -> imperial campaign - > descr_strat
    thanks for now and maybe 2 the next time..

you can make the units unplayable for thrace fairly easily. However, if you want to make room for another unit (you said you had reached the hardcoded limit I believe) you have to remove the entry entirely.

yeh and for that i am a little bit afraid. ( hardcoded limit ) that is for me to far for understanding how and where.
    So thanks no thanks.
    There has to be a easyer way. I think and hope.
    Just why isn't it possible to remove the Greek_ (units cards) out of the Thrace.
    Publius, I will read more mods, in different forums, I think, until I have found for what I am looking for.
    Its not easy, but its possible.

I will let you now if i have found something

removing the unit card does only that. The actual hardcoded limit comes from dmb entries - thats what you need to eliminate and when you get rid of that, there are other things that go with it which you must remove in other files as well or you might get CTD's. Trust me on this mate, I removed all of the vanilla units out of BI for a mod once. Most likely if you are finding an "easier" way (outside of maybe a program that does it for you) then they are probably forgetting something.

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

Publius
    is right
    u should trust him
    that is the only way to deal with units
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean