Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hegemonia Script Suggestions!!!

Default Re: Script Suggestions!

The supply lines of EB and the new sub-faction system of RTR 7 are the ones which most interest me, lt of SPQR also has some good ones

There's a script in E.B. I think it is, which includes technological adaptations - the one where the Selucids encounter Catephrats and a general with a certain trait eventualy decides to create his own unit, it's then added to the recruitment menu.

Not sure exactly what it could best be used for, and your teams knowledge of the history and modding far outstrips myself, but if this is useful for showing the militray changes of the C5th I'm sure you boys'll find a way of useing it.

Don't think I need to say that this looks like the most well crafted and resurched speacilist mod out there. I'm one of the many folk who bought B.I. just so I can run this when it comes out. You guy's should seriousely look into getting some sort of sponsorship from iether games magazines, classical education foundations or see if the B.B.C. or UK history will take an interest in useing your work to tell the history of the C5th in full.

Seriously, write formerly to those that matter once you've a full release to show.

Ow yah, i got a few interesting suggestions.

I played The First Triumvirate and,
    they used cool scripts.

Examples:
    - I don't know what you guys are up to, but the traith-and-position-thing is quite cool. I mean with this: if there are certain ranks in the city states of Greece, you can script them. Like he becoming the infantry master with bonusses when comanding infantry and he who's father fought in a War and he learned from him and also receives a command bonus when joining your faction.

-Neutral/not included factions (small villages) offering help. This is the kind of script with TFT i said : 'wow man is this possible???!!!' Like a city going to war and the advisor pups op and says: "The city of blablabla offers you two hundred hoplites and joins your proposal to attack that city (city name). You must accept this offer and pay XXX denarii and then the script puts 200 hoplites in your army. This increases historical accuracy with high amounts.

-Rebellions: when certain rebellions found place in history they should be added. Don't, know, e.g. a Spartan Helot rebellion where they get strong helots (are they included?)
    this would be very cool.

And I also would like to give this general suggestion:
    give many explanations like in 'Imperator'(mod for RTR gold and Platinum) where the advisor says: it is the early winter of 423 BC (just saying something) ; during this winter the Athenians joined the council of ................ I mean just give many explanations of how thing worked in that time.

Greetings,

Quinctius.

If your mod starts with the Persain invasion then run a script at the beginning and have a huge army and navy move from Asia minor into greece ... bring in abit of historic accuracy?

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

The sub-factions think in RTR 7 would be cool, i heard about it being in a few other mods too, but i forgot what those were.

Tzif

What about the reform of Iphicrates as part of the script?

Also maybe what about a sudden population growth in some areas and a decline in others.

I think that it would be a great idea creating a faction of sorts,like SPQR in vanilla game,which would have a role simillar with the Corinthian Council or Delphi Federation.When activated all the greek factions would ally to battle more efficient the persians as it happened in the persian wars. . .what do you think???
    "ΕΙΣΟΙΩΝΟΣΑΡΙΣΤΟΣΑΜΥΝΕΣΘΑΙΠΕΡΙΠΑΤΡΙΣ"

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

1) iphicrates reforms would mean a complete reassignment of units which we dont have much space for as it is due to the massie amounts of units already ingame

2) im not sure what you mean by this what is it to represent?

3) all 20 faction slots are already in use but we are looking into seeing what we can do with this kinda idea
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

Quote Originally Posted by spirit_of_rob
    3) all 20 faction slots are already in use but we are looking into seeing what we can do with this kinda idea
    Awsome, they give alot of detail about how they make it work in the Imperium: Total War Forums.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

I think all suggestions so far posted in this thread sound very good and MOUTHWATERING.
    I wonder, how heavily can things be scripted? I mean, is it possible to create an optional personal career-kind of campaign with you starting in command of only a single unit (stuck with the restricted general camera on the battlefield), the AI controlling the rest of your faction's troops and doings (like an "ally"), and, with your superiors approving of your performance in different positions, only slowly rising to command of the resources of the whole faction? I don't know, maybe this is too radical a suit to fit a game like RTW in. If the fortunes of the faction were left to the AI too long there might not be any country to be in command of by the time you were ready for it. Still, it would be a more realistic representation of the condition any individual faced at the time. Battles, on which the survival of your faction depended, would also become quite nervy if you only commanded a small part of the army...
    Developping the diplomatic side of the game should be more feasible, however. I've never been asked by the AI to give military access, to participate in a military campaign, to hand over some troops, to share some technology (like for sewers), to aid them in some way when they're in trouble and so on. Such things were commonplace in real life and should not be too difficult to implement in the game. When it comes to sharing technologies, this could be done in the following way. If your ally has built, say, sewers somewhere, it means that they have the know-how for it. Sending your diplomat to ask them to share this know-how with you they might agree, for something in return, and then, not having to go through the trial-and-error part of developping a mature technology yourself (having advisors from the ally to direct your work), sewers become available to you earlier and/or cheaper to construct. Also, spies should be able to steal technologies from other factions. But if they manage to steal the know-how for constructing sewers, it will not be as good a gain as when getting the full cooperation for the diffusion of this technology. The building quality would therefore suffer and the cost for contructing sewers not come significantly cheaper (sometimes, perhaps, even more expensive, if we interpreted scarce information all wrong!). Better then to work peacefully with allies.
    One last thing. Religion was very important in those days. A script that dictated now and then that you must do something for religious purposes, like following the advice of the Oracle at Delphi, would be great and a nice touch for the historical sense of the game.
    Last edited by Demokritos; September 16, 2006 at 12:55 PM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

ok if Iphicrates is out.

What about an helot revolt in Sparta?

There will definately be some.

Believe in Hegemonia... Or the Megarian will get you.

Maybe scripts that make rebel cities randomly join your empire. For example a city in Sicily randomly joining the Athenians (in order to get help against Syracuse). You would maybe get some cash for this too, and some starting troops in the city. If possible it could be based on the diplomatic or financial situtaion(eg common enemy/low on cash) and the culture or government systems (ie Hellens vs Barbarians, Democrats vs Oligarchs).

Likewise, cities randomly rebelling from you, probably to another empire or maybe just becoming independant (rebels).

Finally, something to simulate surrenders. Probably something like when you seige a city, there is a chance, (maybe based on the size difference between armies) that they will peacfully surrender. As a result, you gain whatver troops they had.

They would of course have to balance - I wouldn't want the AI blitzing through rebel areas and carving out huge empires too easily.

I want to see the Olympic games like in EB.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Eduorix
    I want to see the Olympic games like in EB.
    Nice idea, even though I don't know how EB plans to implement it. But one could imagine one of your family members taking part of the Olympics. If he's randomized to be successful, like proclaimed the victor of an event, then he could earn money for his family and personal influence, perhaps even influence for his faction leader. There should be room for disgrace here, too, however, if he fails miserably. If the fortunes in these games are presented in short videos, that would be very nice indeed.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Write a script that makes historical battles significant (other than just creating a marker on the campaign map). For example, Athens is accumulating an overseas empire. After attacking Syracuse and losing a huge pitched battle, certain cities revolt from Athens because she's weakened (perhaps have it be based on the distance from capital rating). Likewise, if Thebes captures a city and razes it to the ground, some cities in the region may join with Thebes out of fear, and others might retaliate in horror.

That idea is very good about the historical battles. Like maybe the Persian invasion get a lot of territory of Northern Greece and they also take Athens. Then you have the battle of Platea to see if you can recover them back.

I don't know if this comes too late or if it's too much work to do, but here goes:

in the very little free time I have, I've been fiddling a bit with the Arthurian:TW mod (yeah... playing Arthur of the Britons of course ) and it seems to me that their idea to "flesh out" a bit the rebels could/should be applied to H:CS. The idea of the rebels having agents and the ability to propose treaties (most importantly trade ) could reflect the numerous independent city states that do not fit in any league, alliance or empire that has been represented in H:CS by a faction. Now, if only the AI would learn to respect the neutrality of such independent cities :tooth: ...

Also, to take a bit further the idea of the previous two posts, it would be nice to add in a concept of a "decisive battle" (something that is completely missing from RTW in general).

The point is that I'm sick and tired of factions fighting to the death against all odds (eg you have exterminated a dozen of their finest armies, you've taken all their best cities and they won't even accept peace!). It would be nice if after a major encounter (plus a couple of extra condition checks) there could be some form of cession of hostilities - ie they either capitulate (annexed - esp. if left with only one city), or offer to become protectorate, or just sue for peace (oh, and make sure they're not going to resume the war in the very next turn ). This would be especially relevant in this time period, when differences between greek cities could be settled in a single decisive battle (the Peloponnesian war was in fact an exception and a quite late development - so this 'script' should prolly not apply to a war between the two historical greek superpowers, they'll get to fight to the end, and same for greeks vs 'barbarians')

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast